Skip to main content

If Estelle won it would ultimately damage her...

Ok I get that Estelle is 'popular' (I thought the sk8er fad had died, but maybe I'm losing touch). And I also understand there's a good chance she'll win because of this residual sympathy about the "bullying".

But ultimately if Estelle won it would be pretty mentally damaging. Obviously at first she'd be elated and feel highly validated (something she's always seeking out). However this would quickly lead to very unrealistic bars being set.

I wouldn't be surprised if within a few weeks she's caught in a nightclub fight drunkenly screaming "don't you know who I am, I won Big Brother!" while other patrons look on in bemusement. (This has happened before with other HMs).

I mean the girl is clearly not yet emotionally mature bordering on a little unstable. Her dramatic, almost bi-polar shifts between having "new best friends" then sobbing uncontrollably after nominations demonstrate this. Her need to 'latch on' to people is as clear as day.

If she won Big Brother it would be teaching her the only way to feel validated in life is to be an attention seeking whore, which she was part-way to becoming in the first place. Winning BB would be a terrible life lesson.

I sort of agree. Not completely, but I do think that for her, she will not be able to handle the publicity afterwards. I think she will cop a lot of abuse from A LOT of people and that will destroy her. She couldn't handle nominations very well, even though its part of the game.. I don't think she'll be able to handle internet abuse hurled at her, or verbal abuse from strange people that feel the need to throw verbal abuse around randomly (I don't understand why they feel the need to)...

But I do think she'll possibly handle it better than you might be expecting. It will be interesting to see though. I wonder if she will maintain relationships with people after she's out, especially if she wins... I wonder if people like Ben and Stacey would not talk to her afterwards, and how she'd take that (someone she actually knows, rather than randoms)... I reckon that will cut her down more. It's pretty clear a lot of people just don't want to know her, which is fine. Some people just don't get along. There's no need to continue friendships just because you compete on the same show. But I wonder how she'll take that. I think she's expecting to be one, big happy BB family afterwards..

I'm talking about hating on Estelle fans or making them out to be massive crazies, the fact of the matter is you write a thread about anyone and their fans will come and defend, that's what fans do.

Estelle fans are singled out because it makes posters that dislike Estelle resentful, it's a copout and it's extremely irritating, especially when this thread is yet to have a 'crazy' Estelle poster...just somebody disagreeing with Tim and stating why.

OMG - and I'm just someone agreeing with Tim and just like everyone else here I'm allowed to have an opinion even if it doesn't agree with you. I have not attacked anyone for being a fan of Estelle. Was just stating that Estelle fans would not be happy with Tim for voicing his "opinion" and guess what - you have proven me right.
Estelle - don't like or dislike. I don't want to see her win. I find her boring and contrive - again MY OPINION. What I do have a problem have is with some on her more rabid fans. They have the mentality of - if your not for us your against us. Heaven forbid you happen to support another HM. So I'll continue to have my "opinion" and voice it even if you and every other Estelle fan finds it resentful, a copout and extemely irritating.

OMG - and I'm just someone agreeing with Tim and just like everyone else here I'm allowed to have an opinion even if it doesn't agree with you. I have not attacked anyone for being a fan of Estelle. Was just stating that Estelle fans would not be happy with Tim for voicing his "opinion" and guess what - you have proven me right.
Estelle - don't like or dislike. I don't want to see her win. I find her boring and contrive - again MY OPINION. What I do have a problem have is with some on her more rabid fans. They have the mentality of - if your not for us your against us. Heaven forbid you happen to support another HM. So I'll continue to have my "opinion" and voice it even if you and every other Estelle fan finds it resentful, a copout and extemely irritating.
If it was just 'your opinion' why did you feel the need to make that remark about Estelle fans?
I haven't proven you right....I've pointed you out as a gaslighter, which you are, you post your opinion without making some remark about 'Oooh wait til the Estelle fans get to you' and nobody would have given a shit.

Don't want to get burned? Then don't play with fire.

I wouldn't be surprised if within a few weeks she's caught in a nightclub fight drunkenly screaming "don't you know who I am, I won Big Brother!" while other patrons look on in bemusement. (This has happened before with other HMs).

