Skip to main content

What's your day job?

I have multiple jobs;
- Arts (Media & Communications major) and Commerce (Economics major) student;
- Dihydrogen Monoxide Technician of Ceramics;
- Professional Moocher of parents

I'm also an aspiring novelist.
Have anything we can read?

High school teacher of social studies, geography and history at Lesmurdie SHS here in Perth

I colour comic art as a side job... :)

I didn't realise that SeanE. I thought your artwork was your main job. Have you ever considered teaching art as well as the other three?

I work for Centrelink... I also test software....
Still think lawyer is the most hated profession?
LOL. We don't all hate you @Malls Ballsian

Haha, one of my aspirations is to be confident enough in my work to share it.

Tell me about it. I'm slowly getting there myself, though. I plan to self-publish a small collection of short stories in the not too distant future. It's just, yeah, getting over that whole, "I like this, but do I like it just because I wrote it?" thing, usually coupled with the whole, "Actually, I hate everything I've ever written, none of it is any good, I should just give up now and sink into the earth" thing.

Omg I went to this one when I was younger and this lady that owned it was a pure nutcase. She said, to understand how soft a dildo is you should put it against your nose. Is this true or did she make me look like a wanker putting up multiple dildos to my nose?

Given the stache.. I am not surprised one iota.

Haha, one of my aspirations is to be confident enough in my work to share it.
Maybe I'll send what I've got so far to you in a few months, once the wheels on this novel I've been working on are turning more freely.

I look forward to it :thumbsup:

Tell me about it. I'm slowly getting there myself, though. I plan to self-publish a small collection of short stories in the not too distant future. It's just, yeah, getting over that whole, "I like this, but do I like it just because I wrote it?" thing, usually coupled with the whole, "Actually, I hate everything I've ever written, none of it is any good, I should just give up now and sink into the earth" thing.

I know those feelings. At the moment I also have the whole "Would this character really say/think this? Or is it my voice coming through right now?"...

Oh lawyers aren't so bad, I have quite a few friends who are lawyers. My sis and my cousin both studied law but interestingly enough neither actually took the bar, maybe they have more sense than that.[/QUOTE
The better question is...

WHAT IS YOUR NIGHT JOB?!
My night job is the same as my day and afternoon job. I am a switchboard operator in a large Melbourne public hospital.

Well, I own a NFP organisation. On the side, I do VO work. I have also written 2 books: one a kids book called "Wouldn't You?" based on a poem I wrote and the other was a self-help/tips book for new mothers having to cope with motherhood and a new bub, from being in a wheelchair, perspective. Both quite a feat @Gemini considering some on here claim I am illiterate.:sneaky: People are funny aren't they, Happy Hooker.. lol

Well, I own a NFP organisation. On the side, I do VO work. I have also written 2 books: one a kids book called "Wouldn't You?" based on a poem I wrote and the other was a self-help/tips book for new mothers having to cope with motherhood and a new bub, from being in a wheelchair, perspective. Both quite a feat @Gemini considering some on here claim I am illiterate.:sneaky: People are funny aren't they, Happy Hooker.. lol

Wow! That's such an achievement! It would take so much dedication and creativity to write a book. Good on you! :thumbsup:

Wow! That's such an achievement! It would take so much dedication and creativity to write a book. Good on you! :thumbsup:

The latter I wrote as there wasn't anything out there like it. It was just about how I coped and created ways to make a very difficult job a little easier for others in a similar situation. :)

The latter I wrote as there wasn't anything out there like it. It was just about how I coped and created ways to make a very difficult job a little easier for others in a similar situation. :)

Absolutely. What an amazing thing to do using your unique insight to help other parents in similar situations. It would be such a tough thing to do. Looking after a new baby is tough enough even when you don't have any physical restrictions.

Back