Skip to main content

The Sims 4

Lottie

let 'em spill their guts
Just looking for thoughts on the Sims 4 for anyone who has played it.
How do you think it compares to previous versions? Are you a fan of the changes?
Likes/Dislikes? What are you hoping to see in future expansion packs?

I'll certainly get it later in the year. I admit, though, my fave has been the Sims 1 Superstar. But I'm lame old school.

Its take a little while to get used to it, epically if you like open world, along with the new art style.
I'm thinks its a pretty good game, and it runs flawlessly.
My system doesn't even meet recommend specs, and yet I have left the graphic on default (High) and I have no experience lag.
I love it! although I do miss open world

Just a tip - If you're in Australia I saw Target advertising Sims 4 for $58, as opposed to around $90 on steam. Makes taking a punt on the new game a little more palatable. I haven't bought it yet, most likely will and did upgrade my computer in case I wanted to (plus last computer was a crashy mccrashy).

I bought it and I love it. Although at first I was really disappointed. No open world, loading screens, no toddlers, no pools etc.
- BUT there IS MULTI-TASKING! It's amazing. now your family can sit around the table, eat dinner, have a drink AND have a conversation.
- There is different party options where you can earn a bronze, silver or gold medal by completing mini tasks.
- Your childrens grades don't only depend on doing homework but also their attitude when going to school and doing little tasks required.
- I love all the little skill tasks the children can now have and the different ways they can max their skills out.
- Your sims can get fat if they keep eating fatty foods and don't exercise.

I ordered mine day before yesterday,the courier should deliver it today. @lavenderbliss @Woofie @Lottie and everyone else we should share our Sims 4 pics and stories in this thread.Also maybe our EA usernames at the forum so we can download each other sims etc from the exchange

I ordered mine day before yesterday,the courier should deliver it today. @lavenderbliss @Woofie @Lottie and everyone else we should share our Sims 4 pics and stories in this thread.Also maybe our EA usernames at the forum so we can download each other sims etc from the exchange

I've never been much of online Sim player.. I'm pretty noobish in that aspect. I don't know how to take a picture and upload it online and I don't use the sim exchange. I do love TSR for downloads though but thats about it.

I've never been much of online Sim player.. I'm pretty noobish in that aspect. I don't know how to take a picture and upload it online and I don't use the sim exchange. I do love TSR for downloads though but thats about it.

To take a picture in game you use the in-game camera and then you will find it in your screenshots folder.You can just upload it here from there

I've found with the Sims 4 it is easier to have multiple sims in your main family again, which is something I missed in the sims 3. Although they've made the sims 4 a lot more "simple" to play, which I feel will take away from the replay-ability. Hopefully that changes with future expansions.

Once I've taken more screengrabs in game, I'll start posting them.

Another thing I miss is the "cell phone" features, like blogging and taking selfies.

what do you guys mean by 'open world'?
what was the open world aspect of sims 3?

open world is that they could leave their house and go anywhere they wanted,via car or bike or running.You would hold your mouse over your sim and follow along.I miss that and havent had much chance to play Sims 4 so cant really give too many opinions on it

what do you guys mean by 'open world'?
what was the open world aspect of sims 3?
In the sims 3 the whole world (apart from holiday towns) was open, no loading screens. There was plently of shops to go to and venues.
In the sims 4, you can only walk around to the 4 or 5 houses on your block anywhere else you get taken there by loading screen. The only visit-able venues are a park, the library, the museum and I can't remember the fourth.

I bought it and I love it. Although at first I was really disappointed. No open world, loading screens, no toddlers, no pools etc.
- BUT there IS MULTI-TASKING! It's amazing. now your family can sit around the table, eat dinner, have a drink AND have a conversation.
- There is different party options where you can earn a bronze, silver or gold medal by completing mini tasks.
- Your childrens grades don't only depend on doing homework but also their attitude when going to school and doing little tasks required.
- I love all the little skill tasks the children can now have and the different ways they can max their skills out.
- Your sims can get fat if they keep eating fatty foods and don't exercise.

I have been playing Sims for many years and have been contemplating buying Sims 4. You say your enjoying it, tell me do you think you will ever play your old Sims games again or will Sims 4 be the only one for you. Thanks in advance.

I have been playing Sims for many years and have been contemplating buying Sims 4. You say your enjoying it, tell me do you think you will ever play your old Sims games again or will Sims 4 be the only one for you. Thanks in advance.

I won't play it but ever since Sims 1, I've never gone back to the old games once they release the new one. I think once we start getting expansion packs for Sims 4 it will be even better and will hopefully become the game everybody wanted.

---
Does anybody download custom content? I'm having trouble doing so.. I got a new laptop which has Windows 8 and it's saying I need to download a program to open and install the .package file. I googled it and someone recommended 7 Zip but it's not working... Any ideas?

I've been seriously hoping everyone said it was shit... I'm incredibly tempted to purchase but my life will be gone haha

I won't play it but ever since Sims 1, I've never gone back to the old games once they release the new one. I think once we start getting expansion packs for Sims 4 it will be even better and will hopefully become the game everybody wanted.

---
Does anybody download custom content? I'm having trouble doing so.. I got a new laptop which has Windows 8 and it's saying I need to download a program to open and install the .package file. I googled it and someone recommended 7 Zip but it's not working... Any ideas?
mts is like the sims destination imo. they would have custom installers and all that sort of thing.

Back