Skip to main content

Priya Appreciation Society

I realised I haven't actually verbalised why I like Priya so much, and since some people would like to know and because I have near-infinite patience, I'm happy to do so. This post will be split up as it will be VERY long.

Priya won me over on the opening night of Big Brother this year. I got home from work about 15 minutes late, so I missed her actually entering the house. The point I did start from was her and Katie being offered the power play to take $10 000 from the prize money each in exchange for the housemates having to drink meal replacement shakes. I immediately admired her balls to make a harmless, yet unpopular decision for her benefit, showing that she is assertive and a game player who wants the best possible outcome for herself and her husband. I also admired the fact that she would not let Katie turn the money down, wanting what was best for her. This showed she has a great deal of compassion, something we would see many more times, like standing behind Gemma during her eviction, and offering for Leo to go back into the main house for dinner in her rightful place. She even offered to give up a portion of her winnings for some luxury food items for her fellow housemates - something I feel she didn't need to do. It is also worth noting that the self-entitled housemates who pressured her (like Sam and David) have since been evicted, while those who had the common sense to realise it was not a big deal and tried to be the voice of reason (like Skye and Travis) are still in the game.

INPRIYRATIONAL xo

Yes, that's what a speech is meant to do. To garner votes for the win. Obviously you don't grasp the point of making a persuasive speech...which BIG BROTHER TOLD THEM TO DO.
Moomy it's not a bloody presidential campaign mate. Did you hear the other housemates? Not only that, but she completely contradicted herself in an attempt to sound so sophisticated.

Yes, that's what a speech is meant to do. To garner votes for the win. Obviously you don't grasp the point of making a persuasive speech...which BIG BROTHER TOLD THEM TO DO.
It was actually just a bit of a fun party game. Also, note the word heavy handed. It's one thing to deliver a good speech, it's another to be nauseatingly over sentimental and so transparently just vote grabbing. Oh, we shouldn't be afraid to be different? Thanks for that priya. What bold, ground breaking material. Glad ryan picked up on the fact she contradicted herself and was taking it way too seriously. Bet she had that speech in her back pocket the whole time, saving it for the right moment. " If I make it to the final week, I'll play up the don't be afraid to be different angle, because who doesn't want to support that? " Too obvious. Not going to fall for that one, sorry Priya.

muskrats muted into ghosts
k0Wgrwr.png

Part 2 of why I love Prisus:

I greatly admire Priya's honesty. Priya has always been very upfront with the fact that she is playing the game to win. People seem to forget that it is a game and that there is a prize at the end. It is not a sin to want to win the game. Whenever something has annoyed or upset Priya, she has always gone straight to that person and told them, or if she finds out that someone is talking about her behind her back, she will confront them to try to sort it out, like with Gemma. She also should be admired for her no-nonsense and no secrets attitude. People have been saying they don't like the fact that if she is told something about another housemate, that she will tell that housemate. But it is MUCH more damaging to be harbouring resentments and secrets, as eventually they escalate and will blow up. It is healthy to vent, and even though she might talk about other people, EVERYTHING that she says behind someone's back she also tells to their face. Plus, her honesty gave us the best line of the series - when Cat got the highest number of save votes and, in disbelief, Priya said "People are voting for THAT?!"

I greatly admire Priya's honesty. Priya has always been very upfront with the fact that she is playing the game to win. People seem to forget that it is a game and that there is a prize at the end. It is not a sin to want to win the game. Whenever something has annoyed or upset Priya, she has always gone straight to that person and told them, or if she finds out that someone is talking about her behind her back, she will confront them to try to sort it out, like with Gemma. She also should be admired for her no-nonsense and no secrets attitude. People have been saying they don't like the fact that if she is told something about another housemate, that she will tell that housemate. But it is MUCH more damaging to be harbouring resentments and secrets, as eventually they escalate and will blow up. It is healthy to vent, and even though she might talk about other people, EVERYTHING that she says behind someone's back she also tells to their face. Plus, her honesty gave us the best line of the series - when Cat got the highest number of save votes and, in disbelief, Priya said "People are voting for THAT?!"
aw chookyxoxo

On the other hand, reading this thread with the three muskrats muted into ghosts is very amusing... I brought a big fire hose with me to hose them out - but they are doing such a stirling job of swelling our page counts and also stimulating some fine responses.

I am reading in battleship grey, all pics turned off, to save the last of my pathetic data thingos for the final shows, so I will look forward to looking at the visuals produced in the last day or so when I can afford to splurge. It is like being in a soviet exsistential movie, shoestring budget, with subtitled dialogue of passionate invective. I like it!

Thanks Poopsack, Cutlet, and Crusty Old Codger 92!

I thought you went into hiding after being owned the other day. Still haven't seen those transcripts? Keep on dribbling CUNT :)

It was actually just a bit of a fun party game. Also, note the word heavy handed. It's one thing to deliver a good speech, it's another to be nauseatingly over sentimental and so transparently just vote grabbing. Oh, we shouldn't be afraid to be different? Thanks for that priya. What bold, ground breaking material. Glad ryan picked up on the fact she contradicted herself and was taking it way too seriously. Bet she had that speech in her back pocket the whole time, saving it for the right moment. " If I make it to the final week, I'll play up the don't be afraid to be different angle, because who doesn't want to support that? " Too obvious. Not going to fall for that one, sorry Priya.

It was embarrassing. She tried the crocodile tears for a split second aswell but held it up. Everyone was like what the fuck why is this bitch being so serious. It's a bit ironic that Priya fans preach taking a joke and the one they are blindly following is an uptight, member of the fun police

Honesty? Up front? A great example of what she does came from that whole Penny thing last few eps.

First, she tries to set up a narrative that she's been doing the wrong thing with her flirting with David, upsetting Penny. Then she tries to force an unwanted apology down her throat. Then she goes and tells skye she thinks Penny is not to be trusted. Moralistically all over the place.

I don't think she goes and confronts them to sort it out. I think she goes there to try and make sure they're not going to nominate her.

Remember when she was in the neighbours house, and said on the positive side, this could be a good chance to build new ... (friendships?) ... alliances ... and uhm ... friendships. She's always trying to form alliances with any group she happens to find herself in when the topic comes up.

What we're talking about is not venting, or harboring secrets. It's backstabbing. Telling other people someone else's private thoughts/secrets, which you have no right to share. Nothing defensible about that.

It's funny, I say "people are voting for THAT" ever week she gets through.

Skye is annoying, manipulative, arrogant and also doesn't deserve to win, but I find her getting votes less baffling than Priya. At lease she's been funny and entertaining.

Back