Skip to main content

Body image

As I younger person I believe that they should of had more "REALISTIC" women in the house because not everyone is thin or has a great body, in reality there are so many different body types although Mikkayla has had issues with her body image I feel as they should of selected a whole range of girls that are all different sizes because I think that it would of brought the reality back into a reality television show by creating the reality of all of the different body shapes that we see everyday.

Typically every year there has been multiple larger men and women in the house. I don't think casting should be based on looks though. If they happen to be stick figured or overweight and have an ace personality they should be accepted no matter what.

Yeah I agree, well in the past they have and that is what I liked about it, I'm talking mostly about this years casting.

Yes but they are not overweight they all have similar body shapes.

Interesting point! Do you think we will ever see another Chrissie Swan in the house? Who mostly was ok with her size and nearly won the show. Now its all about mostly models and actors?

I don't really care what body shapes people are, and I think there is becoming this damaging view that 'thin = abnormal' when that's not the case at all. Most years there have been a mix among both sexes of 'good looking' (model types) and average looking, to even people that would by media standards, be considered unattractive. I think you also have to look at the type of people that wish to go on Big Brother these days - there are barely any 'average joes' like in previous years, most are looking for some exposure or notoriety, and those will be people with a background in modelling/acting/radio that want a few minutes of fame, and people with those backgrounds aren't going to be obese, unattractive people. And that's only looking at that aspect. You also have the fact that people are entering a house with a bunch of strangers, full of cameras that will be broadcasting every movement and unflattering angle, recording showering, swimming in bathers...not many people, especially women, have the self confidence to put themselves in that situation - especially if they are carrying extra weight.

Wow, I'm sorry but get over it. The only girls out of the whole cast who have societies idea of the ideal female bodies are tahan and jade, and they are still different in the way that tahan is sort of flat chested.

Wow, I'm sorry but get over it. The only girls out of the whole cast who have societies idea of the ideal female bodies are tahan and jade, and they are still different in the way that tahan is sort of flat chested.

Agreed. Why can't some girls just appreciate Jade and Tahan's looks without throwing a hissy fit? They're normal, healthy looking girls to me. And realistic..nothing alien about them.

Over thinking a little and really they not all stick thin models anyway.

Agreed. Why can't some girls just appreciate Jade and Tahan's looks without throwing a hissy fit? They're normal, healthy looking girls to me. And realistic..nothing alien about them.

^this!

I don't really care what body shapes people are, and I think there is becoming this damaging view that 'thin = abnormal' when that's not the case at all. Most years there have been a mix among both sexes of 'good looking' (model types) and average looking, to even people that would by media standards, be considered unattractive. I think you also have to look at the type of people that wish to go on Big Brother these days - there are barely any 'average joes' like in previous years, most are looking for some exposure or notoriety, and those will be people with a background in modelling/acting/radio that want a few minutes of fame, and people with those backgrounds aren't going to be obese, unattractive people. And that's only looking at that aspect. You also have the fact that people are entering a house with a bunch of strangers, full of cameras that will be broadcasting every movement and unflattering angle, recording showering, swimming in bathers...not many people, especially women, have the self confidence to put themselves in that situation - especially if they are carrying extra weight.

Good post, you said it all

Why does nobody ever care about men's self image issues?

who was the last fat guy on bb?

Interesting point! Do you think we will ever see another Chrissie Swan in the house? Who mostly was ok with her size and nearly won the show. Now its all about mostly models and actors?

Chrissy heard the camera guys talking about her weight.

I thought Tully had a really nice body too, she had some serious abs goin on! Also gorgeous legs

It really bothers me that people say I wish we had more "real" body types in the house. It's such a double standard that people can say skinny people arent real but as soon as someone says a certain person is fat, sh*t hits the fan! Some people work very hard to maintain their weight and keep a slim and fit figure but then they get put down by comments like these. I think Jade and Tahan have great bodies.

Last edited:
I think they've had a pretty good mix of body types this year. It would be pretty hard to find people who are seriously overweight, confident enough to be on TV nonstop for several months, and also have the right personality for Big Brother. Also basically what [MENTION=35313]Queen Alla[/MENTION] said.

How about the men? They're putting in bodybuilders these days.

Only Ben and Tim had regular bodies (okay, maybe Tim is a bit fit).

They always had a likening to choose muscular men, I don't know why....

Back