Skip to main content

Where Are They Now?

1410132479144_wps_29_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turt.jpg

Tim & Tully at the premiere of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie last night.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/08/1410132479144_wps_29_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turt.jpg

That Bradley thing, wouldn't surprise me.
Really? If that's real then I'm surprised...He did seem like a geeky straight guy for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were Sam12, Matthew13 and Ed13 coming out.

Well, I dunno, but for me, the stereotype has always been that hunky guys are gay rather than geeky guys...

Is this real?

I'd be surprised if it was. Didn't he have that embarrassing crush on Estelle? One of the earliest storylines of BB2012 was the whole "poor, sad, heartbroken Bradley" storyline.

Granted, he could have been trying to use the whole Estelle thing as a cover up, or he could simply be bisexual, but eh, I don't really care too much. Bradley was irritating, and only became more irritating when they tried to turn him into the star of the show.

I'd be surprised if it was. Didn't he have that embarrassing crush on Estelle? One of the earliest storylines of BB2012 was the whole "poor, sad, heartbroken Bradley" storyline.

Granted, he could have been trying to use the whole Estelle thing as a cover up, or he could simply be bisexual, but eh, I don't really care too much. Bradley was irritating, and only became more irritating when they tried to turn him into the star of the show.

Ugh, I forgot about this obsession with Estelle. Dismal.

Former Big Brother contestant Nathan Little speaks out about child sexual abuse

655360-26140ef8-37c4-11e4-a343-9e6c16704359.jpg

Former Big Brother contestant Nathan Little posing for a #whoRUprotecting selfie to raise awareness for child sexual assault victims. Source: Supplied

ONE in five Australian children will be sexually assaulted before their 18th birthday.
It’s a horrifying statistic that former Big Brother contestant Nathan Little knows first hand.
“I had a very violent and sexually abusive upbringing. I grew up in a rural community where abuse was quite rampant. My father was an alcoholic and was very abusive. He committed suicide when I was 13,” the 36-year-old told news.com.au.
“I was living alone with my father when the abuse began and I just didn’t know what to do.
I knew it was wrong and I knew I wanted it to stop, but I also knew if I reported it he would go to jail and I would have no one, so I was scared.
657503-9d89bc02-37bb-11e4-a343-9e6c16704359.jpg

Nathan was the ‘intruder’ on last year’s season of Big Brother. Source: Supplied
I also wanted to protect him. That’s something a lot of people don’t understand; the instinct to protect the person abusing you.
I was terrified, absolutely terrified and I hated the abuse but he was still my dad and I loved him. There was so much fear and confusion.
That’s the horrible thing — the sense of guilt and shame you have. Even though you might know intellectually something isn’t your fault, it’s still embarrassing and shameful. That’s why I think it’s so important, for men in particular, to talk about it.
655412-93d95c32-37c3-11e4-a343-9e6c16704359.jpg

Nathan’s father committed suicide when he was 13 years old. Source: Supplied

I had low self-esteem growing up and I found it hard to trust people because the person I trusted the most was the complete opposite of what most fathers I saw on TV looked like. I developed a drug and alcohol dependence.
To be honest the full impact of the abuse didn’t hit me until I was in my 30s.
It was then that I came to terms with happened when I was younger.
I couldn’t recognise people who were bad for me because I had only been in bad relationships.
I’m in my first long term relationship now actually. My partner and I celebrated our one year anniversary recently. He’s very accepting and we talk about things together.
655440-948c53a0-37c3-11e4-a343-9e6c16704359.jpg

Nathan (right) and his partner Ross. Source: Supplied

I think [sexual abuse] really confronts a man’s sense of masculinity.
I’m gay so I’m usually attacked over my sense of masculinity anyway, but men don’t tend to talk about these things.
Dealing with the fact that I am gay was a whole separate issue.
But I felt like I had to justify my abuse to people. It became a talking point — ‘Do you think that’s why you’re gay?’ That was very frustrating.
Working with other victims of child sexual abuse has been a really positive experience for me.
I can’t have those tough conversations with my father, because he’s dead. I can’t communicate those feelings to him so being able to talk to other people who have had a similar experience, I can start to repair the past.
657583-94427b9a-37c3-11e4-a343-9e6c16704359.jpg

