Skip to main content

Halloween in Australia - Yea or Nay?

beardymac

john might've been the walrus, but paul was a cat
Interested to hear opinions - do you guys stock up for trick-or-treaters, or slam the door in their face?

Do you embrace Halloween or despise it? Or are you on the fence.

I would say I'm on the fence. Don't mind the costume parties that go hand-in-hand with Halloween, and generally I make sure we stock up just in case any kids come around trick-or-treating. But I cannot be bothered decorating my house for it when usually we only get 1-2 groups of trick-or-treaters in my area, if any.

What about you guys?

I looove Halloween. It's my favourite holiday! I've always been saddened by the fact that it isn't so widely embraced here in Australia, although technically, if it were, we'd be celebrating it May 1st!

But I've always gone trick-or-treating— I mean, when I was younger. Now it's just costume parties and alcohol and looking a little slutty. ;)

Nope. I hate people knocking at my door.
fBHUtm7O1dCAnudIsJr35_MoQahgkX7Rhzj57lGcQVVqjXdBSnQbl-152q6uLxz1ExwOV7hPPKGPGRyG6Hm0jpQ7HUXgvmGfU-QDEaQ2bXh56kJ3X_SwiJXIVFTIjLtXtZSHuXZK9wYV_w=w320-h240-nc

LOVE IT!!!!

Even moreso because I don't have to schlep around in snow going door to door trying not to neck myself.

The only downside for me is that now that it's picking up more in Australia, my husband and I have to take turns taking our son trick or treating so one of us can stay home handing out treats.

If wanting some peace and quite on a beautiful lazy barmy Friday evening makes me a bad person than I do not want to be 'good'. :whistling:
It's one day a year for kids to have some fun by dressing up and getting lollies or scares from their neighbours. All the OAP's in my neighbourhood love seeing all the kids at their door so I would've thought you would too. :whistling:

It's one day a year for kids to have some fun by dressing up and getting lollies or scares from their neighbours. All the OAP's in my neighbourhood love seeing all the kids at their door so I would've thought you would too. :whistling:

I dunno why you've decided to take it out on me, as you can see I'm not the only one expressing anti-halloween sentiments. :whistling:

All the OAP's in my neighbourhood love seeing all the kids at their door so I would've thought you would too. :whistling:

Never heard of that acronym before, I had to google it to find out what it stood for. lol

Look all I have handy on me are marijuana laced cookies. If you child rearing is of the progressive type than your son is more than welcome to a few of them. Just don't come complaining to me about any unwanted side effects later on. Deal? ;)

Back