Skip to main content

The Bachelorette

I'm more annoyed about Kayne. He did far fucking better on that date than Alex and Dave. I don't get why Dave gets the pity party, whilst Kayne is the one rejected. She better choose Richie

I have to agree, I thought Kayne was adorable. I think that because he was concentrating on the kids instead of her she seemed to think that was a bad thing? I have to say too that I'm ready for Alex to go home. Sam has said that he's funny and that we haven't really seen that but he's been a bit of a snooze to be honest and I don't see their chemistry.

I have to agree, I thought Kayne was adorable. I think that because he was concentrating on the kids instead of her she seemed to think that was a bad thing? I have to say too that I'm ready for Alex to go home. Sam has said that he's funny and that we haven't really seen that but he's been a bit of a snooze to be honest and I don't see their chemistry.

Yep, didn't make sense. Kayne put more on the line than the others as well, whilst I do get why Michael got the date, but Kayne went far more above and beyond than Alex, Dave and Sasha. I think he deserved a bit more kindness like Drew received

Yep, she better pick Richie. But she won't. Still, Richie ftw!

From the beginning I liked him and thought he was a good guy (I assumed the same about another though, until a certain poster burst my bubble!), and was a favourite, but she has not given him a date so I'm sad to say, but I think she let's him go soon. I think she is keen on sasha and Michael the most. I said it before and will say it again, I think Richie is the whole package- Shame she can't see it.

I'm just going to say this, if Michael wins, then David the model was right. There I said it.

Kayne is a nice guy, but as soon as he came across as too nice of a guy, I just knew there was no chance with him. I don't think she wants a too nice of a guy, I don't know why I think that, but just how I feel

Yep, she better pick Richie. But she won't. Still, Richie ftw!

From the beginning I liked him and thought he was a good guy (I assumed the same about another though, until a certain poster burst my bubble!), and was a favourite, but she has not given him a date so I'm sad to say, but I think she let's him go soon.
You saw in the promos that he gets a date tomorrow, though, right?

It is the "in 50 years" date so even if you didn't skip through, you may not have recognised him underneath all that old man makeup, haha.

It is the "in 50 years" date so even if you didn't skip through, you may not have recognised him underneath all that old man makeup, haha.
Oh yeah, I saw her. I just kept forwarding though lol. Well what a crap date he gets! What is that going to prove

Oh yeah, I saw her. I just kept forwarding though lol. Well what a crap date he gets! What is that going to prove
That he can relax and have a lot of fun with it? Plus the oldies will smell a rat a mile off and tell Sam.
Since its a single date they normally involve a bit of time on a couch conveniently set up somewhere so they can "talk"

Have any of the guys who've gone on single dates missed out on a rose so far?

Bit harsh IMO. I really struggle cooking sometimes (Mr Gemini really loves it so I'm lucky) - and I don't think that's necessarily an essential skill in being able to be married/have kids these days.

From what I've seen/read it seems Sam pretty much raised her younger siblings.

At the end of the day she has to pick who she's attracted to - not who we're attracted to - and she's not leading on and messing around guys that she thinks are sweet but she's not into. We may not agree with her taste all the time but I don't think she's doing anything wrong either. It's in direct contrast to Sam Wood from the Bachelor for mine who didn't do the right thing by some of the girls he wasn't going to pick.

I'm not attracted to any of these men. Not one single one. She isn't leading anyone on, but she isn't giving anyone a reasonable chance, either. You can see in her eyes she simply writes them off before getting to know them.

I really don't care how individual couples or singles make their own personal cooking arrangements - sorry if you felt I was somehow personally criticising you - but if I was on the Bachelor, I would find a way, regardless of my interest in cooking or level of skill, to fling together one simple meal, even a salad. Every other Bachelor or Bachelorette in the history of the show has managed something.

Is anyone else losing interest in this? The Bachelor was great right til the end despite Sam getting douchey. This series has gone a bit wonky due to Sam consistently eliminating all the nice, quirky or decent guys. If she ends up with Davey and Sash, well she deserves what she gets.

Yeah, I was having to concentrate.
Its not all Sam's fault...the production in these later episodes is a bit poor.
Dates are weird and not at all likely to build rapports, more entertainment.

