Skip to main content

Leo Appreciation thread - Take two!

Except I was totally on Lawson's side this last argument. If it didn't involve her, there was no need to say anything. Furthermore, Skye goes into her horrendous acting, when anyone says anything negative towards her. It was too over the top and she pissed me off just watching the clip, so being involved would have made me even more angry.

I appreciate Leo being patient. I don't like Skye, and would have no time for her, in the house. Ps, Skye was tolerable to everyone the first week. We'll see if Leo's opinion and approach changes as time goes on. You are right about the Travis scene. I was quite surprised they were having a pretty decent conversation. Travis will respond well to that, because others approach him in a much more aggressive way. I think we'll slowly see Leo break a few people down and they'll come to really like him.

You can firmly yet politely ask someone not to interfere without telling them to shut up. Lawson is just plain old rude and condescending to her. We saw it again when they were all on the lounge and the moment she said something Lawson said something along the lines of "stop talking Skye we're trying to have a mature/intelligent conversation now" (can't remember his exact wording but it was along those lines). It's just rude, and boarders on nasty especially when he usually looks at the others and laughs after he does it like he's proud of himself.

Leo doesn't treat her like that, and I don't think it's a coincidence that the only people in the house that talk to her with a bit of respect (Leo, David, Priya, Cat) are the ones that don't have to endure her screaming when she feels she's been treated poorly.

Skye would drive me nuts no doubt but it's good to see that some of the more intelligent and mature HMs in there like Leo have worked out that if you actually talk to her calmly and don't dismiss her she's likely to have a better reaction.

Last edited:
You can firmly yet politely ask someone not to interfere without telling them to shut up. Lawson is just plain old rude and condescending to her. We saw it again when they were all on the lounge and the moment she said something Lawson said something along the lines of "stop talking Skye we're trying to have a mature/intelligent conversation now" (can't remember his exact wording but it was along those lines). It's just rude, and boarders on nasty especially when he usually looks at the others and laughs after he does it like he's proud of himself.

Leo doesn't treat her like that, and I don't think it's a coincidence that the only people in the house that talk to her with a bit of respect (Leo, David, Priya, Cat) are the ones that don't have to endure her screaming when she feels she's been treated poorly.

Skye would drive me nuts no doubt but it's good to see that some of the more intelligent and mature HMs in there like Leo have worked out that if you actually talk to her calmly and don't dismiss her she's likely to have a better reaction.

You're talking about a completely different incident. As I said, I was on his side in the last argument, the one that involved Lisa.

As for Skye, her reactions in general are over the top. It doesn't always mean loud. I thought she said ridiculous things to Leo too. She is over the top in her bad acting. It's not always about yelling for me. So, in that way, she doesn't change when talking to the more "mature" ones. I think she is as fake as it gets, and she's consistent with it.

You're talking about a completely different incident. As I said, I was on his side in the last argument, the one that involved Lisa.

As for Skye, her reactions in general are over the top. It doesn't always mean loud. I thought she said ridiculous things to Leo too. She is over the top in her bad acting. It's not always about yelling for me. So, in that way, she doesn't change when talking to the more "mature" ones. I think she is as fake as it gets, and she's consistent with it.

Apologies if you were referring to a different incident. I don't recall the one with Lisa. I was more thinking of the two times I saw him tell her to shut up (in the kitchen and in the backyard) - and also when he told her not to talk in the lounge because they were having an "intelligent" conversation.

We'll have to agree to disagree with Skye. For me she absolutely does change depending on who she talks to. I couldn't imagine her having a reaction to Leo like she does Lawson. IMO that's because Leo actually talks to her like a human being and his first action isn't to dismiss her the moment she opens her mouth like others (mainly Lawson) do. For me she absolutely plays up the "dumb" card which compounds the issue but it's hard to determine whether her reactions are OTT because I know I would react badly if people talked to me like a lot of them talk to her as well.

Yay!! Welcome to our new home Leo fans!

This is from an article @Melore posted in the Ratings Thread

"Next week a female Intruder will enter the series. Unlike current Intruder Leo, she will have seen the series on air. The rules of Intruders are that they absolutely can’t discuss anything that’s happened since the show’s started. But more importantly the rules of the housemate is they can’t ask,” he continues. “So the onus is on them.”"

So hopefully this cuts all the speculation if Leo watched this season before going in as Alex is fully admitting that the new intruder has, while saying Leo hasn't.

Lawson seems to not be able to stand her at all. Some of their interactions have been pretty full on. When he said "shut up Skye" as they were walking out for the party even I was like whoa dude, simmer down.

I was shittier than "whoa dude, simmer down".

I was more like... "how about you shut your fucking mouth, Lawson. I'm sick of your bad temper and put downs to others. You're an egotistical control freak with an over-inflated opinion of yourself and I'm jack of it, you tosser"

Leo's okay in my books. Liking him more each show.

I was shittier than "whoa dude, simmer down".

I was more like... "how about you shut your fucking mouth, Lawson. I'm sick of your bad temper and put downs to others. You're an egotistical control freak with an over-inflated opinion of yourself and I'm jack of it, you tosser"

Leo's okay in my books. Liking him more each show.

It was only a "shut up" and he said it in a real calm way. Is Skye so sensitive that she can't handle someone saying "shut up" to her? Does she need to mollycoddled and tucked into bed each night while being read a bedtime story?

It was only a "shut up" and he said it in a real calm way. Is Skye so sensitive that she can't handle someone saying "shut up" to her? Does she need to mollycoddled and tucked into bed each night while being read a bedtime story?

It's rude. If someone kept telling me to shut up the moment I opened my mouth I'd be extremely offended. It's nothing to do with needing to be coddled.

It's rude. If someone kept telling me to shut up the moment I opened my mouth I'd be extremely offended. It's nothing to do with needing to be coddled.

It's not rude. Rude is talking over the top of someone while they are having a conversation.

He repeated it more forcefully when Skye, obviously surprised and taken aback, checked with him what he had said. The meanness, arrogance and surety that he wouldn't get a comeuppance from the other HM's for being so rude and disrespectful speaks volumes to me. Lucky for him I'm not in there, or another Chrissie Swan for that matter. The dude would have coped an earful back.

It's not rude. Rude is talking over the top of someone while they are having a conversation.

You have a very narrow definition of rude. Your love for Lawson is clouding your judgement, IMO.

I've had to accept Sandra isn't who I hoped she would be. I can still hold out hope for her, but can also clearly see her foibles and neuroses.

Yes, it is.

They all speak over the top of one another. The irony of this discussion is that of the multitude of times I've heard someone like David get spoken over the top of, one of the loudest voices has been Lawson's.

They're in a big group situation. They all get yelled over the top of. And yet Lawson is the only one that thinks he has the right to tell someone to shut up the moment they open their mouth.

Anyway, this is getting completely off topic.

Go Leo!

I think he probably can't stand Skye but has taken on a personal challenge to get to know her and tolerate her and understand her. Rather than dismiss her as an airhead idiot and ignore or be nasty to her. LOL She must frustrate him. I think he's become quite fond of her.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but I think I may be full on stanning for a Leo and Skye hookup now. AGAIN I loved their interaction tonight. So much so that I pushed record so I can go back and watch it because it was just that damn cute. If nothing else happens, I'm happy they're providing that friendship for each other because neither of them really seem to have another close buddy in the house yet.

Although I think he's actually starting to develop feelings for her. It's the way he talks to her. There's a softness in his voice that we haven't heard him use with anyone else. Yet at least. Maybe that Russian nurse will shake things up lol

Back