Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

I'm Janice Dickinson world's first supermodel...

shock.gif

Anyway...

I was thinking could Big Brother really be revived for a 2nd time or is the Australian version of the show dead for good? Ten doesn't seem to have any interest in the show anymore and personally I think a celeb BB actually happening on Nine is pretty low. Some people here would be happy with a celeb version but that doesn't interest me at all like a normal series would. It's not really the same as everyday Australians going in though you could argue there wouldn't be much difference since we have had a lot of housemates with media and ex-HM connections over the past 3 years.

Is it time to let the show go?

This is not meant to crush anyone's hopes for a renewal but realistically and from knowing how Aussie TV usually works from past history it just seems it's the end for good.

I would be very happy to be proven wrong though.

Anyway...

I was thinking could Big Brother really be revived for a 2nd time or is the Australian version of the show dead for good? Ten doesn't seem to have any interest in the show anymore and personally I think a celeb BB actually happening on Nine is pretty low. Some people here would be happy with a celeb version but that doesn't interest me at all like a normal series would. It's not really the same as everyday Australians going in though you could argue there wouldn't be much difference since we have had a lot of housemates with media and ex-HM connections over the past 3 years.

This is not meant to crush anyone's hopes for a renewal but realistically and from knowing how Aussie TV usually works from past history it just seems it's the end for good.

I actually agree with you. I'd like it to be renewed and to do so in it's former glory, but a show getting cancelled twice on 2 different networks speaks volumes about it's validity on Australian TV. I think the trend is changing, reality tv is very slowly making it's way out and even just the existence of social media changes the vibe and energy of the show for me. It's not uncommon for shows - both scripted and reality - to get cancelled and then renewed again, but surely for it to happen twice to the one show is largely unheard of and for good reason.

Sometimes I think it'd have been better if Nine never brought it back, you know when you revisit something from your past and it doesn't match up with your memories and kind of ruins the ones you have..? well it's been a bit like that for me. But for the most part I've enjoyed it.

That said, I'd like it to come back and celebrity BB excites me purely as it shows the format is not totally dead and a regular series could someday follow it.

Could a Big Brother in Australia work online? Like they can just put the episodes on a website live and have like a live feed for those willing to pay for it? Does it need to be on free to air tv?

Anyway...

Film and television in this country sucks and it's not going to improve until people stop watching the same damn cooking, renovation and talent shows.

Film and television in this country sucks and it's not going to improve until people stop watching the same damn cooking, renovation and talent shows.

No offence to fans of these shows but whilst trying really hard to get into them I can't help but feel condescended to every time I've sat down to watch any of them. The way the shows are edited (cheesy, sanitized and inoffensive to draw in the family demo) is something that I expect in kids show and since I'm not under 10 anymore they end up boring me to tears.

It's funny that so many BBAU fans accuse Sonia of being patronising in her hosting style because apparently she talks down to her audience or something but yet they have no issues with how manipulative and insulting to the intelligence these reno/cooking/karaoke/etc... series are.

That's a bummer will have to continue watching BBUK which I am not really enjoying because of interference with nominations and the terrible twist which saw 4 HM's evicted. I do hope it comes back next year and have heard channel 9 were considering a celebrity version.

Back