Nathan as a kid. Source: Supplied

I’ve received so many letters from children who were bullied for being gay or geeky in high school. These poor kids are looking up to me because I’m a guy who was on TV for two seconds. So I thought if I talked about my experience with abuse people would be more open to talking about it and sharing their experiences. All I can do is direct kids to talk to people they can trust.
The biggest way we can protect our children is to raise them with a sense of self-confidence and self esteem, because abusers target those who don’t have a lot of confidence or who appear more vulnerable than others.
If we can raise children to respect themselves it can go a long way to fixing child abuse in Australia.”
657609-93383d5c-37c3-11e4-a343-9e6c16704359.jpg

Nathan and The Block’s Scott Cam. Source: Supplied

Mr Little is a Bravehearts ambassador and is publicly sharing his personal story for the first time in the lead up to White Balloon Day, with the aim of raising much needed funds and support for child sex abuse victims.
If you or someone you know is looking for support call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Bravehearts on 1800 272 831.
To donate to Bravehearts and find out more about White Balloon Day visit whiteballoonday.org.au.
Do you have a personal story you’d like to share? Email us at [email protected] or get in touch via Twitter @newscomauhq | @beck_sullivan

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/former-big-brother-contestant-nathan-little-speaks-out-about-child-sexual-abuse/story-20escape&itmt=1410237100642

So do we know if Bradley is actually serious or was it a Frape? I don't wanna organise or attend any welcome to the gaybourhood parties for him, because, well, you know
tumblr_mogjc9N7MI1snpc3lo1_500.gif

So do we know if Bradley is actually serious or was it a Frape? I don't wanna organise or attend any welcome to the gaybourhood parties for him, because, well, you know
tumblr_mogjc9N7MI1snpc3lo1_500.gif
Good on Bradley... I didn't pick that one though, he seemed way too excited when he got kisses from the girls in the house!
It wasn't real. Somebody else wrote that under his name.

I was on his Twitter yesterday and there was nothing about his 'coming out'.

I need to refresh the memory.
Who was the guy who got eliminated, tapped his mouth, refused to talk and had that 'free the refugees' sign?

"Odd' - hmm, yes he stood out, articulate & intelligent, & gently charming, rare in the yobbo 10 years.
He became a pin up for thinking women :)
And he has been one of the most successful ex BBHMs in media careers, along with Chrissie Swan, and Blair.
He is a decent human being.
(oh and by the way Conn, students back then didn't 'join student unions" you paid compulsory fees and automatically became a union member).

Tim Brunero presents for both ABC TV and Radio. Working with Jane Hutcheon’s One Plus One program on ABC1 and News24 Tim asks the curly questions of everyone from our bravest warriors, to inspirational educators, to top spin doctors.

On ABC Local Radio Tim regularly presents the national Overnights show and works on other countrywide programming including Conversations with Richard Fidler, Tony Delroy’s Nightlife, and Sundays with James O’Loghlin. He also works on 702 ABC Sydney.

Tim came to TV and Radio from print and online. After working at The Daily Telegraph and The Australian he showed off his inner larrikin writing for The Chaser newspaper and later blogging weekly for The Chaser website, mixing both written and video content back when internet publishing was in its infancy.

Tim soon moved into TV hosting award winning ‘chat show on steroids’Dare I Ask? and the information packed Small Biz Central. He also travelled to East Timor to make documentary Hands Across The Waterand appeared weekly as a panellist on Channel 10’s Big Mouth.

After a foray into radio working at Sydney’s 2GB and 2SER Tim decided a move was in order.

He packed his tiny city car to the brim and set off from Sydney across the Hay plain to take up a position as breakfast presenter at Radio Adelaide. Soon he was presenting at the city’s top rating station 5AA.

After an action packed South Australian sojourn he returned to Sydney to take up his current position at the ABC.

Several years ago I saw Tim at Coles Broadway (Sydney) so I stopped him to let him know that I appreciated watching him in the house. He was warm, chatty and friendly so much so that the friend I was with actually thought that we knew each other. Even I was surprised that he stopped (I think he had a cold too) as long as he did to chat. Top bloke. Good politics!

Back