Skip to main content

The missing pieces – extra information about the show/ housemates

I think I was too focussed on Leo to notice. For…storyline reasons…totally not checking him out or anything. :angelic:

;) (or too busy trying to read the daily show thread / watch at the same time. Lol)
I only noticed when I was watching it for the second time - with my daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's another gallery up on Jump-in for anyone who's interested - basically comparing HMs to race horses a-la 'Melbourne Cup' theme.

Just bringing this one across to share the lovely description Skye received. :rolleyes: (They seem a bit obsessed with it in BB-land)

eb8759fe1c424947bfca4ea30fe301b4.ashx

"SKYE: One of the race favourites, this Gold Coast filly has been pegged for the top three from Launch. One only has to glance at the parade ring to see this racer has a fine behind – and has proven herself time and time again on several meets. But will Skye sustain her early lead into the final straight?"

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/latest/day-58/gallery/bb-cup-betting/

Edited to add: it's also interesting to read how the HMs are perceived / described by the Jump-in team, eg Lina: "This warm, classy broad..."

Living with your Dad and feeling blessed: twenty grand.

Shitty blue tee from Cotton On: 15 bucks.

The look on your face when you realise your new girlfriend who "will never LEAVE you" is nearly as old as the pyramids and Madonna?

well......there just aren't words. Bottoms up ponyboy.

Love how nobody blinks an eye with the age difference with Skye/leo. None.
Then so many won't stop going on and on about how Cat has passed her use by date. Over the age of 30? As a woman, YOUR LIFE IS OVER. 8 years is considered a nothing difference when a man does it - as long as the girl is legal. :poop: bs.

Video: BACKSTAGE EXCLUSIVE - Lawson supports Cat

Lawson backstage.jpg

Link to Video (8.6 MB)

Says: "I didn't want you to face that alone."
A clearly nervous Lawson waited backstage for House partner Cat, admitting he had very little sleep and a long, tough day of interviews about his controversial relationship.

He added he was glad Cat was being Evicted so close to his own, as the two could support one another.

Lawson clutched the handrail on the backstage steps before bounding out on stage to face Australia... and Cat!

Love how nobody blinks an eye with the age difference with Skye/leo. None.
Then so many won't stop going on and on about how Cat has passed her use by date. Over the age of 30? As a woman, YOUR LIFE IS OVER. 8 years is considered a nothing difference when a man does it - as long as the girl is legal. :poop: bs.

Oh pumpkinpot I'M a woman over thirty. I was just poking fun (the expression on Lawson's face really is priceless come on) and it was also an excellent opportunity to yank Madge's hair-plugs.

Evicted Aisha Says: My Love for Travis Helped me 100%
Admitted in the outside world, she would never have gone for her House beau.

Aisha.jpg

Check out the full gallery of Aisha leaving and her time in the House.

On whether her relationship with Travis affected her game plan …

My game plan was to be Aisha and ride the emotional rollercoaster that it was. Did I guess that he was going to be in there? No way! But to have him there I think it personally helped me. People tried to give us flack for being a couple in the House. To have that person who I trusted alongside me in the House, helped me 100%.

On the outside would you have dismissed Travis …
I have learnt a lot about first impressions. On the outside – as shallow as this sounds – it’s height and little things like that that you nit-pick as a person. I did seem him as a crazy goose and I thought ‘oh, you are not my cup of tea’, but when I actually got to know him and know that he is actually a genuine person, I felt lucky that Big Brother opened the doors for me to see that in somebody.

On choosing to protect Lawson over Cat …
To me I did protect Lawson so that is why I reached out to him because he was my friend – first and foremost. We walked in together, we won $30,000 together. To Cat, I think, women judge other women a little bit more harshly than they may judge men so to me Cat has been through a divorce, she’s been through heartbreak, she knows how it feels. So for her to do that to someone who doesn’t have a voice, to me I didn’t feel like reaching out could have changed it. I didn’t reach out to her because I expect more from another woman.

Link to Video
(33.0 MB)

(Also talks about Leo, and Skye and Leo’s relationship)

Cat: "[In the House] You Try to Find [Private] Moments of Intimacy"
But admits Lawson didn't talk much about his girlfriend so "it almost was easy to forget about her."

Cat eviction.jpg

Check out the full gallery of Cat's time in the Big Brother House!

On hooking up in the House …
The awkward thing about hooking up in the House is not about forgetting the cameras, it’s more that you’re living with 16 people. There’s no privacy. That’s when it becomes awkward when you’re trying to find some moments of intimacy to have that one-on-one time.

On whether Lawson is as invested in the relationship as her …
I see us being invested equally in that Big Brother is the place where we met and we got to know each other extremely well. I guess the relationship side is yet to be seen. We know real life is going to come into play. Big Brother is reality TV – it is a bubble – I’m open to it being a relationship after that but we’ll have to see how we work on that together.

On whether she was shocked over the outside reaction …
No because it created a storm inside the House and people weren’t shy in telling us what they thought. So it became very apparent that people on the outside would probably have shared views with people on the inside.

Link to Video (34.5 MB)

Gallery: Love According To...
What’s love got to do with it? Everything! From ‘content-with-commitment’ to ‘committed-to-singledom’, Housemates weigh in on everyone’s favourite topic: luuurrrrrrrve.

aec0fdb212984e48ac507e448c4906ed.ashx

Lina – Loved-up in only her second ‘serious’ relationship, Lina believes love comes with a scary amount of vulnerability. “Someone could just step all over you,” she told Priya. But she hasn’t let it stop her diving in!

fbe1937c887e421f9be67e95b8d5c49c.ashx

Richard – “Super chilled out” is what Richard now believes love should be. He’s reformed since a few previous trysts had him thinking “crazy” was normal. “This is the new normal,” he says of the calm waters of his current relationship.

cd6392be20954fbcbf3d14c45a62a9a5.ashx

Leo – The House’s lovable lion admits he’s usually a bit of a scaredy cat. He prefers to protect his furry-purry side by keeping his teeth snapped shut. In the wake of Skye’s waning affection he said, “I’m disappointed in myself that I let myself get that close to someone.”

