Skip to main content

2014 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Gretel today though, if her recent interview in 2012 on ABC's One Plus One show was anything to go by, she seems to now hold some sort of disaffection towards Big Brother and the time she spent hosting it. I don't blame her for the distaste however, considering the way she was unceremoniously dismissed in between seasons (personally, I will never be content with the fact that she never received the on-air send-off/farewell that she absolutely deserved) and I doubt she'd ever come back to it full-time... but we can dream, right? :p

P.S. The phone call interview at the BB08 Finale doesn't count as a send-off, btw.

'One housemate will have the ultimate power... and unleash the storm!' Big Brother Australia 2014 twist revealed in electrifying new promo

article-2733038-20C0A69D00000578-797_634x517.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2733038/Big-Brother-Australia-2014-twist-revealed-electrifying-new-promo.html#ixzz3BKV1WQsb

*Also posted in 'Sonia is Pregnant!' thread.
CHANNEL 9 Mornings and Big Brotherhost Sonia Kruger has announced she is pregnant at 48. The television beauty revealed more details about her pregnancy on her Mornings show today, explaining that she was given an egg by a good friend and went through IVF.
“I wanted to be really clear today on the show with our viewers and let everybody know that I did go through IVF and I did have an egg donor,” she explained to Richard Wilkins.

Full article @ http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-news-on-twitter/story-fnk826rj-1227034181751

And look who is joining 9, mmm!

Chrissie Swan as guest reporter on ACA
By DAVID KNOX on August 23, 2014 / Filed Under Programming 4
Chrissie Swan will step into A Current Affair as a special guest reporter on Monday night.

Swan, who recently gave an interview to Tracy Grimshaw will present a story on a mother and son who are both battling illness.

In one of the show’s feelgood moments, volunteers will help the family in need.

The appearance could well mark the beginning of a longer relationship with Nine for the former TEN star.

Monday at 7pm on Nine.

And, yes warm everyone up, dish her to viewers at that family sob story level. Leave the rest to her warm an engaging presence.
Voila, you have logie winning relief for Sonia during her pregnancy, things could get complicated.

I want Chrissie to host a BB spin-off, ala Big Mouth or something! She'd be amazing!
Just saw your tag-line. Not sure when you changed it but thank you for doing so. I appreciate it. Who is it in your avi photo?

(Yes, Chrissie would be an interesting choice. A panel of Chrissie, Tim B, Xavier and Tim D...maybe? And...hmm more female presence... Perhaps one or two of Heidi, Camilla or Vesna?)

Last edited:
SBS' Living with the Enemy v Nine's Big Brother: who needs enemies?

In an ironic twist of parallel programming, the reality show that started it all returns to our screens just as a local documentary series takes the original fishbowl idea to another level.

As Big Brother Australia enters its 11th season, still brandishing the "ultimate social experiment" banner, an SBS documentary series made by a former Big Brother producer puts diametrically opposed people inside each other's houses to watch them thrash out polarising issues of gay marriage, detention centres, immigration, Islam, the legalisation of marijuana and hunting (in that order)....

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/sbs-living-with-the-enemy-v-nines-big-brother-who-needs-enemies-20140825-1080hu.html#ixzz3BbWQeTPE

Big Brother recruits Aussie rules footy player for this year’s house
http://news.com.au/entertainment/tv/big-brother-recruits-aussie-rules-footy-player-for-this-years-house/story-fn8yvfst-1227042345948

AN AFL identity will be one of the contestants in this year’s Big Brother house, said the show’s executive producer, Alex Mavroidakis.

“One of them has flirted with greatness in Aussie Rules,” he said.

“So there will be a footy boy in there. I’m feeling very good about the housemates that we’ve chosen. I’m feeling very good about the house that we’ve built, and about the ideas that we’ve come up with.”

This isn’t the first time an AFL player has dabbled in reality TV. Former Adelaide Crows player Ryan Fitzgerald was a Big Brother contestant in 2004, and Collingwood’s Darren Jolly is currently appearing on The Block Glasshouse.

As of today (Sunday), the housemates for season 11 are in lockdown ahead of the September 8 launch. This means they are in a hotel for nine days with no phones, no internet and no news.

“Once they hit lockdown we can prepare them for the psychological experience,” Mavroidakis said.

“It really does take a rare kind of person with the resilience needed to go into the Big Brother house. A lot of people will read that and go, ‘What a load of bollocks’, but to be filmed 24 hours a day and have no contact with your family, or be able to text your loved ones, it’s quite confronting.”

The show’s host, Sonia Kruger, 49, announced last week that she is expecting her first child with TV executive partner Craig McPherson.

In an interview with The Australian Women’s Weekly, Kruger said close friend and egg donor who made the pregnancy possible.

She has opened up about her painful several-year journey to become a mum, admitting she is still “worried” about her high-risk pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back