Already been done this year...

For those who care about/remember Charne (not that I particularly did), I ran into her in the Valley in Brisbane last night at about 2am, albeit I was off my face but she had her posse with her and had developed quite an ego for someone whom was clearly not that well liked by the public.
Yes, a posse of what looked like overtly gay men. The gay clubs halloween party was on in Brisbane last night and they were headed in that direction, so she was probably chilling there for a bit.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of people who support Estelle are EXTREMELY passionate about it - and a lot of them go to the point of being fanatical.

They certainly are heavily emotional about defending Estelle. Look at all the replies to my thread - notice how people who disagree with my original post don't really explain why they disagree, they just say things like "you're pathetic". That's a post based on heavy emotion rather than a rational discussion.

If you go back and read my original post I don't say anything that is particularly anti-Estelle. But the Estelle fanatics had an emotional knee-jerk reaction.

For the record I'm pretty apathetic about all of the housemates. You have to be when you run a website like this and have to put up with all the bickering that goes on in these forums.

If Estelle wins then I will shrug my shoulders and forget about it within 24 hours just like everyone else who likes the show. I don't really feel either way about her personally, but I do think that if she won it wouldn't be so great for her mental well-being. I stand by that, no matter how many insults the Estelle fans throw my way.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of people who support Estelle are EXTREMELY passionate about it - and a lot of them go to the point of being fanatical.

They certainly are heavily emotional about defending Estelle. Look at all the replies to my thread - notice how people who disagree with my original post don't really explain why they disagree, they just say things like "you're pathetic". That's a post based on heavy emotion rather than a rational discussion.

If you go back and read my original post I don't say anything that is particularly anti-Estelle. But the Estelle fanatics had an emotional knee-jerk reaction.

For the record I'm pretty apathetic about all of the housemates. You have to be when you run a website like this and have to put up with all the bickering that goes on in these forums.

If Estelle wins then I will shrug my shoulders and forget about it within 24 hours just like everyone else who likes the show. I don't really feel either way about her personally, but I do think that if she won it wouldn't be so great for her mental well-being. I stand by that, no matter how many insults the Estelle fans throw my way.
To be honest, what you have said could apply to almost any housemate, particularly Ben who had enough of an ego before even entering the house and has been fired from every job.

Ok I get that Estelle is 'popular' (I thought the sk8er fad had died, but maybe I'm losing touch). And I also understand there's a good chance she'll win because of this residual sympathy about the "bullying".

But ultimately if Estelle won it would be pretty mentally damaging. Obviously at first she'd be elated and feel highly validated (something she's always seeking out). However this would quickly lead to very unrealistic bars being set.

I mean the girl is clearly not yet emotionally mature bordering on a little unstable. Her dramatic, almost bi-polar shifts between having "new best friends" then sobbing uncontrollably after nominations demonstrate this. Her need to 'latch on' to people is as clear as day.

If she won Big Brother it would be teaching her the only way to feel validated in life is to be an attention seeking whore, which she was part-way to becoming in the first place. Winning BB would be a terrible life lesson.

I disagree.

If one of the 'popular' group won the show they would think that it is okay to bully others for being 'weird' or 'different'. Estelle isn't the best winner Australian BB will ever have had, but she's the most deserving of the six left. It's just bad luck to us, as viewers, that we can't have a winner that is both nice and entertaining - we will only get a winner who is nice (she is the Rachel Rice of BBUK).

Also, I'm not that passionate about Estelle winning - I only support her because Angie is out.

