Skip to main content

Where will Australian Survivor be filmed?

Inigo Montoya

The New Dread Pirate Roberts.
Anyone care to guess?

I'm thinking perhaps Soma, the US version filmed 4 seasons there. I recall reading that it was a good spot production wise.... Having said that there are many other locations that the US version has used more than once.

I would love it if the show were set in Africa or China ( 2 of my fav locations from US survivor), but II believe TEN have said it will be set on an island.

So for now all we can do is speculate on the location. I'm sure once filming begins there will be spoilers posted somewhere on the internet.

I'm thinking perhaps Soma

I'm sure once filming begins there will be spoilers posted somewhere on the internet.

Err... Samoa. And I remember when they did the second two back to back seasons there, a bunch of very disgruntled people who had booked holidays at ... I think it was Aggie Grays Resort... very abruptly had their bookings cancelled, as the production team had booked out the entire hotel for three months. So yes, that was all over the internet at the time.

I hope it is somewhere tropical. Maybe a Fijian island?
A tropical island will most likely be where it will be filmed, I would like it to be an island that has an interesting culture tied to it.... Some of my favourite US seasons feature heavily the culture of the local area.

Reactions: Tee
Yeah I read that it's definitely going to be a tropical island of some description. They wouldn't say more than either Indonesia or a Pacific Island IIRC. So that's a lot of choices.

Maybe they could do Manus or Nauru and give it that realistic edge.

#TeamPortLincoln
giphy.gif

#AnythingButPortLincoln

Rottnest Island ..... They can live with Quokas there .......... Maybe Christmas Island .....they can live on and with crabs there.......

Somewhere barren, somewhere where nobody lives, and if they do, they do not want to live there,

Preferably an Island...

I KNOW! Tasmania!

Somewhere barren, somewhere where nobody lives, and if they do, they do not want to live there,

Preferably an Island...

I KNOW! Tasmania!

GASP! Nooooooo. Tasmania is one of the least barren, stocked with superior produce, not to mention beautiful places in Australia :p.
I was thinking recently how I'd like to move there if it wasn't for how cold it is in winter!

GASP! Nooooooo. Tasmania is one of the least barren, stocked with superior produce, not to mention beautiful places in Australia :p.
I was thinking recently how I'd like to move there if it wasn't for how cold it is in winter!
Totally agree!!

You spelt Samoa incorrectly.

But it appears you were right.

Anyone care to guess?

I'm thinking perhaps Soma, the US version filmed 4 seasons there. I recall reading that it was a good spot production wise.... Having said that there are many other locations that the US version has used more than once.

I would love it if the show were set in Africa or China ( 2 of my fav locations from US survivor), but II believe TEN have said it will be set on an island.

So for now all we can do is speculate on the location. I'm sure once filming begins there will be spoilers posted somewhere on the internet.

Australian Survivor will film in Samoa according to media reports.

Samoa was the site of the US Survivorseasons Samoa (2009), Heroes & Villains (2009), South Pacific (2011) and One World (2012), with the show has filming consecutive seasons at single locations. An earthquake and tsunami also struck the island in 2009 after filming had concluded, but destroying the resort where crew had been based.

Previous rumour suggested it would be based on the Malaysian island of Pulau Tiga, where the first US season was filmed in 2000.

“It’s really important that the location is both exotic and confronting for an Australian audience,” TEN’s Head of Factual and Entertainment Stephen Tate recently told TV Tonight.

“We took I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Herein Africa when we could have made it in the English site here in Australia. We just felt Australian celebrities wouldn’t be afraid of the bush. It’s the same with Survivor, we really need to take people out of their comfort zone.”

TEN has been inundated with applications with over 15,000 submissions, but is yet to announce a host

Last edited:
Back