OK, I've got a new one.

Seafood Bisque

An onion, minced
Some celery stalks, minced
Seafood, minced
Butter
Stock
Cream
Salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, (coriander, parsley)

Mince onion and celery together, and saute them in butter
When soft (not brown), add in seafood.

Now, I have used prawns, crab and mussels. It works really well with just prawns, but I have access to far less seafood than I would like. I have my suspicions lobster would be a real legsopener, and that bugs, scallops etc would all be great. Experiment and make do.

After heating veggies and seafood, add in stock (seafood , but chicken works) and cream.

Season with salt and pepper, spoonful of paprika, pinch of nutmeg. (I've also added coriander seeds, chilli, fish sauce, oyster sauce, chopped parsley and fresh coriander leaves. Once I added lime juice, but it didn't work. So, experiment and play by sense of smell.)

Eat with fresh buttered white bread or crutons.

Yumbo.

@Sweetgeeek

Looks like you owe us a hummus recipe @hooleydooley ;)

Took me a while LOL

Ingredients

• 2-3 garlic cloves
  • 1 coffee scoop sea salt
  • 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 1 tbs tahini
  • ½ lemon, juiced
  • 2 tbs water
Instructions

1. Peel the garlic cloves and using the side of a flat knife, crush the cloves on a chopping board. Sprinkle over the salt and keep flattening with the knife until a rough paste is formed.
  2. In a blender or food processor, add the drained and rinsed tinned chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, garlic and lemon juice. Blitz until well combined, and then add water a tablespoon at a time until you achieved a smooth, creamy consistency. Taste the hummus and adjust the salt or lemon if it’s required.
  3. Serve in a wide shallow bowl. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a few whole chickpeas for an authentic presentation.
Best enjoyed with some carrots sticks, of Lebanese bread toasted with a little olive oil and sumac. Yum!

Took me a while LOL

Ingredients

• 2-3 garlic cloves
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 1 tbs tahini
  • ½ lemon, juiced
  • 2 tbs water
Instructions

1. Peel the garlic cloves and using the side of a flat knife, crush the cloves on a chopping board. Sprinkle over the salt and keep flattening with the knife until a rough paste is formed.
  2. In a blender or food processor, add the drained and rinsed tinned chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, garlic and lemon juice. Blitz until well combined, and then add water a tablespoon at a time until you achieved a smooth, creamy consistency. Taste the hummus and adjust the salt or lemon if it’s required.
  3. Serve in a wide shallow bowl. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a few whole chickpeas for an authentic presentation.
Best enjoyed with some carrots sticks, of Lebanese bread toasted with a little olive oil and sumac. Yum!

Sounds yummy!

I do lots of cheesecakes for dessert. There is amazing Lemon Meringue one I have made a few times. What are you favourite flavours?

Cheesecake is my absolute favourite dessert, especially lemon. I've never made one from scratch though.. I really should have a go but I know I will just eat the whole thing haha.

Some great recipes in here. I am going to make @Winterbourne's spag bol sauce. It sounds amazing.

IT IS THE BEST! LOL - I did the frying of the meat in heaps of pepper, until it was like a creamation LOL tiny little meatballs hahahahaha -IT is an awesome receipe - sorry if I have not credited before (I think I liked)

Oh and I used Pork and Veal mince :) The Pork is important, I think for the flavor of fat, and the veal does not have ;)

Everytime I fry mince these days, I want to chuck in HEAPS of pepper LOL Thanks, man ;)

Took me a while LOL

Ingredients

• 2-3 garlic cloves
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 1 tbs tahini
  • ½ lemon, juiced
  • 2 tbs water
Instructions

Just wanted to add here, that if you want texture just follow above, but is you want it REAL SMMOTH - Boil the chick peak for about 15 min, after rinsing etc. Then you have to take the skins of every chick pea, that did not float to the top.

Personally, I prefer the texture ;) xx

OK, I've got a new one.

Seafood Bisque

An onion, minced
Some celery stalks, minced
Seafood, minced
Butter
Stock
Cream
Salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, (coriander, parsley)

Mince onion and celery together, and saute them in butter
When soft (not brown), add in seafood.

Now, I have used prawns, crab and mussels. It works really well with just prawns, but I have access to far less seafood than I would like. I have my suspicions lobster would be a real legsopener, and that bugs, scallops etc would all be great. Experiment and make do.

After heating veggies and seafood, add in stock (seafood , but chicken works) and cream.

Season with salt and pepper, spoonful of paprika, pinch of nutmeg. (I've also added coriander seeds, chilli, fish sauce, oyster sauce, chopped parsley and fresh coriander leaves. Once I added lime juice, but it didn't work. So, experiment and play by sense of smell.)