Well, I am not really a fan of Estelle, I just don't get her, I think when she was around Ava she came across as very fake, in fact it was sickening to watch. Most of the time, when she speaks it is cringeworthy, I think she is close to having some sort of personality disorder, and appears needy, her crying is somewhat fake. Almost all of the housemates, both in the house and out found her odd and difficult to live with. I know not everyone is perfect, i have also found in the last week or 2 Zoe to be a bit of a two faced bitch. I am starting to find Sam to be the nice one out of them all. He seems genuine and very kind to Layla... Just my thoughts :rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is that the majority of people who support Estelle are EXTREMELY passionate about it - and a lot of them go to the point of being fanatical

It's the same with Lady Gaga fans. Basically it's people who feel lke outsiders - or disenfranchised, who identify with someone (Estelle/ Gaga) and that object of affection being strong and defiant in the face of adversity or hate gives the fan strength, and their role model makes them feel accepted, and ok and not such a weirdo, OR they make being a weirdo cool and something to feel good about.

So when you attack the object of their affection they take it personally - they go ballistic. It's like "you can hate on me and make me feel like a weirdo outsider but I won't have you attacking my role model etc". It's easier to stand up for their role model, than for themselves. OR - their role model is in the public eye fighting it out in a game show against competitors who have been intent on running them down and sledging them, and the fan can help and support their role model in the game. And the game is - to be loved by the public basically.

Estelle fans are seeing their own insecurities, and weirdness in her, and they root for her, she's 'just like me' kinda thing, and they want her to prevail over those holding her down, and they want her to win an be victorious, and they take it personally when you diss Estelle.

I've supported the underdog in pretty much every series as I've always felt a bit of an underdog myself. Only this year I think I'm old enough to not be drawn into that kinda thing. I am more seeing it as a basic good vs evil thing, and I want good (one of Sam, Layla or Estelle to win).

You can only eradicate it by eradicating alienated teenagers from the planet, and that's not possible. What I don't get is why people don't see how obvious it all is?!?!?

Last edited:
Whether it has been "bullying" or not, and regardless of her desire to attach herself to people (which could be for a number of reasons) and even with her '7 crazy personalities'(or however many there supposedly are) ...she is actually one of the most mature housemates and would do some good with the money, I have no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the 1st post 100% .. but later on you said she's a trust fund kid, I don't believe that at all. That's just a lie, Estelle tries to make out that she has money, and that her parents did. But they so don't.. It seems quite the opposite..she already admitted her father was a heroin addict, and we saw her mother last night and it appears her mother was a heroin addict too, but is probably got clean now as she's still alive, and most heroin addicts don't tend to live past 50. Whether it be an OD, a blood disease, cirrhosis, violence , various other health problems caused by drugs etc.. Anyway.. My theory is she started with the "I'm rich, I'm smart, I'm pretty look at me" in school when she felt inadequate because all the other kids had loving respected parents and he had addicts who probably never gave her attention.. She caught attention elsewhere instead..like from boys and by acting weird.in school I had a friend just like her, always lying about wealth, and many more things..she was a compulsive liar but I stood by her because I knew the truth, I knew her family life was so screwed up that all her lies and attention seeking was from her screwed up childhood. Estelle has so many similarities to this girl it's not even funny. She thrives on male attention to feel pretty. But if she didn't act the way she did, the males probably wouldn't give her attention because she's not that pretty. She's really quite average. Average face and hair, good body, especially when she came in, but I suspect she starved herself and worked out obsessively to obtain that body before BB started because she wanted to look good for BB. I've seen old photos of her and her normal weight seems to be the weight she is at now, which is about 6 kilos heavier when she first came into the house. It's inevitable that when you start eating again after months of fasting you regain the weight no mtter what you eat.
I truly believe she doesn't have money, not from her parents anyway.. When her parents are addicts..there's no way in hell they could have put money aside from that, addicts just want their fix.. Celebrities with millions of dollars blew all their money on heroin and are now broke, so I don't know how her parents with average or no jobs somehow had all this money to blow on drugs and also put a trust fund away. She's said a few times I choose to go down a different path to my family... Insinuating that he parents didn't work and were on welfare and drug users, (that's the vibe I got, and 98% of heroin addicts don't work because it's impossible to when you go on the nod).. So yeah.. If she does own 2 houses, horses and a land rover, she has gotten the money herself.. (but how? She's studying at uni? Or is she even studying? Was that another lie?) I've checked out her online profiles and I find it hard to believe she was at uni because she was online a hellova lot, just talking on forums and stuff..every day.. Plus her tumblr blog ... Showed a lot.. For one she traveled all the time..she's been to London, amsterdam and many other places..how would a student get that sort of money? What sort Of job pays that well part time? A job that would be fitting for an attention seeking woman who likes male attention.. Hmm ?? Could that explain all the cash she supposedly has? Or is this cash non existent.. Then again she could just be paying off two houses.. But that's a bit excessive.. One maybe could be do-able..but who'd pay off two at once? Plus the car she could also be paying off.. Plus horses.. Well horses aren't too expensive..and she doesn't have her own stable or anything.. So that's probably the truth..but the others make me wonder.. How does an unemployed or working art time student get approved for all these loans to pay off 2 houses though.. And how does she study or work when she's always overseas? She's also written on her tumblr little bits and pieces about her being addicted to something, and one post saying now she is just like her father,, which makes me think she was struggling with heroin at one point of her life, or it could have just been an attention seeking post, but who knows.. Find it hard to believe a heroin addict got credit to buy all these houses though.. It's all a big mystery to me. She also says she was a model but I haven't found any evidence of that either, and models don't get paid much anyway, unless they hit it big time like Kerr .. Models barely get paid enough to cover there expenses.. Like they might get paid 1000$ for one shoot, a few hours of work, which is pretty decent, but the jobs only come along so often..once a month or once a fortnight if they are lucky, and $1000 is beng generous..usually more like $500 depending on the campaign. So again, if she were a model it still doesn't seem to fit.. Thats why I wonder if most of what Estelle said is a lie.. She wants so badly to be a Rich girl but isnt, maybe that's why she went on the show to get that prize money, though 250k isn't much..if she had all that money, why would she bother staying.. But despite all this, I still admire her and respect her, I think her tough childhood probably prepared her for her BB experience.. She's used to being isolated and picked on..most people would be crying every night like ange..she gets picked on so much yet has the strength to stay there.. I would have left a long time ago if I were her, I couldn't handle it.. So props to her for that. Her behavior isn't really her fault, it probably came as the aftermath Of an upbringing where a baggie full of heroin was more important than the child. Makes me sad to imagine any child having to live like that but that's how it goes unfortunately. They are lucky to survive through the new born stage.. Her of so many cases to the contrary. Wish Estelle would go more in deth about her childhood.. Big brother should do a childhood segment. She seems close to her mum.. Which makes me think her mum probably did get sober for her .. She doesn't seem to talk about her dad fondly.. Least her mum stepped up and tried to raise her.

