Skip to main content

Post Something Interesting

She is. I have three cats and she's the only one I can never get mad at. There's something about her that's completely adorable, and she knows it!

I'll post some in the Caturday thread when I have the time. :cat:

Here's something interesting...

dsuich4d5fijrakpaxgl.gif

Welcome to your nightmare.

...totally fascinating oddjob... I didn't know that those fish even existed... thanks for posting it... I'm totally fascinated by Angler Fish... they are amazing... check out this video my friend... cheers.

And wow look at this little jigger that is about to revolutionise washing clothes

24BF7B6E00000578-2913236-Clean_revolution_The_Dolfi_pictured_is_no_bigger_than_a_bar_of_s-m-24_1421411317251.jpg

To use it, a person drops the Dolfi into a sink full of water, dirty clothes and laundry detergent.

Powerful ultrasonic soundwaves are emitted by a transducer which travel through the water, forming tiny, high pressure bubbles which implode to create strong jets of water that remove dirt.\
The device can be used on any fabric - including cotton, silk, lace and even cashmere - and uses 80 times less energy than a standard washing machine.

No SCRUBBING.

24BF7ECD00000578-2913236-image-a-21_1421410836887.jpg

Better for your clothes, the environment and power bills - looks like a little winner.
$89 & available sometime this year.

DRUGS & ALCOHOL

World drug survey

http://www.globaldrugsurvey.com/
Take the survey, anon.

1440253424844.jpg

2308_Drinking-_graph_729.jpg

So, young are drinking less, middle aged are becoming alcoholics.
From a fascinating article -
http://www.smh.com.au/national/youn...rows--often-on-the-quiet-20150821-gj4y9d.html

Looks like our horrible boozing culture actually can change.

And I am facing a lot of my friends turning into acquaintances simply because I don't drink, and they are sliding into alcoholism.
It seems to be an epidemic - at least 7 over the past 10 years are fully drinking in the morning and all day long.

Anyone else noticing this?

And it can be quite horrible, with different people now in combat with each other, or in drunk exile. And you try and organise anything social, nightmare.

So, young are drinking less, middle aged are becoming alcoholics.
Or, the alcoholics are becoming middle aged.

Looks like our horrible boozing culture actually can change.
There's been a long, long decline in consumption since the 1970s. Hopefully binge drinking is a dying fad too. One of the ugliest things about our scoiety.

Anyone else noticing this?
Seems the opposite with (middle-aged) me, I wouldn't know who to call nowadays who would be up for more than one or two. A lot of my female friends don't drink at all. Probably because they've all got active kids on their hands.

Back