Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 2016: featuring Tim Dormer, Nikki Grahame and some Canadians

It was interesting watching - so different to the Aussie version. Everyone sitting around talking strategy as opposed to getting to know each other. I don't know if I like that full-on gameplay but it's interesting.
It just made such a difference to me when Tim came in, he was really engaging with them I thought. He sure knows how to carry a conversation. He probably found out more about them than they have with each other the entire time they'd been there.

I've become addicted to watching the streams!

I never realised the extent of Tim's entertainment value - ironicly was because BBAU never had live-streams! I know it's early days, but it's amazing watching Tim work.

Paired with Nikki, I love little moments like this showing they have a genuine friendship:
https://streamable.com/k1kb

I secretly hope they somehow Steven Bradbury this series :)

Tim was having a rant to the other housemates on the live feeds a little while ago about the fact that production asked him to put make up on for his diary room session and he was saying he hates how the diary room chats are "scripted". He also wanted to cover up the clock because there is "not meant to be time in the BB house it is supposed to be irrelevant". The hardcore Canadian BB fans seem to be loving it from what I've read on other forums. Tim and Nikki are huge fan favourites among the hardcore fans over there.

Reading the Reddit BB Canada sub forum 99% of the posters are talking about Tim and how funny and amazing he is. They are also talking about Nikki and how amazing she is:biggrin: They are loving Tim and Nikki. They were all talking about how they were watching the live feeds and said they preferred watching Tim sit by himself in the back yard and make a snowball over watching the 14 Canadians interact inside the house.

Tim especially has gone down well with the Canadians and US viewers which I'm happy to see. Whether they might tire of him like some of us did back in his series remains to be seen, but my personal problem with him was he was the out and out favourite to win and did win, and that always annoys me. It's different with the US/Canadian format as they have to play it to the end, not just rely on the public to carry them through to victory, plus it's also great to see Tim on the live feeds, something the Aussie viewers were denied.

Nikki hopefully has settled down now and dropped the facade - I found her really annoying in last nights episode and find she now plays herself rather than is herself. Hopefully the fact that in Canada she hasn't got a character to live up to plus it being a really different game means she will settle down and genuinely be herself (the live feed caps I've seen suggest that might be the case) but really don't think she'll last too long to be honest. I do hope she wins a HoH though as I'd love to see how she handles it and really do think she'd just do what the heck she liked rather than pander to the house, though then probably spend the week stressing out over it.

What a bizarre world we live in. As long time fans of both BBAU and BBUK, Tim and Nikki in the same house together has got to be the strangest thing to watch ever.

It's almost as if some BB superfan has kidnapped two of their favourite HMs, and stashed them away in a foreign house where they thought nobody would ever find out about what they were doing. It's like a strange Big Brother fantasy land, and it's all too real.

So yeah... I've started watching this, and also trying to get in on the live feeds when I have time, as I've never been able to watch either Nikki or Tim unedited... although I read somebody say they try to feed the Canadian HMs scripted diary room monologues? That doesn't sound right though. You'd think that with the live feeds, they wouldn't bother with that sort of stuff. The best diary room conversations are always unscripted.

This is also my first real foray into watching the Canadian/US format. I was aware of how it's played, but I've never actually sat through a season of it. After so many seasons of the UK/AU format, it's actually kind of refreshing to not have to give a shit about what the public think, and to not have that anxiety about your favourite staying safe. It's completely out of your control, which actually helps you to relax and just enjoy the show. I like it so far, but I need to watch more to really get a feel for these HMs and the format. I don't think they'll win, but Tim and Nikki could actually do really well on this. They're different in many ways, but are both very socially manipulative, and that should work in their favour, at least for a while.

I'm also thinking that this could be the perfect way to revive BB here. Less episodes per week would suit less committed broadcasters like Channel 9, but it would need a reinstated livefeed to sustain the interest of BB's core demographic of superfans. Tim doing well could help seed that idea here.

YESSSSS!!!!!! The Onsie has made it's return!!!!

10603276_10207478831163265_4724995767144856569_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207478831163265&set=gm.1022627164450621&type=3

Is Tim a Have? Niki a have? Or????
This show is odd isn't it? They all wank on about ...bugger if I know mostly, they seem to spend a lot of time backtracking with everyone going around in circles.
Can't take my eyes of the 2 stars myself, ie Tim/Nik
Fat tat guy needs a shirt.

can somebody please PM me how to watch the live streams...I can watch the shows but really want the streams please please pretty please?

Yes, if someone knows how to access the live stream, I would be really grateful to know!
Likewise, are there any chat threads anywhere that are good? Maybe even have a running recap like this site use to for BBAU?

Thanks lovers!

can somebody please PM me how to watch the live streams...I can watch the shows but really want the streams please please pretty please?

Download Hola (A VPN service). Go to the live stream paige on the website and set your location to canada.

Tim just said how in Big Brother 2014 they put Tim back in the house because the ratings were so bad and that they paid him but pretty poorly (Discussing with Nikki). And the rating rose but once he left they dropped again.

Tim was talking about when Justin came in the house, and said some stuff happened in the Presidential Suite before Justin left. So that rumour was true. He told Big Brother not to try messing with him again omg with getting a clone of him.

Yes Tim said that Justynn was punching stuff in the suite and got ejected. Didn't they show him getting evicted though with his belongings?

Back