Skip to main content

Clawson

Okay, I see what you're saying, and giving a lot of credit to Lawson who was very aware of the feelings of the person he was sharing the sanctuary with. He is also 23 years old and should be very aware of his own experiences with alcohol and whether it affects him and his judgment (if people find that a valid excuse). As such, he should have laid down boundaries much earlier (before he was drunk and/or passed out, if indeed he was) knowing that Cat was given HOH and there was a chance she would pick him to join her.
I know you are being sarcastic but Lawson has shared a bed with Aisha and didn't touch her, he's also now sharing a bed with Leo. I know if I was drunk and I had the option of a couch and a comfy bed I would take the bed and if I had a predatory woman drunk flirting with me and trying the moves on me which in said drunk state it wouldn't even register to me what is happening till too late.

He kept saying that Cat would pick Skye. But he was saying it like he was trying to convince himself.

She confessed her feelings to him days earlier. He is her "best friend" in the house. He knew there was potential for her to pick him. He had every opportunity to circumvent the situation if he had wanted to.

She confessed her feelings to him days earlier. He is her "best friend" in the house. He knew there was potential for her to pick him. He had every opportunity to circumvent the situation if he had wanted to.

I know that. I just meant that Lawson was lying to himself and that he should have known that Cat was going to take him into the Sanctuary.

Gotta be honest, I love Cat and Lawson. I understand people's issues with it, but look...

He decided to go on BB. It's an intense situation where you're locked up in close quarters for three months, with no contact with your partner, in intimate friendships with other women. He had to have thought about the possibility of something like this going down.

Also, Lawson is 23 years old. How many people end relationships, no matter how serious, at 23 -- especially when they're going through such a huge, life-changing experience.

In my mind, I give something of a pass for people in the house. Obviously if he and Cat were friends outside and this were happening, he would break up with the girlfriend. He has no way of contacting the girlfriend, and while he's tried to push it away for the time being, it was going to emerge at some point. It's unfortunate, but he knew that going in.

I think they're genuinely a good couple, and that they are both being honest about where they're at. Especially Cat. She's mature, has been married, etc.

Unpopular opinion, I know. Sorrynotsorry.

OR, he'd just cheat on his gf on the outside, and as real life has less cameras he'd be more likely to get away with it..

What I mean by that is more the fact that I don't think they're just being stupid or messing around. I think their feelings are genuine. I do think it sucks that they're doing this while he has a girlfriend on the outside, but he's admitted he has feelings too and he has no way of breaking up with the girlfriend. He has no way of communicating with her. Obviously I don't condone the way this is happening, but it's real easy to judge. I think their heads are screwed on well in that they're not just all up in the drama and such or generally horrible people. And from the impression I have of them otherwise, I think they are genuine in this even as it is a sucky situation.
I think we're watching different shows...

Candice deleted her Facebook because she has gone into lockdown and will be entering the house on Wednesday night as the new intruder. Then next week, Cat's ex-husband arrives.

I'm kidding of course, that would be a terrible idea. Channel 9 are probably loving that they've got another cheating couple in the house this year. It might help salvage the ratings again.
They did it once before in season 7, although that was an ex-boyfriend..it was Billy, he was Hayley's ex so it's not unheard of for them to search out intruders from the him's personal acquaintances. Personally, I'd love to see it.

Usually I don't put blame on someone that is going after someone that is in a committed relationship. But Cat is certainly partially to blame in this situation. You've seriously got to question her intentions as being a 30 year old woman that is going after a less than mature 23 year old, is she just really fucked up still from her marriage? I'd really like to know about her ex husband. People on this forum and the Cat in the hat forum are saying that Cat felt real empathy and was deliberating about the situation for weeks... The only empathy she felt towards Lawson was if he was going to "hurt HER" "not make HER time in the house enjoyable" "make things awkward for HER". She felt NO remorse or shared a second thought (that we know of from what has been aired) about how his girlfriend would feel or any remorse to the life that Lawson and his partner had been building together for the past 5 years. His partner was simply collateral damage in Cat's quest to win $200,000.

