Skip to main content

Is Alex Mavroidakis & team cracking under pressure ?

They needed to put the 4 new people in to give the show a bit of life again! It was getting so boring....... But now we have penny and she gives great facial expressions!

Channel 9 wrecked the series by not putting it at a consistence time slot.

They are to blame for the less popularity of this years BB.

Alex and his team can only do so much. everything he does Channel 9 dictates. He can only do what channel 9 tells and approves him to do.

I am sure if Alex had anything to do with it, it would have been a constant time slot from day 1. If he could have it a M rated show he would of, but channel 9 didn't allow it cause they want to replay it on Go during the day.

In regards to any Rumour, he can make comment on it. That's why I am sure he has a twitter account. He was trying to clear up a rumour that wasn't true.

ç
It's pretty obvious that Alex did not "snap" as you said in your op..... Too me it looked like he was just setting the record straight to these rumours that new.com.au started.
He has never done this before in all of BBAU history..... Somethings not right!

Channel 9 wrecked the series by not putting it at a consistence time slot.

They are to blame for the less popularity of this years BB.

Alex and his team can only do so much. everything he does Channel 9 dictates. He can only do what channel 9 tells and approves him to do.

I am sure if Alex had anything to do with it, it would have been a constant time slot from day 1. If he could have it a M rated show he would of, but channel 9 didn't allow it cause they want to replay it on Go during the day.

In regards to any Rumour, he can make comment on it. That's why I am sure he has a twitter account. He was trying to clear up a rumour that wasn't true.

So whose fault is it for no live updates then?

I don't mean the live feed (24/7 camera footage from the house over the Internet) or Uplate (2 hour or so live streaming from the house on TV late at night, and maybe with a host or evicted housemate dropping by for a chat), I mean the live updates.

Live updates ran the last two years on the bb website since channel 9 had it and they told us what was going on in the house every half an hour or so. Sometimes more frequently. It would also give us regular video and images from the house.

Who decided the only access we would have to the house is the neutered, delayed by so many days footage on TV?

To me, the show lost viewers by starting out with too many twists that completely changed the expectations of what viewers expected: the pairs would have been ok, if they hadn't included the change in voting to allow the housemates to eliminate one person. Let them nominate in pairs, but have individuals be up. Adding in the huge change with the money twist also massively turned people off.

This is my fundamental problem with the show. They began day one with a show that was completely different from last year, and took away a lot of the charming and fun stuff, as well as strategy stuff- like a chance to say yourself from nomination by winning a game.

People tuned initially because last year was so good, by throwing out every single aspect of a fantastic show, they turned off many people.

After they realized how badly the twists failed, they threw in Tim and it all went downhill.

No live info makes it worse because we know we are only seeing a highly controlled image.

On top of that, the cast is extremely vanilla and seem to look down on people who are playing to the cameras. They have zero sense of needing to be entertaining. Aisha said she wanted to provoke that you didn't have to be a loud character. Did she ever consider that being a quiet person is fine, but you still need to bring some entertainment value?

Here we go... "in all of BBAU history" must only be two weeks I suppose...

Behind Big Brother ‏@behindbb Oct 22
lol what a total flop. Travis gives it away early. Sonia drags it out then has to say "are you sure!?". Snores @AlexMavroidakis #bbau

Alex Mavroidakis ‏@AlexMavroidakis
@behindbb first we our favouring him and now we are gutted he didn't go?! Make your minds up!

And I can find heaps more examples like that. Alex has always been snarky and will set the record straight when he can - regardless of the social media platform or with the media itself. What he did with these rumours is nothing out of the ordinary at all.

Channel 9 made the decision to cut the live updates.

It's got nothing to do with Alex, it was Channel 9.

That had to be a cost saving measure, right? I remember reading that Edemol would not support the live stuff and channel 9 would have to do it themselves. Is something like that the reason?

Yeah, they cut down on costs.

One of there biggest mistakes of this year.

They dumped the website for the 9jumpin site and cut out updates.
They copped flack for it, but ignored the demand of followers. From here people felt they were missing out on what was going on in the house, hence loosing viewers.

Yeah, they cut down on costs.

One of there biggest mistakes of this year.

They dumped the website for the 9jumpin site and cut out updates.
They copped flack for it, but ignored the demand of followers. From here people felt they were missing out on what was going on in the house, hence loosing viewers.
I think that was probably their biggest mistake this year, not just one of. People were pretty tolerant last year of the twists and stunts - although of course they still cracked the shits and declared BB would NEVER return in 2014 - but because we had the LF threads to get us through, we were still engaged with the house and the HMs so people would quickly move on from whatever outrage they felt because within an hour something new would appear to refocus everyone.

Now though they're treating BB like any other 9 tv show and we all know it doesn't work like that. You're supposed to become obsessed with the HMs and want to know what they're doing in the house at all times and see what you can figure out even if it's from 90 second clips and badly worded snippets from Mumbai from 8am to 11pm. Until right now, it hasn't even crossed my mind about what's going on in the house today/tonight.

WHEN BB returns next year on 9, I'm hoping that Alex can do what he can to prove that that little bit of extra money on having someone run the Twitter account with live feed updates is well worth whatever it may cost (and I suspect it's minimal). They don't need a BB dedicated site... just move those clips onto Jump-In. It's just one extra Tweet for whomever's spamming the FB account with the same shit every couple of hours. People on there are even calling them out for posting the same stuff over and over and they're usually the last to catch on so you know it's bad.

@Goon Do you think Big Brother will come back next year?

I've heard all the rumours. I know that the Contract for Big Brother Australia is up, but haven't heard that it has been renewed. I know that BB is working the way Channel 9 want it to work, with it's demographics and what had been advertised to Sponsors.

I think there are many factors that still need to be looked at. so I guess time will tell. I think we will know by the Finale if BB will return next year.

I've heard all the rumours. I know that the Contract for Big Brother Australia is up, but haven't heard that it has been renewed. I know that BB is working the way Channel 9 want it to work, with it's demographics and what had been advertised to Sponsors.

I think there are many factors that still need to be looked at. so I guess time will tell. I think we will know by the Finale if BB will return next year.

Thanks for your point of view. :thumbsup:

Back