Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. And unfortunately for Leesa she blew it all and now those "laws to protect a person's good name..." are coming back to bite her in the ass.

"Free speech comes from facts, not rumours, and the intention must be constructive, not to do harm. There are laws to protect a person's good name and integrity against false information. There are laws against saying or writing things to incite hatred against others because of their culture, ethnicity or background. Freedom of speech is not an excuse to harm others."

exactly, there was no inciting of hate etc etc. It has not done any harm to tahan, in fact it seems she has been quite lucrative since she left bb. If it is ok to sue that blogger it is ok to sue you, me or anyone here. It's a joke.

Angus O'Loughlin &#8207 [MENTION=34565]angu[/MENTION]s_OL 4m
I'm off sick tonight guys but my main man [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer is holding down the forte and I've text him saying "play confident" by [MENTION=29229]Justin[/MENTION]bieber

tim dormer &#8207 [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer 1m
I'm flying solo on [MENTION=6324]bump[/MENTION]show tonight while [MENTION=34565]angu[/MENTION]s_OL spends his night spray painting his toilet #foodpoisoning #badburito

So Timmy will be hosting The Bump Show tonight.

What a great opportunity for Tim.

if she can successfully sue someone for their opinion, no matter how ridiculous it is, then goodbye next years forums. No one would be stupid enough to post their thoughts on the housemates because it will be open season. For someone as opinionated as tahan is you would think she would know how to take it. Isn't that what she signed up for, what did she think BB was anyway?

I think the difference is that leesa can be seen to have some kind of position of power with her following where her blogs presented as facts can be misinterpreted as truth. This was the case in regards to David, where she not only questioned his endorsement deals as being a relation to bb but also the fact that she put out there that his profession was used in a inappropriate way for a gain of power

OK I like to eat fairly healthy, but that juice looks like it would taste horrible. I thought that it is better for you to actually eat your fruit and veggies whole instead of in liquid form, something about chewing releases more of the good stuff. Oh IDK LOL.

Just think of it as a kiwi fruit drink :p

I actually live green juices. I really do. You need to know now to make them right and mint always makes it refreshing. But I'm weird like that

OK I like to eat fairly healthy, but that juice looks like it would taste horrible. I thought that it is better for you to actually eat your fruit and veggies whole instead of in liquid form, something about chewing releases more of the good stuff. Oh IDK LOL.

Yeah, I'm positive I could never drink something that colour, even if it gave me glossy hair and tasted like chocolate.

I think the difference is that leesa can be seen to have some kind of position of power with her following where her blogs presented as facts can be misinterpreted as truth. This was the case in regards to David, where she not only questioned his endorsement deals as being a relation to bb but also the fact that she put out there that his profession was used in a inappropriate way for a gain of power

i don't see how it is different to any opinion piece in a magazine or newspaper on any other blog, and it is so trivial, surely there are more important things to be concerned about. I don't see it impacting on anyones careers, they are all moving ahead quite nicely.

i don't think anyone of importance will be bothered with her little site so i don't think channel 9 or v8 racing will give a toss.

Imagine if Ben started hunting down all the people who claimed he was being favoured and that channel 9 was setting it up for him to win, or that he was a fake and liar etc. Or Tully going after people who claimed her relationship was fake etc. There are a lot of opinionated people here and i wouldn't be laughing if it were any of us in the firing line.
I think the difference with say Ben or Tully is that there weren't accusations made that 4 or 5 massive organisations were involved in an elaborate scheme to defraud the public and have them win 250k. They couldn't go after someone for their opinion but you can go after someone if they state something as a fact, as Leesa did and don't have any proof to back it up. What she said about two tv stations, the V8s, etc is pretty full on and people said the same thing on this forum at the time. If I started a rumour about you that you're cheating on your husband, publish a blog about it, start attacking you on social media, etc... you would have just as much of a right to send me a "stop it or else" letter from your lawyer as Tahan and David do now even though there wouldn't be any 'brands' involved. Knowing you though I think you'd just come kick my ass from here to eternity. But if what I had said had reached your employer, your church, whatever and had damaged you somehow it'd be understandable if you did what they're doing now. At some point enough's enough. And like I said, either something has happened again within the past 2 days to spark this off now or their lawyer has been spending time going through all the crap Leesa has said and done on her blog, Twitter and Facebook to determine they do in fact have grounds for taking this further if they need to.

I actually live green juices. I really do. You need to know now to make them right and mint always makes it refreshing. But I'm weird like that

please i need a recipe. I sooo wanted to try green juicing, i love my greens and it looks so refreshing and healthy, but blurrrrgghgh. I so want to enjoy smoothies and juicing....

Yeah, I'm positive I could never drink something that colour, even if it gave me glossy hair and tasted like chocolate.

