Skip to main content

Lina Appreciation Thread

I thought it was extremely rude of Skye to walk off mid-sentence when Lina was talking about her sister riding around Victoria.

Lina likes to have proper conversations whereas Skye, sweet and funny as she can be, prefers more light weight frivolous chats.

I like Lina. I think I would get on with her. She is a thinker.

When Skye commented she thought it would 'fun' (a polite social white lie probably) to be part of the riding activity Lina was telling her about, she got an instant backhander from Lina by replying she thought it was anything but.

If I'm politely listening to someone's boring story and all I get in return is some snarky bitchy reply for my troubles, I wouldn't want to be in that person's presence for much longer either.

In fact from what we've seen of their convos Lina is quick to disagree with anything Skye blurts out, usually in a very aggressive manner.

Last night she says to Skye 'In china they think of others before themselves' Has she been to china lately?

Also all she ever does is check her nails and groom herself when others are talking. Just another try hard pseudo intellectual waste of time ok?

A moment of Lina's I did like was her face of disapproval and slight disgust when BB exposed Skye for leaving the scruber with dog poo on it in the kitchen sink :giggle:
pUp0JtI.jpg

I thought it was extremely rude of Skye to walk off mid-sentence when Lina was talking about her sister riding around Victoria.

yyyyyeah because you're really there living with her 24/7 aren't you. Who's to say she's not an obnoxious pain in the ass, that continuously likes to make it known she's better than everyone else by disagreeing? That sure is shit is a damn possibility, from what I've seen.

yyyyyeah because you're really there living with her 24/7 aren't you. Who's to say she's not an obnoxious pain in the ass, that continuously likes to make it known she's better than everyone else by disagreeing? That sure is shit is a damn possibility, from what I've seen.

And you are living with her and know better? Right.

We can only go by what we see. And in that snippet there was nothing wrong with what Lina said. She wasn't putting her sister down or being negative. She was just saying that it wasn't something she could do.

And you are living with her and know better? Right.

We can only go by what we see. And in that snippet there was nothing wrong with what Lina said. She wasn't putting her sister down or being negative. She was just saying that it wasn't something she could do.

You honestly think that? lol

It was an obvious attempt to get under Skye's skin over something trivial she was politely listening to, which makes it doubly worse for sheer audacity and rudeness. And from what we've seen it is not a one off (the disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing with whatever Skye thinks on an 'issue', no matter how irrelevant/insignificant it is on the grand scheme of things), it is an on-going trend.

You honestly think that? lol

It was an obvious attempt to get under Skye's skin over something trivial she was politely listening to, which makes it doubly worse for sheer audacity and rudeness. And from what we've seen it is not a one off (the disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing with whatever Skye thinks on an 'issue', no matter how irrelevant/insignificant it is on the grand scheme of things), it is an on-going trend.

I don't know what the lol is for. You are reading way too much into it...

Here is a transcription of what was actually said:

[Big Brother: Skye and Lina have spent an hour together wrapping presents]

Lina: She is doing a dirty great bike ride too. That should be interesting.
Skye: What's that for?
Lina: You ride around Victoria on a bike.

[Big Brother: They're having a casual chat about Lina's sister going on a cycling trip]

Lina: Then you get up the next morning and you ride to the next town or whatever and camp or whatever, and you clock like, all of Victoria"
Sky: That sound like fun.
Lina: I couldn't think of anything worse. Imagine how sore your arse would be. (Lina smiles and laughs).
Skye: no... but I'd like that.
(Skye gets up immediately and leaves the room)
Lina: Where are you going?

(No answer from Skye as she has left the room to run off immediately to tell Travis how much she cannot stand Lina).

Now Connoisseur, let's take your choice of words to describe Lina in that situation.... "sheer audacity and rudeness". At which point in the conversation was Lina audaciously rude? Because she said, speaking only for herself, that she would not enjoy such a trip because "she would get a sore arse". What is wrong with that? How is conceivably disrespectful to Skye?

