Skip to main content

2014 House...

BB101

2013 House >>>
So, renovations, what do we know about them? When do they start? Will it be a big change?

We know nothing about it as of yet but I am expecting a big change considering last years house wasn't a huge difference compared to 2012. They never have a similar house 3 seasons in a row.

The house closed at the end of Jan.

Plans were drawn up. House has been emptied and walls are being taken out.

You will have to wait to find out more.

That is all.

The house closed at the end of Jan.

Plans were drawn up. House has been emptied and walls are being taken out.

You will have to wait to find out more.

That is all.

Wait you said that the house has been emptied, but how come there aren't any pic's on the BB site, and how come Tim and Tahan were in the house on channel 9?

That could of been filmed weeks ago maybe.

I think they should just pull the compound down, and start a new.
New camera runs, brand new set up, new everything

Wait you said that the house has been emptied, but how come there aren't any pic's on the BB site, and how come Tim and Tahan were in the house on channel 9?
That segment on Channel 9 with Tim and Tahan was filmed months ago.

in case anyones wondering, the nearmaps free trial only lets you view a small section of adelaide... :(

We know nothing about it as of yet but I am expecting a big change considering last years house wasn't a huge difference compared to 2012. They never have a similar house 3 seasons in a row.

Yeah I kind of get the feeling the 2012 series was trying the show again. Then 2013 was proof of concept it still works. So they didn't do much to the house, mainly superficial stuff. Also closing the house down in Jan, I'm pretty sure even before the 2012 season they didn't have anywhere near that much lead time.

Yeah I kind of get the feeling the 2012 series was trying the show again. Then 2013 was proof of concept it still works. So they didn't do much to the house, mainly superficial stuff. Also closing the house down in Jan, I'm pretty sure even before the 2012 season they didn't have anywhere near that much lead time.

They closed the house around the same time after the 2012 series too.

The Kitchen is normally outside the house, cause they get more interactions between housemates when its separated from the house, than when its inside the house.

The Kitchen is normally outside the house, cause they get more interactions between housemates when its separated from the house, than when its inside the house.

Yeah, this started accidentally the year they did the two houses.

Turned out really well, I remember some great stuff happening in that kitchen.

Looks like work is only just starting today/tomorrow on the house itself
As Alex posted on twitter saying the bulldozers are moving in,

I'd actually like to see the kitchen move back indoors and maybe use the outdoor room as a lounge room or bathroom? Something different...

The British version actually did bedrooms/loungerooms etc separated from the house and it worked nicely.

I think the difference with the Aussie version though is the house is very much centred around the garden, so it makes sense having the lounge and kitchen off the garden and then the bedrooms tucked away in the back of the main house.

I'd actually like to see the kitchen move back indoors and maybe use the outdoor room as a lounge room or bathroom? Something different...

The British version actually did bedrooms/loungerooms etc separated from the house and it worked nicely.

Actually, having the bathroom separated from the main house sounds good. It would take the comfort factor away. But with production wanting to keep the HMs indoors on occasions might mean they wouldn't do it.

Back