I can usually will myself into liking something if I know it's good for me, but that drink would be a pretty hard sell TBH. :)

please i need a recipe. I sooo wanted to try green juicing, i love my greens and it looks so refreshing and healthy, but blurrrrgghgh. I so want to enjoy smoothies and juicing....
Start off with an apple and carrot one. And then once you get used to that (I actually loved it after the first one so you might too), start slowly introducing the green elements ie celery, spinach, kale, etc. Some people are full on and can just do all green elements but I find it too tart and wacko. The apple provides the sweetness and tricks your mind into forgetting that your drink is actually green sludge. :)

Start off with an apple and carrot one. And then once you get used to that (I actually loved it after the first one so you might too), start slowly introducing the green elements ie celery, spinach, kale, etc. Some people are full on and can just do all green elements but I find it too tart and wacko. The apple provides the sweetness and tricks your mind into forgetting that your drink is actually green sludge. :)

i actually did have a carrot one with some apple and it was do-able....and i added some ginger which was nice. I think i need to de-stalk kale/spinach instead of being lazy because it gives a god awful woody after taste. Maybe i wont give up on the green juices just yet then. :)

i don't see how it is different to any opinion piece in a magazine or newspaper on any other blog, and it is so trivial, surely there are more important things to be concerned about. I don't see it impacting on anyones careers, they are all moving ahead quite nicely.

I suppose so, but I guess we don't really know how it has impacted David. Surely if a letter has been sent out, there are grounds to why this is the case? I do see what you are saying Jo-bot, but I also think when you are in a position where your blogs can be seen as truths, and that person wants to try and make a living of making blogs (leesa has given reason she is being paid or endorsed for her blogs), then they need to learn how to be professional and not abuse their found power. Btw, newspapers and magazines are sued quite often then we are aware of.

Well I'm known for it in my family lol, and my hubby is swears off any kind of weird looking healthy crap as he likes to call it, has enjoyed some of my creations. You might need to start of in baby steps.

My fave is a kiwi fruit, spinach, blueberries with lemon juice and orange, mint leaves and oats if you want.

Well I'm known for it in my family lol, and my hubby is swears off any kind of weird looking healthy crap as he likes to call it, has enjoyed some of my creations. You might need to start of in baby steps.

My fave is a kiwi fruit, spinach, blueberries with lemon juice and orange, mint leaves and oats if you want.

We make juices like that for our 2 year old, he is a picky eater but will drink smoothies. we just use different fresh fruits and veggies, hopefully when he is bigger he will eat his veggies better. he does love fresh fruit though. specially watermelon and grapes.

tee_smyth
18 minutes ago · Gordon's Bay
Luna does Gordon's Bay. Bikini: kookai_australia Sunnies: @sportsgirl #gordons #summer #lunawildfang ☀️

fc2ce5e8608b11e3bb0012c463b4fba8_8.jpg

tee_smyth
12 minutes ago
Ciders on the roof. #summerinsydney ☀️

eb473322608c11e3a1e80a50b3739fdc_8.jpg

We make juices like that for our 2 year old, he is a picky eater but will drink smoothies. we just use different fresh fruits and veggies, hopefully when he is bigger he will eat his veggies better. he does love fresh fruit though. specially watermelon and grapes.

My kids are the same. They love their fruit more. It's the sweetness they like. They do like broccoli though.

I think juices/smoothies are good for all ages. It a great way to add nutrition to the body

Yeah of course there's a distinction between civil and criminal law and it would be a civil matter. People are assuming Tahan/David are attempting to sue Leesa. I suspect it's more of a cease and desist letter listing the inaccuracies she's spouted as truth against not only them but several organisations. If she doesn't stfu then they have grounds for a civil suit. That's one of the things that always baffle me since moving here... so many people get on their high horse about the US and how they don't want Australia to be anything like it but then I hear this whole "free speech" thing thrown around when it quite simply doesn't exist here. Yeah the cops won't show up at your door for saying you don't like a HM or whatever but if you make accusations that could damage a brand or image - in this case David's, Tahan's, Channel 9, Channel 7, V8s, Bottle-O and whomever else she railed at - then you better have the proof to back that stuff up if asked for it. If not, you can find yourself in a hell of a lot of trouble.

"Free speech" is kinda inherited through common law. However, if someone PUBLICLY makes statements about an IDENTIFIABLE person or organisation that may IMPACT on their REPUTATION - they've committed defamation. Full stop. There are three main defences, only two of which are usually relied on (I can't even remember the third one off the top of my head) - truth (what they said is true) and public interest (not that it's interesting gossip, but that having the info out and about is a good thing for the public to know about).

Amazing what 1/4 of a law degree can teach you ...

Fricken pissing down rain in Melbourne and I'm in a hoodie and fleece socks. These two are a 90 minute flight away, traipsing around with their hot bods, sitting on a roof drinking cider and just looking all around yummy. Something's not right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back