Link to full gallery

Also just added:

www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/latest/day-59/gallery/tragic-travis/

www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/latest/day-59/gallery/house-reactions/

www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/latest/day-59/skyes-boys/

From TV Week:

Aisha slams Skye!

Aisha_L.jpg

Self-confessed “nice girl” Aisha McKinnon has accused her former Big Brother housemate, Skye, of showing off for the cameras.

“She’s so worried about how she’s being perceived on the outside,” Aisha tells TV WEEK.

“I can tell you 110 per cent she is [putting it on].

“I’d come out late at night and she would be doing something in front of the mirror.”

Long considered one of the favourites to take out the competition, Aisha, 22, thinks Skye’s chances of winning are slowly diminishing.

“With the past few days and what’s going on with the Leo thing I don’t think she’s going to win anymore,” Aisha admits.

Despite being one of her closest mates in the house, newly evicted Aisha admits Skye was “a hard person to live with.”

“She’s got a lot of energy,” Aisha says diplomatically.

Full article:

http://www.tvweeklogieawards.com.au/news/articles/2014/11/aisha-slams-skye!/

Skye's Love Heart Eyes Are Looking at Jake, Ryan and Leo

resizer.aspx

Skye's come under fire for crushing on three boys in the House... so we hit up one of them - Jake - for his take on who she may ACTUALLY like!
During Monday night’s Eviction show you tweeted that Ryan is Skye’s new “flavour of the month” – what did you mean by this?

My tweet got a pretty epic response on Monday night! What I meant by “flavour of the month” is that Skye is young, single, and up for a good time, not a long time. She's totally entitled to be enjoying herself and the company of all the Housemates (namely Ryan) in the Big Brother House. There are no lock-in contracts with Skye!

How comforting is it inside the House to have one person in particular that you’re close to?
Having someone that you're close to inside the Big Brother House is imperative! Everyone is seeking confirmation and reassurance that the other Housemates 'like' them, that they're not being backstabbed, and that they're able to express themselves without criticism; it's human nature to seek that reassurance. Having a person that you know has got your back makes any bad day seem OK, because you've always got someone to turn to.

You openly admitted to crushing on both Skye and Lisa during your early days in the House – does being around someone 24/7 mess with your emotional clarity?
Of course. Being around anyone for a long period of time allows you to feel a stretch of emotions towards that person/s.

With no real-world distractions, to what degree does boredom weigh in on romantic relationships inside the House?
Having no real-world distractions, you quickly begin to invest spending your time to get to know people for who they are, the stories they've lived, and the morals that they live by. For me, I was never bored in the Big Brother House; there was always something for me to do so I wouldn't say boredom played any influence on my 'romantic' relationships. However, with time being on your side in the Big Brother House, relationships and romance have the ability to evolve quite quickly.

resizer.aspx

What are your thoughts on Skye and Leo’s relationship?
As I said, there are no lock-in contracts with Skye! She's young, bubbly, ostentatious, and looking for a bit of fun. Leo is a wise guy; he either seems to genuinely really like Skye or he seems to have an Intruder’s understanding of how popular Skye is on the outside and wants to stay close to her to prolong his time in the House.

Skye’s rejection of Leo’s advances seemed to take him by surprise – what do you make of this?
I think Skye might have some foresight and understanding that Big Brother is an individual game, thus letting Leo into her world will subtract any chance of her taking the title.

Skye told Leo that he needs to take himself off the pedestal – too harsh or on the money?
I think Skye is right with that statement. Leo doesn't make any effort with other Housemates. Maybe her words will force him to befriend some of the new Intruders and show a different side of Leo that Australia is yet to see. Intruder Richard seems to have voiced some of the same feelings I had towards him whilst I was in there and attempting to get know him.

Would Ryan and Skye hooking up strengthen or destroy their chances at the title?
Ryan and Skye hooking up would make for great TV, and some pretty sweet hashtags! In terms of winning Big Brother, I think it'd let David or Priya's light shine for the crown.

Out of Ryan and Skye, who do you expect would stab the other in the back first?
I haven't seen either Ryan or Skye backstab anyone yet... If it came down to it, I think they'd simultaneous Nominate each other and Australia would be left to make the same tough decision as to which one is their favourite!!

Do you think a House relationship helps or hinders a Housemate’s chances of winning?
Hinders! 100%. As I said before, Big Brother is an individual game; a relationship can lead you to the final but it won’t give you the crown!

There's another gallery up on Jump-in for anyone who's interested - basically comparing HMs to race horses a-la 'Melbourne Cup' theme.

Just bringing this one across to share the lovely description Skye received. :rolleyes: (They seem a bit obsessed with it in BB-land)

eb8759fe1c424947bfca4ea30fe301b4.ashx

"SKYE: One of the race favourites, this Gold Coast filly has been pegged for the top three from Launch. One only has to glance at the parade ring to see this racer has a fine behind – and has proven herself time and time again on several meets. But will Skye sustain her early lead into the final straight?"

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/latest/day-58/gallery/bb-cup-betting/

Edited to add: it's also interesting to read how the HMs are perceived / described by the Jump-in team, eg Lina: "This warm, classy broad..."

Comparing the HM's to the Melb Cup, theme? Considering that one of the horses in the cup could only walk to the finish line before dying of a heart attack... and another one broke it's leg just after the race finished and had to be put down.... Careful what you wish for BBAU & Ch9..!

Back