Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Pre-Season Discussion

when does this start,will it be on youtube?

We aren't playing this game... When we know a start date it will be posted... And I don't really have an answer for the second part of your question... All I will say is this; if someone sees uploading BBCA as a worth while venture I'm sure it will be... That said sharing links to full episodes in forum posts is forbidden on this site...

We aren't playing this game... When we know a start date it will be posted... And I don't really have an answer for the second part of your question... All I will say is this; if someone sees uploading BBCA as a worth while venture I'm sure it will be... That said sharing links to full episodes in forum posts is forbidden on this site...

wasn't playing a game Kingston,just wanted to know more or less when it would be on...three months,six months

More pre-launch news...

Big Brother Canada’s second season will launch with a ‘major’ twist that has never been done before in any other country, it’s claimed.

Well I hope that this "twist" is not going to be over hyped like the one this year from BBAU.

And now that BBAU is finished tomorrow I might catch up on the first season so I am ready for this new one.

I hope Canada & the US get with the program and allow the public to SAVE or EVICT the nominated housemates. It would be so cool. I don't like this jury thing they got going on. Its boring.

I hope Canada & the US get with the program and allow the public to SAVE or EVICT the nominated housemates. It would be so cool. I don't like this jury thing they got going on. Its boring.

That is never going to happen... The most that producers would even come close to doing is allowing the public to act as the power of veto... Or some variation thereof... The HG's will always vote to evict and a jury will always chose the winner... We might from time to time be allowed to have some influence or cast a vote in the final but that is as far as it will go... These are the rules and to be honest the majority of fans over here are too fond of the public vote... Either accept it or just stop watching... At least we are finally getting some sort of public influence that will affect the game nowadays...

wasn't playing a game Kingston,just wanted to know more or less when it would be on...three months,six months

You didn't bother to read the thread either... And the game I was talking about was the one where idiots continually ask stupid questions that would be answered had they read the thread before opening their mouths...

That is never going to happen... The most that producers would even come close to doing is allowing the public to act as the power of veto... Or some variation thereof... The HG's will always vote to evict and a jury will always chose the winner... We might from time to time be allowed to have some influence or cast a vote in the final but that is as far as it will go... These are the rules and to be honest the majority of fans over here are too fond of the public vote... Either accept it or just stop watching... At least we are finally getting some sort of public influence that will affect the game nowadays...

I have to agree. From what I've read on SurvivorSucks and places like Entertainment Weekly the majority of BBUSA & Canada fans like the "strategy" aspect of the game. A small number of people who recently found BBAU because of the horrible BB15 cast might want to see an BBUK or BBAU style public vote but they are a very small minority compared to the what 6 million+ viewers? that BBUSA got this season.

You didn't bother to read the thread either... And the game I was talking about was the one where idiots continually ask stupid questions that would be answered had they read the thread before opening their mouths...

Look I made a mistake there is no need to be rude

The official says that BB Canada is coming soon in March... That being said I can't see the date being that delayed and given that the show launched February 27th last year March 5th or 6th seems like the most practical date and given that the series is approximately 10 weeks that puts the most likely end date May 7 or 8th fits the end date... And given that the American series is unlikely to launch any earlier this series than it's traditional launch (which is normally following the July 4th holiday) that puts the Canadian series 4 weeks behind the American... If the series was extended it would have been at the beginning of the series rather than the end... There is no way the two series would be allowed to overlap... And given that Global loves to promote BB there is no way they'd give up an opportunity to promote the winner of BBCA visiting the BBUS house...

Last edited:
First photo of the all new BB Canada house - though looks to me like they're just rebuilding the old one in a new set as that looks exactly the same as the old entrance steps with the DR corridor to the right.

http://instagram.com/p/j1tgRXhvKr/#

I agree... This could without a doubt be exactly the same staircase, DR, and store room set-up used in the previous house... I'm glad they are keeping the staircase entrance with the DR under the stairs if that's what this is... I just hope that is really the only similarity...

The first thing I notice when I look at the "leaked" floor plan they posted a few months ago is that the bedroom/bathroom corridor seems to be gone... But that doesn't really surprise me as it was a horrible set up...

Finalization of the cast should be completed by now or within the next few days and they should be in lock-down within the next two weeks... So I hope we see more spoilers very soon...

Last edited:
Here's a second look at the new house...

bbcan2-interior-rough.jpg

This looks to me like it is probably going to be a part of a seating area in the yard and the door to the left will most likely lead to the outdoor/hot tub area... I just can't see this fitting anywhere else within the house... Unless it's an open bedroom area like in the BBUS house...

Anyone care to speculate at this point as to what the think (or hope) the "major twist" is?

Personally I'm hoping for something that will play out over the entire game and that can change up game play... I think the majority of Canadian fans are happy with the fact that BBCAN has it's own identity in certain respects and are more open to the idea of BBCAN being more than just a spin-off of the American series...

That being said whatever it is I can only hope the execution of any twists this year are carried out better than they were last year...

Not really going in with any major expectations. They threw away what could have been a brilliant twist within an hour last year - rather than just phoning the house, declaring a HM HoH and having them nominate an hour later they could have had much more fun with that and launched with a fairly major Secret HoH twist which could actually have remained in play through to the first eviction itself.

Not really going in with any major expectations. They threw away what could have been a brilliant twist within an hour last year - rather than just phoning the house, declaring a HM HoH and having them nominate an hour later they could have had much more fun with that and launched with a fairly major Secret HoH twist which could actually have remained in play through to the first eviction itself.

I wouldn't say I'm going in with any expectations either... But as I said I just hope whatever isn't poorly executed and is well thought out...

The secret HoH thing might have been interesting... However it was obvious that Suzette answered the phone and therefor it would have been pretty clear that it was her calling the shots all week... In order to carry this twist off they would have had to be a little more coy in the way it was carried out... Thinking about it now the phone probably wasn't the best way to go about it...

Another "leaked" pic of the house today...

1897771_533844643395201_1704031537_n.jpg

Judging from the other pics that have been released so far the house will have similar elements but won't be a carbon copy of the previous set up... And unless Red is a theme throughout the entire house I was wrong in guessing the previous pic was part of the outdoor seating area... If you look closely at the picture of the staircase you can see just a tiny bit of the red paint in the upper left hand corner...

Back