I find it absolutely amazing that some of the people who seem to be so against Estelle and her fans continue to make the assumption that we are all insecure immature weirdo's. I can assure you, though I am extremely 'odd' by many standards, this is not the case here. I don't fit into this box you all keep going on about. And neither does she. Your dislike of her and the fact that you constantly feel the need to push the fact that she and/or we are somehow intellectually and emotionally 'below' the rest of you says a lot more about you than it does about her/us.

It's the same with Lady Gaga fans. Basically it's people who feel lke outsiders - or disenfranchised, who identify with someone (Estelle/ Gaga) and that object of affection being strong and defiant in the face of adversity or hate gives them strength. So when you attack the object of their affection who gives them strength and makes them feel good about themselvs they take it personally - they go ballistic. It's like "you can hate on me and make me feel like a weirdo outsider but I won't have you attacking my role model etc". It's easier to stand up for their role model, than for themselves. I'm the same - I can stand up for a fellow co-worker in a workpalce beign treated badly, btu I can't stand up for myself. With Estelle fans it's pretty simple psychology. They're projecting their own alienation into the scenario, and they take it personally when you diss Estelle. I don't agree with it, but heck - teenagers are psychotic, it's just how it is. You can only eradicate it by eradicating teenagers from the planet, and that's not possible. What I don't get is why people don't see how obvious it all is.
I can certainly say that's not me, I'm not an outsider...I'm pretty happy with my friends, family and life and I can honestly say I got a pretty good gig in highschool.
I can however say I have an 'Estelle' in my life and how I have handled this sort of personality is vastly different from the characters in the house, now, of course they're stuck with this person 24/7 however I just don't agree with how they're acting....to me this behaviour is inexcusable and when I see others validating it, I have to have my say.
It hasn't just been with Estelle, it's been with Ray, Bradley and George, it's a behaviour that shouldn't be encouraged and it's a poor representation of this generation.

