Skip to main content

2015 Today I...

Ha! Here I am, eyeballs glued to the screen, madly scanning searching for a bald, overweight, uninteresting, middle aged man! And nothing!!

Reactions: Jam
Today I was supposed to take my boy who turns four next week to get his immunisation. He woke up with a temperature and headache so will have to delay it. My other boy is pretty grumpy now too, because it meant missing out on their swimming lessons they have every Friday morning. The little rascals movie is a lifesaver at the moment and I'm finally having my first coffee of the day.

I've never dealt with any of my boys having headaches before, well that I am aware of, but now actually can communicate to me... Drinking lots of water, wet towel on head, keeping temperature down seems to be the most popular thing to do from what I have read. Not sure what other tips but I'm open to suggestions until I see the doc this afternoon

Trala's advice is the best advice, Sweetgeek. I just wanted to share the first time my daughter had a headache. She told me that she had a tummy ache in her head.

SO CUTE! I'M STILL IN LOVE WITH THE CUTENESS!

Trala's advice is the best advice, Sweetgeek. I just wanted to share the first time my daughter had a headache. She told me that she had a tummy ache in her head.

I will raise your tummy ache in the head with a kiddy cutey of my own.

My son is as blind as a bat, and was 4 when he got his first pair of glasses, that night when I put him to bed he explained that he needed to keep his glasses on so he could see his dreams!

Awwwwww.

Awwww, indeed!

I'll raise the cuteness level a tad. When her daddy and I were thinking of moving to Cooma, I asked my darling 3 year old if she wanted to live in the country. She burst into tears and cried 'NO!'. She wanted to live in a house.

AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

I will raise your tummy ache in the head with a kiddy cutey of my own.

My son is as blind as a bat, and was 4 when he got his first pair of glasses, that night when I put him to bed he explained that he needed to keep his glasses on so he could see his dreams!

Awwwwww.

Kids say the darnedest things.

When I started teaching, one day a kindergarten child was telling me how his mum packed his lunch and I said that I wished my mum still packed my lunch. He looked at me with the biggest eyes and look of shock on his face and asked in amazement "you have a mummy too?"

It certainly wasn't for me to explain the birds and the bees. Haha.

Pinch your son's glasses ... it's BLACK and white.

The jeans are blue ... and the shoes mambo grey with black and red laces.

The book has "grey" in the title. lol.

Anyhoo, cheers for verifying it was on. Didn't want my mum to have to sit through an episode of "The Project" if there wasn't going to be some sort of happy ending to it. :D

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
Today I got my final tattoo in honour of both my Dad and CaspersDad.
So here's the finished product:
Mark Tattoo.jpg
I'm very happy with it. And CaspersDad was delighted he finally made the "skin". He didn't know I was getting another piece done. He thought I was just getting Casper touched up. So he was pretty chuffed when he saw it. Happy Valentine's Day!

View attachment 48316
I'm very happy with it. And CaspersDad was delighted he finally made the "skin". He didn't know I was getting another piece done. He thought I was just getting Casper touched up. So he was pretty chuffed when he saw it. Happy Valentine's Day!
That's sweet!

Is hubby a musician?

View attachment 48316

...hey CaspersMum... how are you?... good to see you back on here again my sweet... that tattoo looks really nice... did it hurt getting it done?... (I'm too much of a wussy girly man to get one done lol!)... getting one done in honor of people is a great thing to do... very nice indeed... cheers.

Blue and white checked shirt!

cap1.jpg
cap2.jpg
cap3.jpg
cap4.jpg

Pretty happy that I got an extended shaka wave in. :D

Oh, and what was it all for ? A freebee valentine's day concert in Claremont called "Symphony of Love"

why.jpg

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
...you look pretty veged out there Derspatz... were you a tad bit intoximacated?... it looks like you were having great fun there my friend... way to go you TV star you!... lol!... cheers.

That's very cute! In fact there is so much cuteness reading these posts.

We had a movie night in with the kids, watching the movie brave. I said to my boy, "what if I turn into a bear one day"... His response "you will have so much hair mummy, you have to shave it off first".

...just out of curiosity Derspatz... what's that stand behind you with the photos on it?... I can't quite read the writing on it... are they brochures or something?... just curious as I say... cheers.

We had a movie night in with the kids, watching the movie brave. I said to my boy, "what if I turn into a bear one day"... His response "you will have so much hair mummy, you have to shave it off first".

...haha!... that's funny!... that movie is hilarious with Billy Connelly in it... and all of those Scottish characters are so well drawn in it... funny indeed... cheers.

Brave made me feel weird in a not good way. The whole dad trying to kill the mum who turned into a bear thing was too much for me. Like I seriously had an uneasy feeling watching that movie. I love every other Disney cartoon but I would never watch that one again.

...haha!... that's funny!... that movie is hilarious with Billy Connelly in it... and all of those Scottish characters are so well drawn in it... funny indeed... cheers.

I thought I recognised the voice! I really enjoyed the film.

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it @bleachy_dude and more so that it made you feel uncomfortable. I honestly focused on Merida and liked her bold, rebellious but stand up for her beliefs message for children watching. I am a sucker for strong willed ladies. I am sad that the movie made you feel weird in a bad way. I just hope it wasn't because of a personal experience

Last edited:
Today I had the Western Australian Minister for Education ( Peter Collier) in my classroom...!

He was at the school to officially open our new classroom block and afterwards he went for a quick tour through it and chose my class to poke his head into to see what we were up to...

I thought I recognised the voice! I really enjoyed the film.

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it @bleachy_dude and more so that it made you feel uncomfortable. I honestly focused on Merida and liked her bold, rebellious but stand up for her beliefs message for children watching. I am a sucker for strong willed ladies. I am sad that the movie made you feel weird on a bad way. I just hope it wasn't because of a personal experience
Yeah not directly a personal experience. I don't know why. I saw it at the cinema and I remember almost feeling physically sick at the end. I don't actually think I've ever had that kind of reaction to a movie. Like there are some movies which are far more emotional and even disturbing but I think as this was aimed at kids it took on a deeper level of disturbance for me. Weird.

Back