All we saw is a snippet. You are imagining something that did not happen. It is not Lina's fault your mind adds its own subtext, an additional meaning not intended by Lina.

To illustrate: I like to read books on science and history. My girlfriend will tell her friends... "you should see the boring books he likes to read".
I like to go sailing. My girlfriend will tell her friends: "I went with him once. It was awful. It was terrifying and I got sea-sick. I cannot possibly imagine what he likes about sailing".

Is my girlfriend putting me down? No. She is simply illustrating how we are different. We both laugh about our differences and so do our friends.

Most probably Lina is simply trying tell Skye about her family. Now I don't really know what the real subtext was but it could easily be something like this:

Lina: My sister is nothing like me. I am the geeky academic one. I like reading and staying indoors. My sister is sporty and adventurous and enjoys outdoor activities. We are totally different but we love each other just the same...

The only person who was blatantly rude in that situation was Skye. Lina was without fault.

To be fair to Skye, it is probably a misunderstanding, due to Skye and Lina having different conversational styles and a different sense of humour. What Lina might perceive to be humorously self-deprecating (for example laughing at herself for being a geek and not the outdoors type), Skye interprets as being negative.

In other conversations what Skye might interpret as Lina being argumentative and trying to show her intellectual superiority, whereas Lina sees herself as getting fully involved in a topic. I suspect Lina enjoys a debate, and probably also enjoys being challenged, which is why she gets on with Priya.

Lina is not responsible for the fact that other people who do not know her falsely interpret that as "being superior", when all she is doing talking in a way that most people she knows are perfectly comfortable with, and her friends probably talk in the same way.

Last edited:
I don't know what the lol is for. You are reading way too much into it...

Here is a transcription of what was actually said:

[Big Brother: Skye and Lina have spent an hour together wrapping presents]

Lina: She is doing a dirty great bike ride too. That should be interesting.
Skye: What's that for?
Lina: You ride around Victoria on a bike.

[Big Brother: They're having a casual chat about Lina's sister going on a cycling trip]

Lina: Then you get up the next morning and you ride to the next town or whatever and camp or whatever, and you clock like, all of Victoria"
Sky: That sound like fun.
Lina: I couldn't think of anything worse. Imagine how sore your arse would be. (Lina smiles and laughs).
Skye: no... but I'd like that.
(Skye gets up immediately and leaves the room)
Lina: Where are you going?

(No answer from Skye as she has left the room to run off immediately to tell Travis how much she cannot stand Lina).

Now Connoisseur, let's take your choice of words to describe Lina in that situation.... "sheer audacity and rudeness". At which point in the conversation was Lina audaciously rude? Because she said, speaking only for herself, that she would not enjoy such a trip because "she would get a sore arse". What is wrong with that? How is conceivably disrespectful to Skye?

All we saw is a snippet. You are imagining something that did not happen. It is not Lina's fault your mind adds its own subtext, an additional meaning not intended by Lina.

To illustrate: I like to read books on science and history. My girlfriend will tell her friends... "you should see the boring books he likes to read".
I like to go sailing. My girlfriend will tell her friends: "I went with him once. It was awful. It was terrifying and I got sea-sick. I cannot possibly imagine what he likes about sailing".

Is my girlfriend putting me down? No. She is simply illustrating how we are different. We both laugh about our differences and so do our friends.

Most probably Lina is simply trying tell Skye about her family. Now I don't really know what the real subtext was but it could easily be something like this:

Lina: My sister is nothing like me. I am the geeky academic one. I like reading and staying indoors. My sister is sporty and adventurous and enjoys outdoor activities. We are totally different but we love each other just the same...

The only person who was blatantly rude in that situation was Skye. Lina was without fault.

To be fair to Skye, it is probably a misunderstanding, due to Skye and Lina having different conversational styles and a different sense of humour. What Lina might perceive to be humorously self-deprecating (for example laughing at herself for being a geek and not the outdoors type), Skye interprets as being negative.

In other conversations what Skye might interpret as Lina being argumentative and trying to show her intellectual superiority, whereas Lina sees herself as getting fully involved in a topic. I suspect Lina enjoys a debate, and probably also enjoys being challenged, which is why she gets on with Priya.