If you breed negativity then you encourage negavity into your life.
Everyone should relax their flaps (LOL) Estelle won't win, it's between Michael and Layla, I believe.

Actually I find Estelle quite endearing and like her child like behaviour, she is excluded from a clique/group who think they have the sole right to the title and have bitched and put her down all through this series. I didn't even like her at first but have come down very strongly on her side as she is the underdog none of the HM's thought could win.

She is the HM in a bubble, she doesn't speak bad of anyone and has to tolerate constant bitching and being put down for being her quirky self. I like this about her and I think she would be just fine about winning BB and hopefully can win a few equestrian events with her new horse when its over.

I also think some FM's get way too passionate about their favourite and should respect others opinions as long as they are constructive and not assassinating someone's character.

I agree with the 1st post 100% .. but later on you said she's a trust fund kid, I don't believe that at all. That's just a lie, Estelle tries to make out that she has money, and that her parents did. But they so don't.. It seems quite the opposite..she already admitted her father was a heroin addict, and we saw her mother last night and it appears her mother was a heroin addict too, but is probably got clean now as she's still alive, and most heroin addicts don't tend to live past 50. Whether it be an OD, a blood disease, cirrhosis, violence , various other health problems caused by drugs etc.. Anyway.. My theory is she started with the "I'm rich, I'm smart, I'm pretty look at me" in school when she felt inadequate because all the other kids had loving respected parents and he had addicts who probably never gave her attention.. She caught attention elsewhere instead..like from boys and by acting weird.in school I had a friend just like her, always lying about wealth, and many more things..she was a compulsive liar but I stood by her because I knew the truth, I knew her family life was so screwed up that all her lies and attention seeking was from her screwed up childhood. Estelle has so many similarities to this girl it's not even funny. She thrives on male attention to feel pretty. But if she didn't act the way she did, the males probably wouldn't give her attention because she's not that pretty. She's really quite average. Average face and hair, good body, especially when she came in, but I suspect she starved herself and worked out obsessively to obtain that body before BB started because she wanted to look good for BB. I've seen old photos of her and her normal weight seems to be the weight she is at now, which is about 6 kilos heavier when she first came into the house. It's inevitable that when you start eating again after months of fasting you regain the weight no mtter what you eat.
I truly believe she doesn't have money, not from her parents anyway.. When her parents are addicts..there's no way in hell they could have put money aside from that, addicts just want their fix.. Celebrities with millions of dollars blew all their money on heroin and are now broke, so I don't know how her parents with average or no jobs somehow had all this money to blow on drugs and also put a trust fund away. She's said a few times I choose to go down a different path to my family... Insinuating that he parents didn't work and were on welfare and drug users, (that's the vibe I got, and 98% of heroin addicts don't work because it's impossible to when you go on the nod).. So yeah.. If she does own 2 houses, horses and a land rover, she has gotten the money herself.. (but how? She's studying at uni? Or is she even studying? Was that another lie?) I've checked out her online profiles and I find it hard to believe she was at uni because she was online a hellova lot, just talking on forums and stuff..every day.. Plus her tumblr blog ... Showed a lot.. For one she traveled all the time..she's been to London, amsterdam and many other places..how would a student get that sort of money? What sort Of job pays that well part time? A job that would be fitting for an attention seeking woman who likes male attention.. Hmm ?? Could that explain all the cash she supposedly has? Or is this cash non existent.. Then again she could just be paying off two houses.. But that's a bit excessive.. One maybe could be do-able..but who'd pay off two at once? Plus the car she could also be paying off.. Plus horses.. Well horses aren't too expensive..and she doesn't have her own stable or anything.. So that's probably the truth..but the others make me wonder.. How does an unemployed or working art time student get approved for all these loans to pay off 2 houses though.. And how does she study or work when she's always overseas? She's also written on her tumblr little bits and pieces about her being addicted to something, and one post saying now she is just like her father,, which makes me think she was struggling with heroin at one point of her life, or it could have just been an attention seeking post, but who knows.. Find it hard to believe a heroin addict got credit to buy all these houses though.. It's all a big mystery to me. She also says she was a model but I haven't found any evidence of that either, and models don't get paid much anyway, unless they hit it big time like Kerr .. Models barely get paid enough to cover there expenses.. Like they might get paid 1000$ for one shoot, a few hours of work, which is pretty decent, but the jobs only come along so often..once a month or once a fortnight if they are lucky, and $1000 is beng generous..usually more like $500 depending on the campaign. So again, if she were a model it still doesn't seem to fit.. Thats why I wonder if most of what Estelle said is a lie.. She wants so badly to be a Rich girl but isnt, maybe that's why she went on the show to get that prize money, though 250k isn't much..if she had all that money, why would she bother staying.. But despite all this, I still admire her and respect her, I think her tough childhood probably prepared her for her BB experience.. She's used to being isolated and picked on..most people would be crying every night like ange..she gets picked on so much yet has the strength to stay there.. I would have left a long time ago if I were her, I couldn't handle it.. So props to her for that. Her behavior isn't really her fault, it probably came as the aftermath Of an upbringing where a baggie full of heroin was more important than the child. Makes me sad to imagine any child having to live like that but that's how it goes unfortunately. They are lucky to survive through the new born stage.. Her of so many cases to the contrary. Wish Estelle would go more in deth about her childhood.. Big brother should do a childhood segment. She seems close to her mum.. Which makes me think her mum probably did get sober for her .. She doesn't seem to talk about her dad fondly.. Least her mum stepped up and tried to raise her.

