Skip to main content

Eviction Speculation - Single or Pair Evictions?

gobbledock

What are you all thinking? BB said that they would be sleep, be rewarded, nominate and be nominated as pairs. But no mention of what would happen with evictions.

Will we have to save a couple or just save our singular faves?

Because of the shorter 80 days and with 16 housemates going in (plus intruders more than likely), I'm thinking we might start off for the first few evictions getting rid of couples. Which I actually don't love the idea of, cause some great housemates will likely be dragged out with less interesting characters.

I think they'll be evicted as singles, once up for nominations as pairs. Then I suppose the remaining partner from the couple will get tee'd up with an intruder? Or they'll drop the pair thing after a few weeks? It would be horrible to have them evicted as pairs...

I kinda want them to actually stick with the 'twist' and actually evict in pairs also.

But there are individual people I like in pairs I dont like. I like the idea of couples up, two people out but evicted individually. Then new couples made or something.

I think it's absolutely insane to do a double eviction every week - if they go down that route, they will have to have to bring in intruders pretty quickly. Even at 80 days, a double a week is still too much, and lots of intruders are a bad idea. The alternative is they'll do doubles for a few weeks, put only 2-4 intruders in and then revert back to playing as singles around the midway point. That's still a dumb idea though. Another alternative is they will hold evictions every week and do something special on non-eviction weeks, like a live rearrangement of the housemate pairs.

I think it's more likely that we'll see single evictions though. I can't see Sonia trying to do an interview with two housemates on stage at once - that's just silly. I imagine housemates who end up on their own after their partner is evicted will either receive the power or a special punishment for that week. After an eviction returns the house to an even amount of housemates, that lone housemate will then pair up with the next housemate to lose their partner and they will then become that week's power couple. I imagine we'll be saving individually, but I think they might even try a week long vote to save on the couples, and then an instant jump-in vote on who stays out of the couple with the lowest votes to save. We saw how they used jump-in votes during the voice this year, and they did imply it'd have a bigger role than it did last year, so that could be it...

Another alternative... housemates who lose their partner in an eviction will then be able to choose another couple to join up with and form a threesome... over time, you might see the house slowly developing its own different factions of power. Imagine if you end up with two teams, one containing 7 housemates and the other only 3. That's unlikely though, I would think.

I think they might do the whole "so you think you can dance" type thing were your partner gets evicted so you fly solo and until another person becomes evicted and the two solo people become a team

Well if all HM's were evicted in pairs the show would be over damn quick so pretty sure it will be individual evictions - though the idea of maybe the first couple of evictions being done in pairs sure could mess with the HM's heads. :)

I would say it's a single eviction & the person who loses their partner will hold the power until someone else is evicted, then it will be even & a pair will then have the power.

What about if it's a double eviction for the first week or two with two pairs nominated, and only one from each nominated pair going. That'd suit me.

Btw, did they mention if it's vote to save or vote to evict this year?

What about if it's a double eviction for the first week or two with two pairs nominated, and only one from each nominated pair going. That'd suit me.

Alex stated in the Q&A that as long as he is involved in the show, vote to save will be the voting method of choice. I have to agree with him, it has made the show so much better. I think it makes evictions a much less negative process too, instead of making evictions about the housemates we hate most, it makes it about the ones we love most. The evictee is greeted with a graph of how many people loved them, and not how many people hated them. It seems less mean-spirited than the vote to evict.

I do occasionally like vote to evict in some situations though... namely when you have a house full of assholes, as so often is the case in the UK.

For sure it will have to be evict in pairs. Not sure of the logistics, but evicting in pairs will not work.

They didn't, but Alex has said that while he is in charge it will always be vote to save.

I'm fairly confident that it will be double evictions as pairs, however the pairs thing will only last until The Block finishes. When BB returns to 7.30, that's when we'll get the shake up.

Maybe single housemates become the power housemates for the week and are safe from nominations until the point where the game reverts back to singles?

I'm fairly confident that it will be double evictions as pairs, however the pairs thing will only last until The Block finishes. When BB returns to 7.30, that's when we'll get the shake up.
Good thinking 99 !

I think it will be nomited as pairs,
Come Sunday night or Monday, which ever is eviction night

The pair with the lest amount of votes will be up, and the remaining HM will pick which of the pair to save.

I have been wondering about this too...maybe they will be nominated in pairs and then at some stage have to compete against their partner for votes, with the public choosing between them? I haven't explained that very well! Look forward to seeing how it all pans out :)

Back