Skip to main content

Halloween in Australia - Yea or Nay?

It's that vile Emma Roberts avatar.
Come on Vadge, you know Miss Em is several planes above your Prizus in the divinity stakes.

91030-surprise-bitch-gif-madison-mon-uNqA.gif

no... you made a fatal error... only Con is allowed to use the whistle emotie to completely negate everything said in the post ;)

I use it to feign blissful ignorance and innocence.

When other posters use it I can only take a guess at what they're implying with it hence my confusion on the odd occasion that it happens. ;)

Nope

And we keep our gates locked so that NOBODY gets near our door uninvited / without prior arrangement.

A sparrow's nest is our castle, and no cuckoos allowed.

We also don't answer the phone unless the number is known, and even then, more often than not, we still don't pick up.

AFAIWC, home is where one goes to GET AWAY / HAVE A BREAK FROM OTHER PEOPLE !

It would be called "home" otherwise.

(cept I don't wonder coz I just don't care ... and/or the security cameras have already told me all I need to know)

regarDS

Last edited:
I use it to feign blissful ignorance and innocence.

When other posters use it I can only take a guess at what they're implying with it hence my confusion on the odd occasion that it happens. ;)

See what it LOOKS like is a way to get away with backtracking and calling it a joke if your throw away line causes offence (as they are known to do).

It's kinda like the "no offence, but..." line that almost always precedes an offensive statement. I think you know what you are up to!

It took me a while to 'get' it, but now that I do, it's become a fun sport watching others fall into your trap.

When I said I still lubs ya... I meant it. I have come to really enjoy your posts :)

"wouldn't" not "would", and "AFAWC" (as far as we are concerned).

sigh, I knew I shoulda check speeling BEFORE going to watch the youtube. lol.

regarDS

See what it LOOKS like is a way to get away with backtracking and calling it a joke if your throw away line causes offence (as they are known to do).

It's kinda like the "no offence, but..." line that almost always precedes an offensive statement. I think you know what you are up to!

It took me a while to 'get' it, but now that I do, it's become a fun sport watching others fall into your trap.

When I said I still lubs ya... I meant it. I have come to really enjoy your posts :)

No, there's no back tracking I'm owning it. With the whistling smiley I'm clearly signalling that what I'm about to say can be (mis)interpreted as a personal attack on poster/s but it is not meant to be taken that way (seriously). I'm taking the piss in other words.

For example when I'm so-called ranting and raving about posters favourite housemate or some of their devout stannish behaviour that I find over the top and/or silly. :)

The difference with Mrs B in this instance is that she herself appeared to be offended by what I wrote on halloween which threw me off a little. The whistling smiley didn't help in letting me know that she just was taking the mickey and playing me like a fiddle but now I know, it's all good. :angelic:

"wouldn't" not "would", and "AFAWC" (as far as we are concerned).

sigh, I knew I shoulda check speeling BEFORE going to watch the youtube. lol.

regarDS
don't worry.... no one actually reads :)[DOUBLEPOST=1414749502][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, there's no back tracking I'm owning it. With the whistling smiley I'm clearly signalling that what I'm about to say can be (mis)interpreted as a personal attack on poster/s but it is not meant to be taken that way (seriously). I'm taking the piss in other words.

For example when I'm so-called ranting and raving about posters favourite housemate or some of their devout stannish behaviour that I find over the top and/or silly. :)

The difference with Mrs B in this instance is that she herself appeared to be offended by what I wrote on halloween which threw me off a little. The whistling smiley didn't help in letting me know that she just was taking the mickey and playing me like a fiddle but now I know, it's all good. :angelic:
it's alllll gooooooood!

Is there a HEAD on a STICK out there as well?

Yes, and I am not in even the slightest kidding.

This is what it looks like and it takes the form of an A4 sized heavily laminated sign mounted at eye-height next to the key-locked and bolted entrance gate.

archery.jpg

There is also a sign advising visitors to smile because they are on independently powered live-streamed internut security cameras and that visits / admittance are by prior arrangement only. We don't provide any kind of contact number for such arrangements to be made and nor is there any kind of door bell.

In short, if we don't already know you, we're not interested in knowing you so go bother somebody else. :)

regarDS

This is what it looks like and it takes the form of an A4 sized heavily laminated sign mounted at eye-height next to the key-locked and bolted entrance gate.

View attachment 44765

There is also a sign advising visitors to smile because they are on independently powered live-streamed internut security cameras and that visits / admittance are by prior arrangement only. We don't provide any kind of contact number for such arrangements to be made and nor is there any kind of door bell.

In short, if we don't already know you, we're not interested in knowing you so go bother somebody else. :)

regarDS
no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

View attachment 44765

regarDS
hah! but you'll put your nekkid butt out to the world!

#MakesSense #AddsUp #SorryNotSorry

hah! but you'll put your nekkid butt out to the world!

#MakesSense #AddsUp #SorryNotSorry

Deem "oh really ?" pic included ... as in / like, this sort of thing:

ohreally.jpg

That posted/said, if you're talking about the following sort of thing, it's only coz I want our Stella to Like It, ButtOfCourse. :D

sorrybottom.jpg

Deem "trick or treat" included. ;) :)

regarDS

We don't get trick or treaters here in south africa,then crime is so bad they would probably have the kids ring the bell and jump out and rob you as soon as you answered.People who do want to celebrate have parties or attend official events at malls or places like that.

Back