Skip to main content

Which Housemate was treated the worst?

I felt bad for Rebecca in 07. She was so lovely but wasn't as outspoken as the others and only had a few friends.

Kate from that same season, too. She was 1st evicted though.

Oh I forgot about Rebecca. Her biggest problem was she could not get past the fact that Emma did not like her. Emma was pretty nasty towards her at times though. I remember one incident when the HMs were in the lounge talking about making a homemade version of an LCM bar and Rebecca said what the ingredients were or something like that and Emma completely ignored her.

And Kate was another person that Emma did not get along with... Hmmm I'm starting to see a pattern.

Sarah Marie

It was how they treated her that got me watching in the first place, they were horrible.

The idea of BB revolted me, I thought it was a disgusting idea and we would see shameful creeps doing icky stuff.
I didn't watch the first part when Andi was there.

My family were glued to the TV from day one, I started to get sucked in by SM, and how horrible they were to her at first.
I really felt concern for SM, this wonderful girl full of life and they kept nominating her and picking on her - and she triumphed over them.

I believe that in the case of Belinda (2003), when she entered the house she admitted to the other housemates that she lied all the way through auditions, telling everyone that she was a lusty, lascivious kind of girl seeking 'love' in the BB house. In reality she was a conservative girl and I think she had a boyfriend anyway so wasn't actually going to be doing any 'romance' on the show.

First evictee of that year, Irena, describes the event in this article: http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-de...1152240487474.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap2

Irena says that when the other housemates learned of this there was a 'massive row', which was shown on air. However Belinda's confession was not, so audiences never knew why the other housemates disliked Belinda.

Belinda later admitted that a member of her family was involved in a serious crime but that details were suppressed as the person was under 18 at the time. She whispered this to Carlo who was horrified. I am pretty sure this was shown as part of the edited episodes but maybe cut from broadcasts in the state in question (Queensland).

Last edited:
I believe that in the case of Belinda (2003), when she entered the house she admitted to the other housemates that she lied all the way through auditions, telling everyone that she was a lusty, lascivious kind of girl seeking 'love' in the BB house. In reality she was a conservative girl and I think she had a boyfriend anyway so wasn't actually going to be doing any 'romance' on the show.

First evictee of that year, Irena, describes the event in this article: http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-de...1152240487474.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap2

Irena says that when the other housemates learned of this there was a 'massive row', which was shown on air. However Belinda's confession was not, so audiences never knew why the other housemates disliked Belinda.

Belinda later admitted that a member of her family was involved in a serious crime but that details were suppressed as the person was under 18 at the time. She whispered this to Carlo who was horrified. I am pretty sure this was shown as part of the edited episodes but maybe cut from broadcasts in the state in question (Queensland).

Yes - her sister was involved in a murder - with other people - in Toowoomba, and it was yet to go to court then.

I honestly don't know how some of you remember so much about past seasons of the show. I have watched every year and my memory is pretty bad for a lot of past seasons.

I can't however recall anything as bad as what went on last year with Estelle. Travis was treated shit from the likes of Nobbi, however with Estelle it was not just people being shitheads trying to be funny. Excusing shit behaviour by it being a 'joke.' It was deliberate, targeted and on mass by a bulk of housemates. Long term and never ceasing.

Estelle was really the center point for the horrible attitudes by certain housemates. Where they simply believed they were better than others, which entitled them to treat others poorly. That those people some how deserved to be treated poorly because they simply weren't as good as them.

It was a real group bullying exercise. That's what sets it apart. It was about excluding people and making their time in the house worse. There was no level of trying to get along, trying to live together, trying to be nice. There was also a really strong blame the victim for the bullying attitude. They're less deserving, so we can treat them like shit. They're weird, they haven't been evicted year so there for it's their fault we're horrible.

The attitude Ben and Stacey had towards Estelle was just fucked up. Although not as fucked up by the people on here and else where who seemed to condone and support such behavior. Being sucked into the bullying bandwagon along with the weaker housemates in the show. Through the TV they convinced viewers that someone like Estelle didn't deserve to be happy, that she deserved and it was fine for her to be treated like shit.

Ben and Stacey actively discussed on the show about making Estelle's time more miserable. They went about trying to take away the things in the house that made her happy. They couldn't even let people be and do their thing. That didn't believe others out of their group deserved anything good.

That is why it's the worse. It's torturing people day in and day out.

Literally after they had isolated her from the group. Treated her as an unwelcome outside in 'their' house. She was still there, one thing she enjoyed was playing with her horse stick. Something she did which didn't involve anyone else. It gave her some enjoyment. So they broke it on her. Zoe took that stick in her hands and snapped it. Simply because Estelle liked it, it gave her others and pleasure to destroy something of Estelle's that she liked. The justification? Estelle existed and was in the house still. They couldn't even let her be happy or get enjoyment in ways that didn't involve anyone else.

