Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Moanin OT thread. And a special shout out to Shadow.

Life is so odd. Shadow's world has momentarily stopped and been turned upside down while our lives simply go on as normal.

I can remember driving home from the hospital after my own father died, and I felt such a deep sense of mourning and heartbreak I quite literally couldn't believe the world would go on without my dad in it.

Happy Boxing Day public holiday everybody! And if you are looking for something to make you feel better, I am earning $75 an hour today!! And once today finishes, I have 3 beautiful days off.

Sending heartfelt condolences to you Shadow. We're never truly prepared and when they're finally at peace it often hits us very hard.
My thoughts are with you ... find comfort in the memories you built and shared together.

Oh sweetheart. Best to you. Celebrate that he even existed. Because otherwise - amongst other things - there would be no shadow. No this no that and no shadow.

Condolences and hugs to you Shadow. I know that you'll remember your Dad with love, laughter and smiles.

How is your dad, Fiona?
He's doing really well thankyou Tracey. Received the all clear a few weeks ago. Has to have ultrasounds to check on progress periodically. He's driving again but it can tire him out a bit, but he was champing at the bit to get back behind the wheel, so he did. He's cooking again so he must be feeling a lot better. Moving around well and enjoying the cricket.

He's doing really well thankyou Tracey. Received the all clear a few weeks ago. Has to have ultrasounds to check on progress periodically. He's driving again but it can tire him out a bit, but he was champing at the bit to get back behind the wheel, so he did. He's cooking again so he must be feeling a lot better. Moving around well and enjoying the cricket.
I am really pleased to know he is doing so well!

So great to hear!

Good Moanin OT thread. And a special shout out to Shadow.

Life is so odd. Shadow's world has momentarily stopped and been turned upside down while our lives simply go on as normal.

I can remember driving home from the hospital after my own father died, and I felt such a deep sense of mourning and heartbreak I quite literally couldn't believe the world would go on without my dad in it.

Happy Boxing Day public holiday everybody! And if you are looking for something to make you feel better, I am earning $75 an hour today!! And once today finishes, I have 3 beautiful days off.

I get that. I remember having to go to the newsagents the day after my boy died and these two women were stood talking about something, I can't remember what & it was almost like I was looking around & watching a movie. I just wanted to scream out "DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT'S JUST HAPPENED!!!" People just going about their daily business while my world had fallen apart. Such a bizarre time.

...when I had my stroke back in February I was the same as your dad... I wasn't allowed to drive for 3 months and it was doing my head in... when I went to my rehabiltation Doctor after 2 months of not being able to drive I asked her to reinstate my license because we had to depend on everyone to drive us around... she told me to see an Optician to have a 'field vision test' (I think it was called) where I had to put my head into a globe type gizmo and had to push a clicker each time a saw a pin light come on within the globe while staring straight ahead at another light... I got 99 out of 100 and passed thank god... so I know exactly how he felt... once I was given permission to drive again a month earlier than I was supposed to I swear that it helped me to recover a lot quicker from my stroke because I felt more self sufficient again... as with your dad it tired me out pretty quick for a little while but I swear that I bounced back quicker than I would have if I wasn't driving again... good on your dad for driving again and cooking again too... (I love cooking and cook 90% of the meals in our house)... me cooking again was a good sign to my sweet wife that I was recovering well too... it's great to hear that your dad is doing so well Khun Khun... cheers.

I get that. I remember having to go to the newsagents the day after my boy died and these two women were stood talking about something, I can't remember what & it was almost like I was looking around & watching a movie. I just wanted to scream out "DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT'S JUST HAPPENED!!!" People just going about their daily business while my world had fallen apart. Such a bizarre time.

I blame the sun. It just keeps coming up and going down again, and everytime it does, a new day comes with it. It is squarely the sun's fault time refuses to stand still.

The grief that comes with loss is at times unbearable. I am so desperately sorry you lost your child. To be honest, I can't even get my head around it.

I remember visiting a client back when I cleaned houses for the aged. She was easily in her 80's. Her 4 year old daughter was killed after being hit by a car on a family picnic. I asked her if it gets easier to bear over time. She said "once you lose your child your heart breaks and it never heals, and nor would I want it to, because I get to feel her every day..."

Do you dream of your son? I still see and hear my Dad in my dreams. Though sadly I don't dream of him much anymore. In my dreams we never have much time, and we always have to rush what we are doing. I love seeing him. Maybe tonight I will.

Happy New Year Shaydee. I am thinking of you. :)

...when I had my stroke back in February I was the same as your dad... I wasn't allowed to drive for 3 months and it was doing my head in... when I went to my rehabiltation Doctor after 2 months of not being able to drive I asked her to reinstate my license because we had to depend on everyone to drive us around... she told me to see an Optician to have a 'field vision test' (I think it was called) where I had to put my head into a globe type gizmo and had to push a clicker each time a saw a pin light come on within the globe while staring straight ahead at another light... I got 99 out of 100 and passed thank god... so I know exactly how he felt... once I was given permission to drive again a month earlier than I was supposed to I swear that it helped me to recover a lot quicker from my stroke because I felt more self sufficient again... as with your dad it tired me out pretty quick for a little while but I swear that I bounced back quicker than I would have if I wasn't driving again... good on your dad for driving again and cooking again too... (I love cooking and cook 90% of the meals in our house)... me cooking again was a good sign to my sweet wife that I was recovering well too... it's great to hear that your dad is doing so well Khun Khun... cheers.
Fuck me sideways!!

I can't believe that was almost a year ago!!!

Must feel like another lifetime ago, Pete!

A stroke is such an exhausting thing to rehabilitate from. I nursed a stroke patient not long ago who reminded me of you (and not just because he was always trying to peek down my nursing blouse either...). He had R) side paralysis and a droopy face. Honestly, the mental strength and dedication he showed in his fight back saw him leave our ward with limp and a walking stick. The doctors called him "the miracle man", but it was no miracle, it was hard work on his part. The dedication and hours of hard repetitive work he spent in the fight to regain movement was inspiring, just like yours was.

Well done Unkie Sticky. Xo

True Story. When my Dad passed on, his spirit came to me at work. I knew he died before I was told. He Visited and I found myself showing him around my place of work ...... Then I got the call, he was gone :(

I then went home from work ...... AND then he came to my home ... he wanted to see my life ........ now, you might all think I am crazy, but he was there! Even though he died in Sydney and I was in Perth! It was an incredible experience! I gave him a tour of my place and it was awesome..... I still have tears thinking about this after almost 20 years ........

True Story. When my Dad passed on, his spirit came to me at work. I knew he died before I was told. He Visited and I found myself showing him around my place of work ...... Then I got the call, he was gone :(

I then went home from work ...... AND then he came to my home ... he wanted to see my life ........ now, you might all think I am crazy, but he was there! Even though he died in Sydney and I was in Perth! It was an incredible experience! I gave him a tour of my place and it was awesome..... I still have tears thinking about this after almost 20 years ........
Okay Hooley I think the big question on most people's lips...

Were you doing acid at the time?

Just saying that a loved one, seems to be there even if we cannot understand Death ......... I just read Shadees Post after you posted Trala ..... and that is sad :( Love sent xxxx

Reactions: Tee
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back