Sorry, couldn't read that...which is a bit of a pity because you possibly had something interesting to say.

Remember, paragraphs are your friend.

Her lack of attention during childhood also fits in with her ability to grow overly attached to inanimate objects, like the horse she carries around.. Her parents probably ignored her so she looked for love elsewhere.. From male attention.. From stuffed animals.. That's probably where her obsession for horses came along.. She was probably the poor girl at school with ratty clothes and hair.. Her parents probably never came to parent teacher meetings or even bothered picking her up from school.. She probably created a fantasy like the rich girls who owned horses and lived a privileged life.. As a coping mechanism .. Then as she grew older she never learnt to interact normally.always putting on a front and trying to boast when it's not needed.. She seems conflicted by it now.l half of her wants to be the rich girl, half admits she was raised by addicts and was poor. I feel really sorry for her because you can tell she has a good heart. I believe she is most worthy of winning. Compared to the others who clearly just playing to win and are not genuine at all. But I do believe she has alot of psychological trauma she needs to work through.. I'd be worried that she would go off the rails if she won the money.. And I could imagine her getting a heightened ego and the whole "don't you know who I am" attitude.

Well said, and totally agree. I often wondered after seeing Estelle break down after Michael's 'everyone hates her' comment, how she would cope mentally knowing that a large percentage only saved her, not because they like her, but to be part of a group and because they did not want to see Michael or Ben win because of the so said bullying.

I think it could either destroy her emotionally, or she could just say 'f**k it, it's their problem' as she did when asked by bb if it bothered her that she may be getting on the other HM's nerves....

Note: the 'f**k it' are my words before anyone jumps down my neck and say that Estelle would not say that sort of thing - BUT, seeing her smug look last night at Ben, I think personally she is VERY capable of doing something like that and more ;)

She is in no way a "attention seeking whore?" And she is NOT a "trust fund kid" this is so so far from the truth!

No disrespect, but as you have claimed you are her friend, I have no doubt you would deny every negative thing written about Estelle as you would not be much of a friend if you didn't, and it wouldn't be good for the promotion of Estelle that you constantly do on here.

Last edited:
Sorry Tim, I think you have just taken bits and pieces of information and tried to put something together.
I don't see how you can justify your words.

Back