Eat with fresh buttered white bread or crutons.

Yumbo.

When you say minced, do you mean finely diced or through a mincer - or smasher in a mortal and pestal?

When you say minced, do you mean finely diced or through a mincer - or smasher in a mortal and pestal?
There is this machine under the counter that has a handle that turn a spiral screw thing. You put things in the top and it goes into the side of the screw shaft, which pushes it all out of the front through little holes when you turn the handle.

Is that a mincer? It's what I call it.

Cheesecake is my absolute favourite dessert, especially lemon. I've never made one from scratch though.. I really should have a go but I know I will just eat the whole thing haha.

Me too, and especially lemon. I can't make them, and the Cheesecake shop is so expensive.

Does anyone know a good simple recipe for a relatively healthy (as in mostly oil or dressing free) caesar salad? I had a delicious one from Sumo Salad, but it was $12 for a tiny box of it. I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to replicate but I have no idea what binds it together. It had chicken, bacon, rocket and boiled eggs, dunno what else. I don't eat it as a side salad but as a main meal in a wrap, so it can afford to be a little bit of a fat serve if it needs to.

Does anyone know a good simple recipe for a relatively healthy (as in mostly oil or dressing free) caesar salad? I had a delicious one from Sumo Salad, but it was $12 for a tiny box of it. I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to replicate but I have no idea what binds it together. It had chicken, bacon, rocket and boiled eggs, dunno what else. I don't eat it as a side salad but as a main meal in a wrap, so it can afford to be a little bit of a fat serve if it needs to.

I make a great caesar salad but I do use a caesar dressing .. the Coles own brand. I am living quite healthy these days (low carb, hardly any processed foods), so check all the labels and the Coles own brand has the least sugar & carbs in it. It's about 2g per serving, pretty good by anyones standards and a whack load less than sumo (I just googled the nutritional info). However, sometimes I don't use any dressing and it is still super tasty.

Anyway, I will pop a chicken breast (or two depending on how many i'm feeding) in the oven covered in foil for 35 mins. Take it out, let it rest then slice it up and pop it in a hot frying pan and mix a teaspoon or two of basil pesto with it, just to coat the chicken and this makes sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly too. The basil pesto will flavour the salad once you mix the chicken through if you choose no dressing. Fry off lots of thinly cut bacon strips until they are proper crunchy. Then I rip up romain lettuce (baby cos), add the chicken, the crispy bacon, (a serving of salad dressing if you want it), parma cheese and mix thoroughly. To take it to a whole new level, add a runny poached egg on top of the salad then you can also mix the egg through the salad too. I don't use croutons, the bacon has the crunch for me. No need for the extra carbs.

It's my fave salad. I would eat it say about twice a week. Easy and sometimes i'll not put chicken in, just loads & loads of bacon. That makes it even easier & quicker to make.

Dome cafe make the best caesar imo.. it's delicious & I order it a lot when I go out. Never had one beat Dome yet, which I am surprised about.

I make a great caesar salad but I do use a caesar dressing .. the Coles own brand. I am living quite healthy these days (low carb, hardly any processed foods), so check all the labels and the Coles own brand has the least sugar & carbs in it. It's about 2g per serving, pretty good by anyones standards and a whack load less than sumo (I just googled the nutritional info). However, sometimes I don't use any dressing and it is still super tasty.

Anyway, I will pop a chicken breast (or two depending on how many i'm feeding) in the oven covered in foil for 35 mins. Take it out, let it rest then slice it up and pop it in a hot frying pan and mix a teaspoon or two of basil pesto with it, just to coat the chicken and this makes sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly too. The basil pesto will flavour the salad once you mix the chicken through if you choose no dressing. Fry off lots of thinly cut bacon strips until they are proper crunchy. Then I rip up romain lettuce (baby cos), add the chicken, the crispy bacon, (a serving of salad dressing if you want it), parma cheese and mix thoroughly. To take it to a whole new level, add a runny poached egg on top of the salad then you can also mix the egg through the salad too. I don't use croutons, the bacon has the crunch for me. No need for the extra carbs.

It's my fave salad. I would eat it say about twice a week. Easy and sometimes i'll not put chicken in, just loads & loads of bacon. That makes it even easier & quicker to make.

Dome cafe make the best caesar imo.. it's delicious & I order it a lot when I go out. Never had one beat Dome yet, which I am surprised about.

Thanks shaydee, I'm almost salivating thinking about it! I agree, better to cut down on sugar and extra carbs than to worry too much about a bit of fat in the dressing. I'm sure yours is better than Sumo's, and more practical too,

Back