I must admit I don't see why everyone hates Davey so much lol I mean he's a bit of a douche but he's harmless.
And a LOT of guys his age would act this way.
I can see him and Sam being friends.

Good old script like Michael, you'd think Sam would be an EXPERT in detecting this sort of technique because its as if he was Blake's understudy.
Oh well, its between Sash and Michael... She hasn't noticed how special Richie is.

Please make Richie the next Bachelor!!!

Is anyone else losing interest in this? The Bachelor was great right til the end despite Sam getting douchey. This series has gone a bit wonky due to Sam consistently eliminating all the nice, quirky or decent guys. If she ends up with Davey and Sash, well she deserves what she gets.

I don't think she was given enough choice with 14 to begin with. Usually there's 26 and they're knocked down to 12 pretty fast. I know this was a short season, but not sure if it was short due to limited bachelor applications for this show or if it was always intended to be a short season.

There's no hint of romance in the air. I can watch any old bilge if there's a possibility someone is going to find 'love', even if they do split up three months later.

Watching decent guys being written off before they open their mouths. Having people like Davey feed her obvious lines that contradict his previous lines. Michael playing his role like he's got a walk-on part in a bad soap and is hoping to be discovered, then kissing her like it was hard work!

There's not been one single interesting conversation or even brief moment, on any one of these dates. The talking heads are repetitive and hardly enlightening, as most of the more intelligent and observant men have had the early boot, so we're left with Sasha's commentary, ye gods.

Richie's my last hope for anything real occuring on screen - and they've given him the comedy date. FFS!

I'm not attracted to any of these men. Not one single one. She isn't leading anyone on, but she isn't giving anyone a reasonable chance, either. You can see in her eyes she simply writes them off before getting to know them.

I really don't care how individual couples or singles make their own personal cooking arrangements - sorry if you felt I was somehow personally criticising you - but if I was on the Bachelor, I would find a way, regardless of my interest in cooking or level of skill, to fling together one simple meal, even a salad. Every other Bachelor or Bachelorette in the history of the show has managed something.
I guess you either feel the attraction or you don't - so if there is no attraction happening she needs a reason to eliminate someone ... why keep 'trying' if it just isn't there in the first place. I'm not meaning just instant fireworks - but some hint of mutual interests or something to build on ...

re the meal - yes agreed - toss a salad, hand him the meat and point him to the bbq ... but ham and cheese toasties?

not a lot of effort being put in there... we know she's not a Stepford Wife like Louise was last year with the baking etc ... but that was a pathetic effort last night!

I'm no great cook but how hard is it to at least try - MsFrost - let me introduce to the Women's Weekly Dinner Party Cookbook - even crimmy at 19 and NO experience in a kitchen was able to rustle up 'a little something interesting' from that!!! ;)

aww-dinner-party-cookbook1.jpg

I wouldn't be totally sad if there was no bachelorette next year and they just stuck with bachelor. I mean, it's entertaining enough and something to watch, but so far I'm not hooked yet at all. Not sure if it's the casting or the concept or the production or something, but I'm kinda feeling a bit "meh". That said, I'll continue to watch and would no doubt watch another season too so the producers shouldn't actually take my opinion on board.

Have any of the guys who've gone on single dates missed out on a rose so far?

No. But there's only been three single dates. (How is that possible??) And four if you count the two-on-one last night with Davey getting a rose.

It's weird. This series feels like it's been going on for months, and yet there's only been three single dates. Only four episodes? Or five? It's just weird.

Yeah, I was having to concentrate.
Its not all Sam's fault...the production in these later episodes is a bit poor.
Dates are weird and not at all likely to build rapports, more entertainment.

I must admit I don't see why everyone hates Davey so much lol I mean he's a bit of a douche but he's harmless.
And a LOT of guys his age would act this way.
I can see him and Sam being friends.

Good old script like Michael, you'd think Sam would be an EXPERT in detecting this sort of technique because its as if he was Blake's understudy.
Oh well, its between Sash and Michael... She hasn't noticed how special Richie is.

Please make Richie the next Bachelor!!!
I concur! Richie should be the top contender but Sam is too blind to see. She always goes after her "type". :thumbsdown:

I am also hoping Richie is the next Bachelor!!!!

RICHIE :inlove:

Back