Lina is not responsible for the fact that other people who do not know her falsely interpret that as "being superior", when all she is doing talking in a way that most people she knows are perfectly comfortable with, and her friends probably talk in the same way.

Skye should've just replied in kind and said instead: 'on second thought Lina you're absolutely right. The thought of riding around in the middle of no-where is a mind numbingly dull activity that I pity whoever has to participate in it, regardless of the good intentions it is done with', or something along those lines. That would've shut up Lina quick smart.

And no, I strongly disagree with your assertion that this isn't a deliberate tactic by Lina to upset Skye. I've come across people like Lina who disagree with whatever comes out of your mouth about the most inane trivialities merely to mess/ antagonise you.

I don't know what Lina gets out of it but it is blatantly obvious that being argumentative with people she doesn't take a liking to, in this case Skye, is something that is part of her MO.

IMO I've seen enough footage of her 'challenging' Skye on something she flippantly comments on demanding she explain herself further to her as to why she has that opinion to assume we've only scratched the surface of her pestering Skye purely to get a rise out of her.

Skye should've just replied in kind and said instead: 'on second thought Lina you're absolutely right. The thought of riding around in the middle of no-where is a mind numbingly dull activity that I pity whoever has to participate in it, regardless of the good intentions it is done with', or something along those lines. That would've shut up Lina quick smart..

That makes no sense. It is not a right or wrong proposition.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to ride around Victoria, and there is nothing wrong with not wanting to ride around Victoria.

Lina was not criticising her sister nor was she was she mocking Skye. She was simply talking about her personal preference.

You are making the rest up. It is purely in your imagination. Lina did not imply any of the things you have suggested.

Are you offended when other people have different tastes than your own? You don't have to be. People are allowed to like different things.

I don't mean to sound harsh btw. I should have added IMHO. It is interesting how two people can hear the same conversation and come away with a different impression.

This sort of communication confusion between Skye and Lina explains some types of personality clashes.

That makes no sense. It is not a right or wrong proposition.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to ride around Victoria, and there is nothing wrong with not wanting to ride around Victoria.

Lina was not criticising her sister nor was she was she mocking Skye. She was simply talking about her personal preference.

You are making the rest up. It is purely in your imagination. Lina did not imply any of the things you have suggested.

Are you offended when other people have different tastes than your own? You don't have to be. People are allowed to like different things.

There was a time I considered myself a Lina fan but her recent antagonistic behaviour towards Skye has backed up some posters claim that people that know Lina IRL weren't recognising the bitchy Lina they were familiar with and used to. You have to admit that there has been a noticeable change in her personality in the last few days in comparison to how polite and sweet she came across when she entered the house.

Who's said anything about 'mocking'? The point I've been making is that this is Lina's way of taking pot shots at or undermining an individual she deems to be 'inferior' or not worthy of her respect. It's petty and to a lot people (except for you of course) it is very transparent what she's doing.

Making what up exactly? There's plenty of footage of numerous discussions where Lina is itching to cut Sky mid sentence just to challenge her on an opinion she offered up on an innocuous irrelevant subject and 'infer' she's stupid for thinking that way. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. I'm starting to suspect that you might have a personal connection to Lina tbh and that's why you're so vehement to convince me that my eyes are playing tricks on me or something. lol

Last edited:
Making what up exactly? There's plenty of footage of numerous discussions where Lina is itching to cut Sky mid sentence just to challenge her on an opinion she offered up on an innocuous irrelevant subject and 'infer' she's stupid for thinking that way. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. I'm starting to suspect that you might have a personal connection to Lina tbh and that's why you're so vehement to convince me that my eyes are playing tricks on me or something. lol

No in these last few posts I have been talking about just this conversation.

I don't know Lina. But I do like her. I think she is misunderstood.

wants to have mature conversations, still takes photos like a 12vie (i'm not complaining) (scumbag lina) (its a joke)
10382159_1562796970623819_8915300181740699453_n.jpg

Back