Skip to main content

Xavier is onto the sham marriage!

Italian and Spanish share very similar phonetic sounds but the grammar and common day to day words are significantly different, portuguese even less so as it is a very nasally sounding language.

I understand spanish fairly fluently and couldn't pick up much of what the BB voice said tbh. Not that I'm expert or anything but Jade sounded fairly fluent in Italian whereas the bb voice sounded like someone with a very thick english influenced accent.

My language is French and we have very similar word with the Italian language. If spoken slowly I could understand enough to know what was said in Italian

My language is French and we have very similar word with the Italian language. If spoken slowly I could understand enough to know what was said in Italian

And that was far from being spoken slowly - Jade could barely understand! She had to tell everyone to shush!

I'm sure Jade and Drew would have known the questions that were going to be asked. There's no way Drew could have remembered it if they'd spoken about it.

There's no way they would have even had the thought of needing to tell each other their phone numbers, let alone remember it from a previous conversation (this discussion should get its own thread IMO)

Xavier's eyes have that sparkle in general, unless he's very cross, as with Tim at the dinner table.

There's no way they would have even had the thought of needing to tell each other their phone numbers, let alone remember it from a previous conversation (this discussion should get its own thread IMO)

Yeah exactly! That's never gonna come up in a convo in an environment like this.

And that was far from being spoken slowly - Jade could barely understand! She had to tell everyone to shush!

It only sound fast when you don't speak the language :) When I speak French people think I speak fast, but no I don't. When I couldn't speak English, I thought everyone was on speed, lol

It only sound fast when you don't speak the language :) When I speak French people think I speak fast, but no I don't. When I couldn't speak English, I thought everyone was on speed, lol

I agree lara. Again I'm no expert but if anything the bb italian voice seem to be extra careful in enunciating his words properly. I'm guessing the person they got to speak italian to jade is not a native speaker. To me it was jade the one that spoke 'fast', loose and uninhibited like a native speaker not the bb voice.

I agree lara. Again I'm no expert but if anything the bb italian voice seem to be extra careful in enunciating his words properly. I'm guessing the person they got to speak italian to jade is not a native speaker. To me it was jade the one that spoke 'fast', loose and uninhibited like a native speaker not the bb voice.

Definitely Jane was fast, I wasn't able to get many words, unlike BB he was speaking slowly

What sub titles were correct. The only thing they left out at the end was BB saying bada da bupi

[video=youtube_share;9JhuOicPFZY]http://youtu.be/9JhuOicPFZY[/video]

I think the "married" couple should have created a cover story that they only met a couple of months ago and were both invited to be on the show and got married just before they went in. That way, they could honestly say that they don't know much about each other, covering up any little mismatched stories.

Alternately, take the rings off and poorly pretend to not know each other. But, make sure to get caught kissing in the corner and so on.

When the 2 are separated, you take Jade aside and ask "what's the first 2 letters of Drew's dad's name?", get the answer, then you go ask the same question to Drew. There's tonnes of questions you can ask them that would tell you if they really know each other well.

I think the "married" couple should have created a cover story that they only met a couple of months ago and were both invited to be on the show and got married just before they went in. That way, they could honestly say that they don't know much about each other, covering up any little mismatched stories.

Alternately, take the rings off and poorly pretend to not know each other. But, make sure to get caught kissing in the corner and so on.

That's what I'll gone with as well. Tell them that it was one of those love at first sight soul mates type deal. That they known each other for just a few weeks/months but they just knew they were the 'ones' and had to seal the deal. And that they married without telling any of their loved ones about it, they eloped in other words. See, that was easy. :cool:

I dont think it would matter if any of the HM suspected or even told Big Brother, they need the LIVE special when they get told and act all surprised and then those 2 become permanent HM

But they are permanent HM. It's just that they were at high risk of being nominated for the first week.

I thought when Tim hid the ring that's when they could have a lovely little tiff...and even after Tim gave it back to Jade, Drew could have shown a bit of outrage or at least became a little huffy...it was supposedly $15g.....they could have played that up alot more.....another thing they could have done, is to have a ""private conversation"" about how they don't like the hms continuously questioning them about their authenticity of being married...BUT make sure it's said loud enough for say Heidi to hear...

For all we know they may have already failed the task and BB is just letting it play out.

I thought when Tim hid the ring that's when they could have a lovely little tiff...and even after Tim gave it back to Jade, Drew could have shown a bit of outrage or at least became a little huffy...it was supposedly $15g.....they could have played that up alot more.....another thing they could have done, is to have a ""private conversation"" about how they don't like the hms continuously questioning them about their authenticity of being married...BUT make sure it's said loud enough for say Heidi to hear...

For all we know they may have already failed the task and BB is just letting it play out.

Yes, to me by allowing the questioning to continue they appeared to be not married. For the ring for sure, she should have been much more worried and upset.
When I misplaced a ring which was precious to me, I was in tears, looking frantically for it.

Yes, to me by allowing the questioning to continue they appeared to be not married. For the ring for sure, she should have been much more worried and upset.
When I misplaced a ring which was precious to me, I was in tears, looking frantically for it.

Yep she should have been devastated at the thought of misplacing it, for sentimental reasons and Drew should have been really miffed ....he sold his car for that $15g god dam wedding ring...lol..

Alex M just tweeted

"Last day in Lockdown for the Latecomers then off to work to split up a "married" couple! See the fallout - 8pm Monday!"

So there is a reason for these people! It may just be about to get interesting.

The ring:

gzr2.jpg

Back