Skip to main content

...bit part players that steal the scene/movie/TV show...

Ooo Judy Dench did that too, Oscar for 5 minutes in Shakespeare in Love, and mega millions also

Ooo Judy Dench did that too, Oscar for 5 minutes in Shakespeare in Love, and mega millions also

...speaking of Judy Dench doing a great short performance... she was so good in this scene from the 'Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides' with the "Is That It?" line lol!... cheers.

They do bring in scene stealers if a show is struggling - those scene stealers in general steal the entire series

Here are 2, and they also prove it isn't about good acting:)

DYNASTY - DIVA JOAN COLLINS

alexis.png

SO BAD SHE WAS GOOD:)
Dynasty.jpg

And I just had a lightbulb moment - those creepy Kardashians are dynasty, Joan is Mrs Jenner bitch from hell, Crystal is Bruce/Cait, and Kanye is the only dude so by default, with the 3 older bitches in back!
I think for sure they steal from old soaps.

Anyway, then old Aaron took Heather as his good luck bitch charm, and she rescued and stole Melrose Place.

...she did have a great impact didn't she?... playing a super bitch made her even richer than she already was lol!...

And she won an oscar. Now that is a scene stealer lol.

...I looked up Beatrice's history on the IMBd website... man she's been in a lot of movies and TV shows!... I thought I recognised her from when she was a lot younger... she used to be on TV shows that I watched when I was a lot younger in the 60's... she was in such iconic shows like Mission Impossible/Route 66/Ben Casey/Dr Kildare and Naked City to mention a few... (now I'm really showing my age lol!)... cheers.

...I just love this guy playing a French waiter taking the Griswold's order in National Lampoon's 'European Vacation'... he really encapsulates everyone's stereotypical idea of French people being such rude and arrogant bastards... he plays it so well... cheers.

...from the movie 'Planes Trains and Automobiles' ...Edie McClurg is brilliant in this scene... even though it's Steve Martin doing almost the entire dialogue it's Edie that seals this scene with the last line in the clip... it was a short appearance but I laugh at it every time...cheers.

...from the movie 'Planes Trains and Automobiles' ...Edie McClurg is brilliant in this scene... even though it's Steve Martin doing almost the entire dialogue it's Edie that seals this scene with the last line in the clip... it was a short appearance but I laugh at it every time...cheers.

Edie McClurg is lovely! As a kid I used to watch her as the quirky neighbour Mrs Poole in The Hogan Family, and she had hilarious bit parts in 80s comedy classics Ferris Bueller's Day Off and She's Having A Baby.

I loved that you kicked this off with red dwarf and that scene!

This scene from Doctor Who deserves a mention :) Tom Baker steals the episode!

...hey Isee how are you!... I'm glad that you liked that scene in Red Dwarf... that guy is so good in that role... I'm glad that someone else appreciates it too...

...I got a shock when Tom Baker appeared right at the end of the show!... what a great moment... after Matt says..."I never forget a face!"... did you notice what he said to The Doctor at the 2:07 mark?... he says... "I know you don't... and in the years to come you might find yourself revisiting a few of just the old favourites eh?"... could Steve Moffatt have been hinting that The Doctor will see even more of the old Doctors from the early series?... I picked that up after watching that show for about the 10th time from memory lol!... cheers.

...hey Isee how are you!... I'm glad that you liked that scene in Red Dwarf... that guy is so good in that role... I'm glad that someone else appreciates it too...

...I got a shock when Tom Baker appeared right at the end of the show!... what a great moment... after Matt says..."I never forget a face!"... did you notice what he said to The Doctor at the 2:07 mark?... he says... "I know you don't... and in the years to come you might find yourself revisiting a few of just the old favourites eh?"... could Steve Moffatt have been hinting that The Doctor will see even more of the old Doctors from the early series?... I picked that up after watching that show for about the 10th time from memory lol!... cheers.
Yeah I saw that and thought that too... although Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee were the best of the old (pre 2005) doctors anyway :)

Yeah I saw that and thought that too... although Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee were the best of the old (pre 2005) doctors anyway :)

Yes! Jon Pertwee is my favourite Doctor! I loved how rude and arrogant he could be, but also kind and caring in his own strange alien way. I also liked the stories with him and UNIT. That was so much fun to watch. Could talk about classic Doctor Who all day lol.

Dirk Gently, Season 1 Episode 3. Lydia Wilson playing M.A.X. / Jane. LOVE LOVE LOVE her!

Lydia Wilson will always be THAT person for me, the person who steals the scene so well you don't begrudge them a minute of it. And, this is all the time working with Stephen Mangan who is a great actor in his own right.

Dirk Gently, Season 1 Episode 3. Lydia Wilson playing M.A.X. / Jane. LOVE LOVE LOVE her!

Lydia Wilson will always be THAT person for me, the person who steals the scene so well you don't begrudge them a minute of it. And, this is all the time working with Stephen Mangan who is a great actor in his own right.

...I see what you mean twist... no wonder you like her... and... Stephen Mangan is so brilliant in 'Episodes' with Matt LeBlanc and Tamsin Greig... I so love that show... cheers.

...another unsung hero that always stole the show whenever he was on it was Edward Winter as 'Colonel Flagg' in MASH... I loved every appearance that he made... cheers.

...another bit player actor that always stole the show for me was Bernard Fox that played 'Colonel Crittendon' in Hogan's Heroes... he was always the bumbling idiot that was still alive by pure chance all the time lol!... cheers.

...I always loved John Larroquette as 'Dan Fielding' in 'Night Court' reepbot... he was always so sleazy and played a great role in that show lol!... I noticed the link between those two videos with John being on the same show with Harry Anderson in 'Night Court'... Harry Anderson doing that con trick on Cliff is so bloody brilliant isn't it?... lol!... at the end of running that clip did you click on the link that says 'Harry Anderson's "Hello Sucker!" by any chance?... what a brilliant show!... I just watched it for the first time ever... it lasts for just under an hour... it is brilliant!... here's the show below... cheers.

Back