Skip to main content

Selecting the Right Diamond Ring

Dillary David

I just absolutely love BigBrother and would definitely love to see Sarah as the next bachelorette as she's totally a babe and would be the apt choice. My immediate concern is something else altogether. It's our 3rd Anniversary in Feb, hence I've planned a surprise for her. I hope she doesn't read this thread. Could someone suggest a nice diamond ring for the occasion. Not too costly nor to cheap would be ideal. My search ended up at Bianca: http://www.pheradiamonds.com/shop/bianca/ which looks good. Opinions are eagerly anticipated.

I just absolutely love BigBrother and would definitely love to see Sarah as the next bachelorette as she's totally a babe and would be the apt choice. My immediate concern is something else altogether. It's our 3rd Anniversary in Feb, hence I've planned a surprise for her. I hope she doesn't read this thread. Could someone suggest a nice diamond ring for the occasion. Not too costly nor to cheap would be ideal. My search ended up at Bianca: http://www.pheradiamonds.com/shop/bianca/ which looks good. Opinions are eagerly anticipated.

Welcome :)
A diamond ring is such a personal thing, you really might have to be sneaky and look at her other taste in jewellery or perhaps slip some questions into a conversation.
For instance, does she like large rings or small?
Does she work a lot with her hands? - this would affect whether she wanted a stone which stuck out a bit or one which was inset flat with the ring. The one that you've been looking at for instance looks lovely but if she did a lot with her hands it might get caught.
What kind of cut does she like? Does she like a solitaire or surrounded by smaller ones?
It's not easy for a stranger to say what you should get - other than the fact that I'm sure she'd love anything you got her.

For a minute there I thought the OP was saying that he was in a relationship with sweet Sarah :angelic:!

My only opinion is that i don't really understand the point of diamond rings. Seems a bit tacky to me.

For a minute there I thought the OP was saying that he was in a relationship with sweet Sarah :angelic:!

My only opinion is that i don't really understand the point of diamond rings. Seems a bit tacky to me.

I was confused for a second too lol.
There's nothing tacky about a nice, tasteful diamond ring. I hate the big garish ones that take up half a finger.

I was confused for a second too lol.
There's nothing tacky about a nice, tasteful diamond ring. I hate the big garish ones that take up half a finger.

Oh, ok. I just said it looked tacky because i don't really understand the whole diamond ring thing.

Oh, ok. I just said it looked tacky because i don't really understand the whole diamond ring thing.
You remind me of an ex who always said things were shit if he didn't understand them and would ask me countless questions if he wasn't in control of a situation or out of his depth. Thank the powers that be that we never went really serious about each other.

cheezels.png

You remind me of an ex who always said things were shit if he didn't understand them and would ask me countless questions if he wasn't in control of a situation or out of his depth. Thank the powers that be that we never went really serious about each other.

It isn't that big of an issue. More mild curiousity, and a shallow opinion by me. Also i don't care if i am in control or not.

I guess for me it's a symbol of commitment, I don't wear much jewellery though so I don't see the point on spending a fortune on it. As a gift I think it just says 'you're the one'. Others may see it differently though.

I guess for me it's a symbol of commitment, I don't wear much jewellery though so I don't see the point on spending a fortune on it. As a gift I think it just says 'you're the one'. Others may see it differently though.

That makes sense.

I totally thought this was spam, sorry Mr Dillary.

My ad at the top of this page is for a site with cubic zirconia engagement rings - but I do not recommend that without your partner reassuring you that she's cool with it.

The ring you have chosen is nice and classic, but Insomniac made some good points which only you can answer. However with no context, that is a nice ring.

Not sure how you feel about this as some men are very traditional with regards to choosing the ring themselves, but you could propose with a nice piece of costume jewelry and you can later choose a ring together, or you could propose with just the diamond and she can choose the design.

There are diamond "outlets" so to speak but the names escape me right now, but do your research!

The thing with the diamond engagement ring is that it was initially just a marketing campaign. It is not something that has a significant cultural background or a true tradition as far as I'm aware, but I guess good luck convincing most women of that!

All the best with your decision and with the proposal - let us know how it goes!

I totally thought this was spam, sorry Mr Dillary.

My ad at the top of this page is for a site with cubic zirconia engagement rings - but I do not recommend that without your partner reassuring you that she's cool with it.

The ring you have chosen is nice and classic, but Insomniac made some good points which only you can answer. However with no context, that is a nice ring.

Not sure how you feel about this as some men are very traditional with regards to choosing the ring themselves, but you could propose with a nice piece of costume jewelry and you can later choose a ring together, or you could propose with just the diamond and she can choose the design.

There are diamond "outlets" so to speak but the names escape me right now, but do your research!

The thing with the diamond engagement ring is that it was initially just a marketing campaign. It is not something that has a significant cultural background or a true tradition as far as I'm aware, but I guess good luck convincing most women of that!

All the best with your decision and with the proposal - let us know how it goes!
LOL at proposal best wishes....skimmer! I think it's a sure thing ;)

LOL at proposal best wishes....skimmer! I think it's a sure thing ;)

Huh? I'm just wishing this mysterious poster good luck - proposing to a person is kind of terrifying and nerves can get the better of you and what not. I wasn't wishing luck for the outcome as much as I was the process - but of course I hope that both are positive.

Would it really affect your life either way if I had skimmed this post though? Why derail a perfectly innocent thread with this (incorrect) accusation?

Huh? I'm just wishing this mysterious poster good luck - proposing to a person is kind of terrifying and nerves can get the better of you and what not. I wasn't wishing luck for the outcome as much as I was the process - but of course I hope that both are positive.

Would it really affect your life either way if I had skimmed this post though? Why derail a perfectly innocent thread with this (incorrect) accusation?

Because he is jealous that you are the glue of this forum!

Doesn't it say 3rd anniversary in the part it says 3rd anniversary? Are you 100% sure I'm incorrect?
It's our 3rd Anniversary in Feb, hence I've planned a surprise for her.

Doesn't it say 3rd anniversary in the part it says 3rd anniversary? Are you 100% sure I'm incorrect?

Yes, but what's the significance of that? I detected that on my first reading as well as subsequents. So yes I am 100% sure that you are incorrect in saying I skimmed the post.

Did I somehow give the impression I was not aware that their three year anniversary was approaching? Was it when I said (to paraphrase) "good luck with the proposal" maybe? I'm genuinely confused right now.

I'm also confused over why any of this matters to you.

Back