Skip to main content

Episode Day 96 (1/11/13) Daily Show (30 mins)

Drew is revelling in the unravelling of the sweater. He is really a nasty sod at heart. I used to like Drew, but not any more.

Why wouldn't he revel? He has been totally vindicated. He knew Ed was not the Prince Charming so many others made him out to be, but Ed wore this holier than though mask that had most of the house fooled. He attacked Drew (and Tim) in front of the rest of the housemates, making him out to be a total scoundrel when all along Ed had done the dirty on Jade himself. Seeing that must have been one of the best things to happen for Drew. Ed has been the moralising fun police against Drew for 14 weeks, and Drew got to see what a hypocrite Ed really is.
Nothing nasty about it. Total vindication!

Why wouldn't he revel? He has been totally vindicated. He knew Ed was not the Prince Charming so many others made him out to be, but Ed wore this holier than though mask that had most of the house fooled. He attacked Drew (and Tim) in front of the rest of the housemates, making him out to be a total scoundrel when all along Ed had done the dirty on Jade himself. Seeing that must have been one of the best things to happen for Drew. Ed has been the moralising fun police against Drew for 14 weeks, and Drew got to see what a hypocrite Ed really is.
Yes to all that.

Well said. I agree with you 100%

edddsactly! Ed sat there at that dinner puffing himself up supposedly defending his gowel (or however he pronounces it!) pointing his righteous fingers at Drew and Tim ... why wouldnt Drew and Tim be happy to see him exposed - not only to themselves but to Jade and everyone ...
no doubt MrSilverTonguED will try to snakeoil salesman his way out of it to Jade ... and he'll work his charm on her for a while ... milking the gravy train/publicity train ...

Stay strong Jade - avoid him like the plague he is!!!

I agree. Whatever Ed became in the end, at least he tried to cease it in the beginning. Jade needs to take on some of the blame. I said a few weeks ago, she is setting herself up to feel some pain when this ends and she is now feeling it, so I can't feel 100% sorry for her. I'm just glad she's starting to realise that Ed was not the perfect prince she thought he was. Also that she is allowing herself to grow close with Tim and Drew again.

yes you're right - Jade did chase Ed down ... she was pretty relentless in her pursuit - but Ed gave very mixed messages out right from the start ...
Ed should have been no-nonsense about it and steered clear - she more than likely would have got the message loud and clear then

Really really well said. My thoughts exactly
Drew for the win x

Tim to Jade "don't think you're here only because of your involvement with Ed"

Jade says she understands that as she's still here and he isn't

haha burn ED!!

Jade doesn't want to make this about her. Feels badly that the other HMs are happy after the trick or treat stuff.

Tim "we don't want you to feel lost after this. (missed a sentence or two here) Think about why Aus wants you here. Not Ed and Jade. You"

What did he say? I missed the ep tonight. :(

I can't remember the Drew thing, I remember him ranting, but I think Mrs B summarised this ep the best anyone could.

What did he say? I missed the ep tonight. :(

He gave an analogy of Ed as a n immaculately knitted jumper/sweater which he and Tim had tried to unravel by looking all over for a loose threads. And then Ed himself (via the trick video) showed the only hidden loose thread and the whole thing just unravelled before their eyes.

Something like that

Thanks delcan. :)
I had started to type the Drew analogy while I was watching but it was so bloody long I gave up.

But here it is... only for you darling :)

"My favourite moment was seeing Ed nominate Jade. It's like if there's a big, perfectly knitted woolen jumper and you couldn't fault it... it's magic, made of golden thread. And for the past 14 weeks nearly, Tim and I have scoured it for a loose thread and we couldn't find it. And then the magnifying glass got run over it and we found the one thread. And it only took that one thread and we pulled it... we didn't even pull it... you pulled it [pointing to BB]. And it's unraveled the whole sweater. Because everything he said that he stands for, what loyalty means to him, what his friends mean to him... stands for nothing because he got on his high horse during that lunch after the face to face evictions that he would never nom his friends in here and he was lying. Now I'm not about to say I've never lied in here but it doesn't matter because I've never said I don't lie in here. I lie on a daily basis but his whole foundation that he built in here was now potentially based on lies. That was nice to know that didn't exist and what we were saying had some substance."

Why do they act like the evicted HM's are being taken out to be shot?
Jade is acting like Ed up and left her and the kids for another woman.
Can she really not see how pathetic she is acting?

I had started to type the Drew analogy while I was watching but it was so bloody long I gave up.

But here it is... only for you darling :)

"My favourite moment was seeing Ed nominate Jade. It's like if there's a big, perfectly knitted woolen jumper and you couldn't fault it... it's magic, made of golden thread. And for the past 14 weeks nearly, Tim and I have scoured it for a loose thread and we couldn't find it. And then the magnifying glass got run over it and we found the one thread. And it only took that one thread and we pulled it... we didn't even pull it... you pulled it [pointing to BB]. And it's unraveled the whole sweater. Because everything he said that he stands for, what loyalty means to him, what his friends mean to him... stands for nothing because he got on his high horse during that lunch after the face to face evictions that he would never nom his friends in here and he was lying. Now I'm not about to say I've never lied in here but it doesn't matter because I've never said I don't lie in here. I lie on a daily basis but his whole foundation that he built in here was now potentially based on lies. That was nice to know that didn't exist and what we were saying had some substance."

The golden thread. It's like one of Aesop's fables and should be read to kids as bedtime stories to teach them not to be hypocrites

Back