Skip to main content

Your first impression on Priya? (i.e "Posh Spice")

Shackles

The pen is mightier than the sword.
From her promo I expected her to be a single, bitchy and flirtatious woman who would hit on every guy in the house and be evicted in the first week. The "my butter chicken brings all the boys to the yard" line didn't help either (dunno why they 'advertised' her that way for? :jawdrop:)...

Glad how she turned out to be completely the opposite. :smile:

From her promo I expected her to be a single, bitchy and flirtatious woman who would hit on every guy in the house and be evicted in the first week. The "my butter chicken brings all the boys to the yard" line didn't help either (dunno why they 'advertised' her that way for? :jawdrop:)...

Glad how she turned out to be completely the opposite. :smile:
Yep so did I. And boy do I now feel like a fool for judging her - and every other HM in the Nine era - on the f'n promos and the house interviews.

Gahhhh.... but I hope a few of the HMs or even just their family members will speak the truth publicly once they're no longer dealing with Nine.

Sucked in big time.

Promos have basically nothing to do with the actual show. Interestingly three promoed housemates, Dion, Gemma, Katie, left in the first three evictions.

You at least expect to get what's advertised on the tin and none of the full on promo's lived up to the "label".

You at least expect to get what's advertised on the tin and none of the full on promo's lived up to the "label".

Marina even told the HOUSEMATES how she would shake up the house in her monotone, uninterested, non-female voice.

Promo's are designed to rope in the Producers ( when u make your own audition tape ) & the viewer, for commercial reasons.

Yet Sleeping Beauty went in and STILL tried to sell the zippo to the housemates sitting at the table, still rubbing two sticks together.

Priya's promo was NOT her self-directed, scripted or developed idea.

It did its job as roping in joe public

First impression. Loved her because she seemed strategic. Only annoying thing about her was when she and Katie were talking to BB she would accentuate the "s" at the end of a word that ended in S.
BB: "Priya, is this a tempting offer." Priya: "YesssssSSSSSS Big Brother."

Since then, besides being a strong woman, I like her ability to address and resolve conflict by meeting it head on. I honestly think her and David will be life long friends OUTSIDE the house because they are very similar no matter how much the extremists fans on both sides are and would argue against. Now, while I do believe Priya was infact stirring the pot by targeting Ryan (as she was called out by Ryan's sister) and doing same with David (as called out by David's dad). It is strategy. That's what you're supposed to do if you're playing the game. Take the target off yourself. I'm probably one of the select few on this board who likes and is cheering* for either Priya or David to win it all.

*Used the term "rooting" before, completely unaware that this term means something else in Aussie slang.

Yep I thought she'd be sassy fun-loving chick in the mold of Tahan. Instead we got a patronizing headmistress 'old soul' (I have to keep reminding myself Priz is in her 2os and not in her 60s) dullard, what a disappointment she turn out to be. *smh*

To be honest I thought she would be first evicted (and I was particularly upset at this possibility as I drew her in the sweepstake). But I really like her and really she is the only one I want to win. If she's evicted this week I hope Penny wins just for the lulz.

First impression. Loved her because she seemed strategic. Only annoying thing about her was when she and Katie were talking to BB she would accentuate the "s" at the end of a word that ended in S.

Since then, besides being a strong woman, I like her ability to address and resolve conflict by meeting it head on. I honestly think her and David will be life long friends OUTSIDE the house because they are very similar no matter how much the extremists fans on both sides are and would argue against. Now, while I do believe Priya was infact stirring the pot by targeting Ryan (as she was called out by Ryan's sister) and doing same with David (as called out by David's dad). It is strategy. That's what you're supposed to do if you're playing the game. Take the target off yourself. I'm probably one of the select few on this board who likes and is cheering* for either Priya or David to win it all.

*Used the term "rooting" before, completely unaware that this term means something else in Aussie slang.
I think she is part snake with the way she pronounces hers SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

From her promo, I thought she was annoying.
From the show, I know she is annoying.........................

I have mentioned it many times before that she isn't as smart as she thinks or a thinker or whatever she says she is.

I would like some of her healthy self-opinion to rub off on me, she doesn't need all of it!!
Having said that, it is TV so maybe she isn't as bad as they are showing.
Still don't want her to win though.

She annoys me and so does her husband

What does it mean in aussie slang?

Back