Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a whole lot of mock laughter going on between you two.

Im going to actually go and enjoy my friends and have a wonderful Saturday, maybe you should step away and goto your waterfall and reflect[DOUBLEPOST=1438390288][/DOUBLEPOST]
If I choose to believe that he really hasn't been here under a previous username then what's really laughable is that someone who only joined in Nov 2014 would hardly know what you've been like on this forum for years.

Could be one of many

Just peachy ;)

As you should be.

It is a lovely day. I'm sitting on my back deck doing some study (and procrastinating :p).

But it really is a glorious day today. I love the sun. Winter be gone.

Whatchya up to today dude?

I too am sitting on my deck enjoying a coffee and perving on the roofer next door. I should be doing my maidly duties but I just can't bring myself to go indoors for some reason.

Also what's the deal with this Adam Goodes drama. I'm so out of the loop with AFL. @Connoisseur you follow the lesser sport don't you?
I went to my first AFL game the other day. It was Sydney vs Hawthorn. I sat in the Hawthorn fans section and he was getting booed. But so was another guys who had transferred to Swans from Hawks. I read an article the other day about how there are something like more than 70 indigenous players in the league but only one gets routinely booed and it's not because of the colour of his skin.

I went to my first AFL game the other day. It was Sydney vs Hawthorn. I sat in the Hawthorn fans section and he was getting booed. But so was another guys who had transferred to Swans from Hawks. I read an article the other day about how there are something like more than 70 indigenous players in the league but only one gets routinely booed and it's not because of the colour of his skin.

From what I've read it certainly seems to me that what people really don't like about him (whether they want to admit it or not) is the fact he's an 'outspoken black fella'.

From what I've read it certainly seems to me that what people really don't like about him (whether they want to admit it or not) is the fact he's an 'outspoken black fella'.
I'm not doubting that there is some underlying racism, it's hard to quantify tho. I mean if he wasn't indigenous, his actions may still mean he gets booed.[DOUBLEPOST=1438397176][/DOUBLEPOST]

Did you see the Waleed Aly video?

You are younger than I thought consuela... You honestly come off so wise and graceful (at times ;) ), I just never would have thought of you younger than me. Given the fact you act a lot more mature, well there you go. That is a shock of the day.

I am of the firm belief that Adam Goodes deserves a lot better than the bullshit he is being given. And I have been vocal about it. So without wanting to offend another person about my views I will stay quiet. But basically, he has been systematically booed because he speaks up about being racially vilified. The end :p

Wow, what did I just read...?

Haha. Are you still thinking of moving to the Coast or have those plans been shelved?

Oops what a typo, serves me right for trying to write in a rush. But yeah up here partly to look at one house actually, it's at least a possibility. So much to work out and I hate working things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back