When Ava came in and bonded with Estelle. They also actively discussed and planned to try and break that up. Estelle couldn't even have a friend according to them. She didn't 'deserve' it. Luckily unlike a piece of wood they were unable to break it.

Oh I forgot about Rebecca. Her biggest problem was she could not get past the fact that Emma did not like her. Emma was pretty nasty towards her at times though. I remember one incident when the HMs were in the lounge talking about making a homemade version of an LCM bar and Rebecca said what the ingredients were or something like that and Emma completely ignored her.

And Kate was another person that Emma did not get along with... Hmmm I'm starting to see a pattern.

You can pretty much say everyone in the 07 house was treated badly by Emma, she was such a bitch to everyone! I don't know how anyone could tolerate living with her. But yes, Rebecca especially so. Rebecca was slightly annoying but she only ever had the best intentions for everyone. Basically the opposite to Emma.

In the context of Big Brother, people will treat people how they want to treat them.

If you don't like someone, you're not going to treat them well...

I tend to ignore people I don't like. I'll just nod my head and leave you mid-sentence to talk to my actual friends :p

I believe this conflict between Emma and Rebecca was when someone suggested making Chocolate crackles but Rebecca earned withering scorn from Emma for accidentally mentioning ingredients for Rice Krispies Treats - i.e. marshmallow.:eek:

I believe this conflict between Emma and Rebecca was when someone suggested making Chocolate crackles but Rebecca earned withering scorn from Emma for accidentally mentioning ingredients for Rice Krispies Treats - i.e. marshmallow.:eek:

Oh yeah that's right, I knew it was something to do with one of those foods. What a cow was Emma, her most used line was "I'm not being nasty but...." goes on to say something nasty.

In the context of Big Brother, people will treat people how they want to treat them.

If you don't like someone, you're not going to treat them well...

I tend to ignore people I don't like. I'll just nod my head and leave you mid-sentence to talk to my actual friends :p

LOL

And we at home can never really know what is going on, we see them form the groups and stuff but not always what the hell is really going on.

Emma was a bitch I hated, but Bec was an annoying religious weirdo, in real life I would be hanging out with neither.

Belinda was a sad nutjob, she freaked them out. And she was coming on to one of those douche guys. They all sucked.

Estelle, at first was on an ascending story arc, and allover a lot of guys, that girl did something that repulsed most of them.
All of them sucked, all were fake last year, really fake.
Michael Beveridge so repulsed me, I could not understand how he was popular, such a pretentious bore.
In hindsight don't you look back on them all with a mmm, they all were fake as the sugar sisters hair extensions.

Oh thank you. Yeah she was an outsider during her time in the house. I don't think she was the HM who was treated the worst though I just remember feeling bad for her.

She was treated pretty badly. All the guys made fun of her and Dino called her ugly. He talked so rudely about her. I don't know about all of BB, but she was definitely the most abused her season considering she wasn't even in there that long.

Oh yes, also Travis from 08. He was treated horribly by the male bullies - Rory, Nobbi and their pet Ben. The guy's bad treatment was physical in nature - he was scrawny and short, whilst those 'men' were built and tall. They treated him like how high school bullies would treat their victim - pushing, shoving, etc.
In light of the recent events with Tim and Estelle, I still stand by this comment from 2013. Odd that only too few mentioned Travis - Probably because he is a dude and I think people don't mind bullying as much when the victim is a male, especially a grown man.

Interesting bump. Reading my comment about Estelle, besides the cringe at some typos, it is similar to what I have recently written on here about it. Also, I had completely forgotten about the horse stick.

I feel like Bradley wasn’t treated the best at times. Seemed like the guys egged him on especially when it came to the girls. Also the whole water in the face thing from Benjamin.

Absolutely Travis was treated terribly. IMO a lot of it was because they literally couldn't accept that he wasn't gay (and indeed he is married to a woman these days). He didn't behave like a straight man supposedly 'should' act so they bullied him severely for it.

Absolutely Travis was treated terribly. IMO a lot of it was because they literally couldn't accept that he wasn't gay (and indeed he is married to a woman these days). He didn't behave like a straight man supposedly 'should' act so they bullied him severely for it.
Agree with this, and it didn’t stop with Nobbi, Rory and Ben either. Kyle even got involved in it by questioning Travis’ sexuality multiple times after Travis had been clear about being straight. I remember at one point Travis’ mum complained about it, and they brought her on to one of the live shows to have a ‘debate’ with Kyle about whether it was appropriate to speculate about Travis being gay.

Back