Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
tahny89
Now
#LaterGram had a blast at my first ever #NBA game #Knicks ✌️

10432076_1520091978264225_1403444622_n.jpg

I just realised that I actually prefer aishas social media pre bigbrother ... If you look on her Instagram all the photos post big brother are really pretentious but before she seems like the fun sweet girl she actually is... I think she should drop who ever is telling her/ paying her to post the "looking at the floor shots" and post some real photos again... She's just as beautiful in them and looks less condescending
Are they all trying to look like ingénues or innocent little girls? They look vampy.

We'll just have to agree to disagree as to me there's nothing in that that would justify the amount scorn and derision Ed has copped from posters in this forum.

If anything it came across as fairly neutral/diplomatic comments about Ed, nothing really untoward or damning about the guy.

I don't know how anyone would conclude from what Jade has said about Ed that he was an unpleasant douchy person. That's entirely the posters own personal perception of him. Not that there's anything with that, it's completely normal to have varying opinions/perception on people it's just basic human nature.

But let's not pretend that a housemate bad mouthing another it's any shape or form more 'informed' and thus more accurate than anyone who wasn't in the house. It is just as likely to be full of bias than anyone else.

And it's also interesting that others, especially Xavier, Heidi, Tully and Matt have described Ed as one of the nicest blokes they have ever met. They often converse with him on his Instagram posts and privately on Facebook. He also remains close to Jazz, Tahan and Boog. I also have never been able to understand the scorn he has received, just because his relationship with Jade didn't work out. In reality very few TV relationships do last.

I also don't believe he doesn't get enough credit for staying quiet about Jade, and not doing radio interviews where he discussed their sex life, or magazine articles where he discussed the break up. In my view he has kept a dignified and respectful silence. This is despite others suggesting he should stand up for himself instead of looking like the bad guy.

I don't expect others here to agree with me, and I understand that all are free to have their own opinion about housemates.

sbramham
37 minutes ago
Annual Santa photo for Mum. #love#christmas#santa

924086_1514831685459165_530992888_n.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1419039398][/DOUBLEPOST]sbramham
6 minutes ago
MaRry KrostMas! Mum is going to love this one...

10852704_747763428648419_1340358171_n.jpg
I feel bad for Santa[DOUBLEPOST=1419055097][/DOUBLEPOST]
travisjake_
2 hours ago · Karma Kandara Resort
A massage up above the shore line will releieve any kind of tension! #Mind#Body#Soul#Calm#Relaxation#Freedom#thebalibible@karmaresorts@karmabeachclubs@karmaspas

10881743_793911793979949_1724284163_n.jpg
Is he naked?

And it's also interesting that others, especially Xavier, Heidi, Tully and Matt have described Ed as one of the nicest blokes they have ever met. They often converse with him on his Instagram posts and privately on Facebook. He also remains close to Jazz, Tahan and Boog. I also have never been able to understand the scorn he has received, just because his relationship with Jade didn't work out. In reality very few TV relationships do last.

I also don't believe he doesn't get enough credit for staying quiet about Jade, and not doing radio interviews where he discussed their sex life, or magazine articles where he discussed the break up. In my view he has kept a dignified and respectful silence. This is despite others suggesting he should stand up for himself instead of looking like the bad guy.

I don't expect others here to agree with me, and I understand that all are free to have their own opinion about housemates.

Who is your favourite 2014 HM?

As someone who only recently came across Ed, by watching BBAU 2013 this fall. Ed was ok in the house if a bit vanilla. He dealt with Jade in an ok way, being upfront that this was just for now. Since, his posts just seem pretentious and a bit of a poser.

For the record I've never had an issue with Ed because his relationship with Jade didn't work out. I think anyone that watched the show could probably work out that it was never going to last.

Any issues I had with Ed were while he was in the house. I couldn't with all his high-horse "I'm so much better than Tim and Drew, I'd never nominate my friends or throw them under a bus blah blah blah" while he was doing just that. I actually had no issues with him nominating Jade or choosing to put her up over Tim (it's a game after all), but I think the reason Ed got so many fans offside was because he refused to be upfront about it. He led Jade to thinking he had her back while she couldn't trust anyone else. He just seemed disingenuous his entire time in the house to me and I always find it difficult to get behind people like that (like Jake this year). Like he was trying too hard to put across a certain persona and not put a foot wrong or something. That's totally his prerogative but it's difficult for people to form attachments with HMs when they can't get a grasp of who they are and connect with them. I'm sure some fans could connect with Ed's thing but I certainly couldn't.

I'm sure he's a lovely guy, I have no doubt about that. However as a fan from the outside looking in he's always seemed a bit fake and overly image conscious to me and his SM activity on the outside has certainly further cemented that for me.

Last edited:

IMO Ed made himself look like the bad guy, he didn't have the balls to go up against Tim, instead he put up a Jade, a weak move that says a lot about the man.

Here's a picture of the Lawdawg working (as a magician) at a function earlier this week.

image.jpg

For the record I've also seen two people who have asked him whether he is in a relationship with Cat this week and he has confirmed that to them.

The person who took this picture said he was nice to them - although that is to be expected since he was 'on the job'.

For the record I've never had an issue with Ed because his relationship with Jade didn't work out. I think anyone that watched the show could probably work out that it was never going to last.

Any issues I had with Ed were while he was in the house. I couldn't with all his high-horse "I'm so much better than Tim and Drew, I'd never nominate my friends or throw them under a bus blah blah blah" while he was doing just that. I actually had no issues with him nominating Jade or choosing to put her up over Tim (it's a game after all), but I think the reason Ed got so many fans offside was because he refused to be upfront about it. He led Jade to thinking he had her back while she couldn't trust anyone else. He just seemed disingenuous his entire time in the house to me and I always find it difficult to get behind people like that (like Jake this year). Like he was trying too hard to put across a certain persona and not put a foot wrong or something. That's totally his prerogative but it's difficult for people to form attachments with HMs when they can't get a grasp of who they are and connect with them. I'm sure some fans could connect with Ed's thing but I certainly couldn't.

I'm sure he's a lovely guy, I have no doubt about that. However as a fan from the outside looking in he's always seemed a bit fake and overly image conscious to me and his SM activity on the outside has certainly further cemented that for me.

I should've known better than to drag Ed's name into this thread again. :facepalm: :p

In spite of every 'fault' you've outlined that in your opinion is found in Ed's personality, particularly how he's come across to some BB fans outside of the game via social media, I'd still much rather hang out with him (flaws and all) than some other housemates who shall remain nameless. :angelic: :)

Point being how individuals are percieved it's all subjective. And that's okay 'cos it'd be boring world if everybody liked the same people. There can never be a consensus on who truly is a bad or good person, besides criminals of course. At the end of the day it all comes down to personal subjective tastes and preferences. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back