Skip to main content

What would reepbot say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your favourite part about the movie?

I don't know, it's hard to pick just one scene as there are so many good ones, it's quite a flawless movie. Let me think.

Re: that movie though. Jenny is so selfish! Do I need to spoiler tag a 20 year old movie? Anyway, she clearly used Foreest and took advantage of him knowing that she could do and say anything and he'd always be there. But I think everyone benefitted, even if he knew she was using him I guess he still got what he wanted and he would be ok with it.

I don't know, it's hard to pick just one scene as there are so many good ones, it's quite a flawless movie. Let me think.

Re: that movie though. Jenny is so selfish! Do I need to spoiler tag a 20 year old movie? Anyway, she clearly used Foreest and took advantage of him knowing that she could do and say anything and he'd always be there. But I think everyone benefitted, even if he knew she was using him I guess he still got what he wanted and he would be ok with it.

I liked Jenny. I didn't think she was selfish, or that she used Forrest.

I liked Jenny. I didn't think she was selfish, or that she used Forrest.

I didn't initially after watching it throughout school and my early twenties but recent viewings have changed my mind, not sure if it's to do with getting older. She had a lot of issues obvi, but why didn't she tell Forrest about his son sooner? Why did she wait until she was dying? I have to assume it was because she knew he was so rich and who better to provide for her son after she dies. To me, although she did care for him, she took advantage of the sweet simpleton who always loved her because she could and because he turned out to be far wealthier than anyone else ever could have predicted.

I didn't initially after watching it throughout school and my early twenties but recent viewings have changed my mind, not sure if it's to do with getting older. She had a lot of issues obvi, but why didn't she tell Forrest about his son sooner? Why did she wait until she was dying? I have to assume it was because she knew he was so rich and who better to provide for her son after she dies. To me, although she did care for him, she took advantage of the sweet simpleton who always loved her because she could and because he turned out to be far wealthier than anyone else ever could have predicted.

not sure. but good pointds there. still i can't help but feel for Jenny.

not sure. but good pointds there. still i can't help but feel for Jenny.

Yes, she had a lot of issues and I guess her relationship with her father almost guaranteed ongoing problems, especially with interpersonal relationships. So that gives some context. She did seem to find peace before she died though, one way or another, so everyone wins.

Yes, she had a lot of issues and I guess her relationship with her father almost guaranteed ongoing problems, especially with interpersonal relationships. So that gives some context. She did seem to find peace before she died though, one way or another, so everyone wins.

Ok.

and because he turned out to be far wealthier than anyone else ever could have predicted.
Due to luck and the generosity of his simple soul
having-a-bad-day_o_595427.gif

Its as simple as you want to make it. We are all simple souls:)
We are just all different simple souls.

Oh god. Those words sounded like Lennon lyrics post beatles. Im pleading the anti-gretal defence.:sorry:

i guess you are right. i was thinking in terms of intelligence.

i guess you are right. i was thinking in terms of intelligence.
Intelligence is a ridiculously over-used word. Its a label.
The balance is IQ + EQ.
One without the other can never be truly "intelligent"
You need high midi-chlorians in both.
LIke George Lucas says.

Parallels with this famous post!
Another fulfilling night on the hobby farm alone and sitting in a sea of antibacterial wipes working that BBB search function I see.

Exactly how many of my posts did you have to fossick through to get to March 2015? Judging by the avalanche of responses to your committed search work, it was a major flame fail on your part.

Thankfully today is a new day, a new beginning of sorts, where you get to wake up gnashing, and grind that axe and do it all again. I do hope the BBB search function serves you better today.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back