Skip to main content

Halloween in Australia - Yea or Nay?

Nope, not in my area and never has been in the 27 years I've lived here. No children here anymore anyway. I went to a Halloween party at kinder in 1966 and that was my last 'celebration' of it. A friend of mine embraces it wholeheartedly as well as Christmas which is more my style. As she says, with a surname of Adams, you have to do Halloween :)

Usually a few of the local kids come around our suburb. If they've made an effort at a costume then we give them some lollies but if it's just teenagers with a ACDC t-hsirt on then nah...

We just use the homebrand mixed bag of lollies from woolies - costs $2.50 but it suffices (cheapskate aren't I..? :p )

I've been lucky so far, I've never had anyone knock here. I'm going out tonight anyway, so there won't be anyone here to answer the door to them.

I dunno why you've decided to take it out on me, as you can see I'm not the only one expressing anti-halloween sentiments. :whistling:

Never heard of that acronym before, I had to google it to find out what it stood for. lol

Look all I have handy on me are marijuana laced cookies. If you child rearing is of the progressive type than your son is more than welcome to a few of them. Just don't come complaining to me about any unwanted side effects later on. Deal? ;)
I focused on you because I was in the mood for a laugh and I'm not as familiar with the two people who had posted above you that they didn't like it.

Now however I'm feeling like how I imagine Lawson did last night with Skye. So I shall now apologise to prevent this escalating and me being accused of being a bully. Or worse, I make you fake cry.

I'm sorry Con for wrongly assuming you'd also be in the mood for a laugh on this lovely night and I promise to never assume that you have a sense of humour in the future, ever again.

:whistling:

My exceedingly generous power company (Aussies will understand that joke) sent me a sticker for my door. It says "Do Not Knock" No Salespeople. So I guess I won't be getting any knocks. Happy Pumpkins.

I focused on you because I was in the mood for a laugh and I'm not as familiar with the two people who had posted above you that they didn't like it.

Now however I'm feeling like how I imagine Lawson did last night with Skye. So I shall now apologise to prevent this escalating and me being accused of being a bully. Or worse, I make you fake cry.

I'm sorry Con for wrongly assuming you'd also be in the mood for a laugh on this lovely night and I promise to never assume that you have a sense of humour in the future, ever again.

I'm not as familiar with the two people who had posted above you that they didn't like it.

That comes as a bit of a surprise, I thought you well acquainted with jersey girl and Lucas.

Just curious is all, no bullying accusations here. :)

And you think I'm the one that's taking it seriously? :wideyed:

I assumed (wrongly I guess) my liberal use of emoticons suggested otherwise. ;)

I'd triple check whatever is in those bag of treats if I were you, you can never be too careful nowadays. :wideyed:

That comes as a bit of a surprise, I thought you well acquainted with jersey girl and Lucas.

I'd triple check whatever is in those bag of treats if I were you, you can never be too careful nowadays. :wideyed:

Indifferent. Don't care. If someone knocks on my door I will just say that I'm a Pristian and that I don't observe holidays and occasions that glorify Lisafer.

It really is FOR THE BEST.

Sorry, I meant after my post.

And for the love of Prisus, Con... I AM JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even used your dorky little whistling dude to try to make what I thought was already obvious, crystal clear

I don't care if you or anyone else doesn't like Hallowe'en. Fair enough!! Other than my first post, seriously every one I've posted after that (excluding this one also) was just a joke!

Sorry, I meant after my post.

And for the love of Prisus, Con... I AM JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even used your dorky little whistling dude to try to make what I thought was already obvious, crystal clear

I don't care if you or anyone else doesn't like Hallowe'en. Fair enough!! Other than my first post, seriously every one I've posted after that (excluding this one also) was just a joke!
no... you made a fatal error... only Con is allowed to use the whistle emotie to completely negate everything said in the post ;)

Back