Skip to main content

THE FINALE

Does TEN really have an "identity" anymore? With all the chopping and changing of stakeholders, I really wonder if TEN think BB is their 'thang' anymore. :confused:

And how do we know that TEN will give it the same treatment they used to? Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see TEN pick it up and give it a 2003-2007 "feel" again. :woot:

And how do we know that TEN will give it the same treatment they used to? Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see TEN pick it up and give it a 2003-2007 "feel" again. :woot:

Well ten's former programing manager of the day (David Mott) now works at Nine Perth.

"Alex tells us it’s not just 2014 that will get a look in though. “We’ll also look at highlights of past seasons of Big Brother and pay tribute to the format, seasons and personalities gone by.” But it’s not all reflection – Alex let us know a look to the future will also feature in the festivities."

Found this on Jump In,

"Alex let us know a look to the future will also feature in the festivities."

"Alex let us know a look to the future will also feature in the festivities."

Alex let us know a look to the future will also feature in the festivities."

"FUTURE"

tbh, does channel 9 even have the rights to broadcast all 11 seasons, if they have only held 3 or was it 2? on their channel?

Does anybody remember what year it was that the winner was announced in the house, and then they did a huge walk from the house to the stage with Gretel and all of the housemates met the winner along the road? I have a feeling it was Jamie but I could be wrong...

tbh, does channel 9 even have the rights to broadcast all 11 seasons, if they have only held 3 or was it 2? on their channel?
Channel 9 bought the rights to the entire Big Brother Australia franchise back in 2011, which includes all its archive footage. Remember they've already used clips from past series' in recent seasons (in one of the 2012 Confidential episodes, at the 2012 Finale, the 2013 Launch and also the 2013 Finale).

But this was also pretty much confirmed way back in 2011 when A Current Affair did a special BB Reunion segment with previous HM's, way back before the show's renewal was even announced.

So yeah, I think the old episodes just come with the "package" when a network buys Big Brother.

Does anybody remember what year it was that the winner was announced in the house, and then they did a huge walk from the house to the stage with Gretel and all of the housemates met the winner along the road? I have a feeling it was Jamie but I could be wrong...

Regina, 2003.

2007 had something similar planned, on a truck/float. But problems with a close vote threw those plans out the window.

That was the infamous "Winner's Walk" - one of my absolute favourite parts of a BB Finale ever, but I can totally understand why they stopped doing it and will never do it again (unfortunately).

They did it at all Finales between 2001-2003, as well as 2007. I don't recall them doing it in 2006 though?

Regina, 2003.

2007 had something similar planned, on a truck/float. But problems with a close vote threw those plans out the window.
That was the infamous "Winner's Walk" - one of my absolute favourite parts of a BB Finale ever, but I can totally understand why they stopped doing it and will never do it again (unfortunately).

They did it at all Finales between 2001-2003, as well as 2007. I don't recall them doing it in 2006 though?
Thanks fellas

I don't know why I thought 2006.

But yes, I remember in 2007 Aleisha and Zacc on that truck and it was essentially watching a really slow truck driving down a road with a lot of people cheering and fireworks above.

Thanks fellas

I don't know why I thought 2006.

But yes, I remember in 2007 Aleisha and Zacc on that truck and it was essentially watching a really slow truck driving down a road with a lot of people cheering and fireworks above.
Out of all four years that they did it, 2003's was by far the best imo - and it was a huuuge spectacle. Go look it up on YouTube if you get a chance. Brilliant.

I have a soft-spot for 2001's though. And a lot of fireworks were used then too.

Out of all four years that they did it, 2003's was by far the best imo - and it was a huuuge spectacle. Go look it up on YouTube if you get a chance. Brilliant.

I have a soft-spot for 2001's though. And a lot of fireworks were used then too.
I'm re-watching 2004 at the mo but I will have to have a refresher once I'm done.

The good thing about it was it didnt drag, IT WAS AMAZING

Back