On the other hand, Lawson is just pathetic. He has no respect for his partner. Any attempt of pushing Cat away was unrecognised as serious to Cat. Remember, he never made it clear that he didn't want her launching herself at him because he NEVER didn't want it to happen. He was interested in her from the start. Lawson quite easily and willingly cheated on his long term partner within a month of meeting Cat. Really makes you think about his loyalty towards his partner before the show. Really awesome stuff Lawson. So glad that the life him and his partner built together over the past five years was less important than getting his dick wet. Woohoo.

OMG!

Some posters (psychological need, IMO) to not acknowledge and accept what has incrementally evolved leading to the conclusion of simply this "Lawson has cheated, emotionally and physically" worries me.

The excuses given for Lawson being young, inexperienced, drunk and a victim to seduction - are not accepted by those of us who have lived a little. Nor those of us in relationships who have been hit on and have known it was "OUR" responsibility at the end of the day to set and keep boundaries to respect and keep our relationships intact.

Cheating can (only) occur if two tango. We are not victims to seduction no matter how strong or repetitive another is. We (Lawson) are responsible for our decisions. Say "No" Say it loudly, say it clearly and repeatedly as necessary and don't put ourselves in vulnerable positions.

You need to look at the situation for what it is. As I just said in another thread Lawson is seperated from his gf in every way but emotionally.... for all we know this could be the first time in 5 years..... and this isn't just a long distance relationship this is no contact at all. Think of all those things you miss and crave when a relationship ends how easy it is to go into a rebound relationship just to get those things.... ok so even though he's technically not "split" with his gf he's still human there's no reason to think he's not going through all those feelings.... so what does Cat do? Offer him those things every chance she gets ;)
And no I'm no fan of either but she really makes me sick

yeah 23 is not that young but in my opinion there is a huge gap in emotional maturity between 23 and 31.

After all the situations I have lived through or witnessed in my own life... I feel like early 20's is like a crucial age, where if people are ever going to have a mature attitude, they've got it by then. If they don't, chances are they never will. I've dealt with some seriously immature in their 30s and 40s lately.

A maturity gap between a 23 year old and a 31 year old, could be in either direction.

I personally wouldn't go in there unless I was single who even knows if their relationship was going good but still shouldn't cheat on national tv! I love lawson one f my fav but ppl will def b turned off him now

OMG!
Cheating can (only) occur if two tango. We are not victims to seduction no matter how strong or repetitive another is. We (Lawson) are responsible for our decisions. Say "No" Say it loudly, say it clearly and repeatedly as necessary and don't put ourselves in vulnerable positions.
I think in normal circumstances this is easy but these people are stuck in a house and cant leave it, having to rely on each other for any affection or stimulation. Cat pretty much took him to her cougar cave and kept chipping at him (more so than any chance she would have in the real world) at least with the house theres a few rooms to escape to, they were stuck in one room for the night. Lawson is also aware every move he makes will be up for speculation so saying no to Cat or rejecting her bluntly would make the bitch cry and make him look like an asshole in the process which is what Cat wants.

they are both at their prime sexual peak too.

Capture.PNG

On his BBAU Facebook page.... Jason Leeder is obviously Candice's brother.. He's all muscley.. He probably will flog Lawson lol

Im not sure if this has been mentioned but i found Candice Leeder's pinterst account and my heart sank. Basically majority of her likes are related to weddings!. I have been with my partner from the age of 15 and I’m now 21 so close to 6 years this October. I also love looking at wedding ideas and photos because i know i have found my soul mate (i know everyone thinks I’m young but i guess some people found theirs young, other late, and some never do). I can’t imagine how she must be feeling right now because i guess she felt they were going to get married...

http://www.pinterest.com/candiceleeder/likes/

E
DIT:
The last two likes are also very interesting
‘ I really need stop saying how stupid can you be? Some people are starting to take it as a personal challenge’- she liked it from an account that posted it 4 days ago

And one posted 9 days ago’ The reason i swear so much is because fuck you'

Oh dear, poor chick....clearly she has completely built up her entire future with Lawson in it, hence the wedding pics....I really hope she has some amazing friends and family supporting her right now...oh and a massive bottle of vodka thrown in with some valiums LOL

Back