Skip to main content

Will this year Kill off BB in Australia?

There's a lack of diversity in the house. Most of them all are fitness buffs with 'hot bods'. Where's all the curvy/chubby people at? They're all around the same age, into the same things, most of them are outgoing, over the top, dramatic & unintelligent. We need to throw a whole bunch of completely different people into the mix!!

There's a lack of diversity in the house. Most of them all are fitness buffs with 'hot bods'. Where's all the curvy/chubby people at? They're all around the same age, into the same things, most of them are outgoing, over the top, dramatic & unintelligent. We need to throw a whole bunch of completely different people into the mix!!

I like the people this year. If only BB did show us their conversations. They are not at the gym 24 hours a day, but it seems BB thinks that is what we want to see.

Same with arguments in the house, we hear it happened but we don't see it.

BB thinks we want to see 3 minutes a day of Tully crying, and not see Tahan being a bitch to the Sisters. (sigh) It is happening but we don't see it.

I like the people this year. If only BB did show us their conversations. They are not at the gym 24 hours a day, but it seems BB thinks that is what we want to see.

BB thinks we want to see 3 minutes a day of Tully crying, and not see Tahan being a bitch to the Sisters. (sigh) It is happening but we don't see it.

^Yup, this. There's enough diversity to cause conflict but we don't get to see it for some reason. Same with the Tim and Heidi thing.

I have actually barely been watching. Fast forwarding tasks. Some times I have just turned episodes off and deleted them from the box.

Which is annoying, I want to be into it and care. I just don't. Which is silly as I even know a house mate for the first time ever.

It just isn't grabbing me.

I have actually barely been watching. Fast forwarding tasks. Some times I have just turned episodes off and deleted them from the box.

Which is annoying, I want to be into it and care. I just don't. Which is silly as I even know a house mate for the first time ever.

What's the main reason it isn't grabbing you? Actually, give me the THREE main reasons it's not grabbing you.

^Yup, this. There's enough diversity to cause conflict but we don't get to see it for some reason. Same with the Tim and Heidi thing.

Hopefully they do show that Tim, Heidi argument. But I'm afraid we'll miss it because someone went into the Diary room or they've been given another task. That a must on 9, we need 5 Diary room visits and 2 mini tasks an episode.

Hopefully they do show that Tim, Heidi argument. But I'm afraid we'll miss it because someone went into the Diary room or they've been given another task. That a must on 9, we need 5 Diary room visits and 2 mini tasks an episode.

Yeah, it's too late to show it now anyway, but I wonder why they didn't show it. Maybe they want Tim to remain popular and that argument could make him look bad. (They don't seem to be making any effort with Heidi.)

Yeah, it's too late to show it now anyway, but I wonder why they didn't show it. Maybe they want Tim to remain popular and that argument could make him look bad. (They don't seem to be making any effort with Heidi.)

The HM's are great this year, I've got a feeling we've missed a lot. Heidi's great but not been seen this week, maybe a passing comment. I think the Barbie twins have got more air time.

The HM's are great this year, I've got a feeling we've missed a lot. Heidi's great but not been seen this week, maybe a passing comment. I think the Barbie twins have got more air time.

Yep, we've barely seen Heidi at all. The sisters are funny to watch because it looks so bizarre to see 2 adults dressing the same, speaking as if they're dumb, always hanging out together, etc.

The argument would make Heidi look bad because she was the one having a go at Tim.

What's the main reason it isn't grabbing you? Actually, give me the THREE main reasons it's not grabbing you.

1. I got back from three months travelling the day it started. So kind of not feeling the TV vibe or jumping into such a bit watching commitment.

2. I don't give a shit about tasks. I think I fast forwarded 99% of the cricket one.

3. There's too much of love story stuff going on in the edit.

4. Nothing actually that interesting is happening. I think the divided house at the beginning really sucks. As it cripples and hinders how people are getting along in the house. So you have a bunch of people out of the action.

5. A grown man introducing who pictures are of and then speaking to them, isn't entertaining.

The argument would make Heidi look bad because she was the one having a go at Tim.

Yeah but I don't think they're trying to portray Heidi in any particular way, so it doesn't matter whether the video is shown or not. But we don't know what actually went on in the argument and Tim might have looked bad.

1. I got back from three months travelling the day it started. So kind of not feeling the TV vibe or jumping into such a bit watching commitment.

Completely understandable

2. I don't give a shit about tasks. I think I fast forwarded 99% of the cricket one.

I agree!

Agree!

4. Nothing actually that interesting is happening. I think the divided house at the beginning really sucks. As it cripples and hinders how people are getting along in the house. So you have a bunch of people out of the action.

Agree re. the wall, not so much with "nothing interesting happening"

5. A grown man introducing who pictures are of and then speaking to them, isn't entertaining.

As much as I like Ben, yes, that is very unusual. (see my comments above, I added them with your comments)

Last edited:

I'm going to strongly agree with 2, 3 and 5. I'm not travelling, so 1 is not relevant to me.

But I'm going to disagree with 4. I think the divided house is a fine concept, but they need to push it. Not so much for "events" or "twists", but rather as opportunities to push housemates into strange situations - relying on each other, competing with each other, etc. Sure, it's artificial situations, but the conflict it generates is real and tells us more about the HMs than what they think of if HM1 and HM2 are really into each other.

Sure, if they aren't going to invest in it, they should just not bother doing it, but I think it's a missed opportunity not to.

AGREED. While I am neither here nor there regarding the housemates this year, I don't feel we are seeing anything of substance. I was an avid BB fan from start until.....well now. Once upon a time I refused to miss an episode yet this year I find myself slipping away from BB as there truly has not been anything noteworthy thus far. Well there may well have been some conflict etc, but we have not really seen anything riveting on air. BB is losing me this year and I do not want that to be the case. I just need something more!

Agreed. It just isn't compelling enough. It is one thing to mention there were arguments within the house but how are we as viewers able to form opinions if we are not shown more footage, warts and all? I also want to be "into it" but I am finding it hard to get into it this year.

Agreed. It just isn't compelling enough. It is one thing to mention there were arguments within the house but how are we as viewers able to form opinions if we are not shown more footage, warts and all? I also want to be "into it" but I am finding it hard to get into it this year.

Yes (sigh) all true. I also once lived BB, every free spare second I had. I was glued to the TV and glued to my PC. Now I don't care if it never comes back, but I desperately want to care again.

I am lucky though, my sister sends me recorded series of the French reality shows. I love them, they are not yet affected by the American style of producing reality shows

It used to be about the "Experiment" of people and the confined spaces, no outside world and so on.All it is now is a vehicle for ads and (they hope) mild entertainment.Nothing to do with reality these days, or showing the trials and tribulations as a fly on the wall in the house.

I mean they even had the housemates film product ads for inclusion in the show pre entry I assume. WTF?

It's like some B grade showcase of media talent vying for the one radio/telly hosting gig that might come of it.

Having said that I'm enjoying sending up the shit out of it.Maybe that's a show in itself, a spoof of BB next year run by us! After all WE are the experts...haha cheers

Yeah sometimes things are mentioned or in a flash back and I'm like.. was that even shown? Or did I some how miss it, ignore it, delete it or what.

This is why I don't like the segregated house the way it's done. It's too restrictive and people just get mopey and boring.

It'd have been better to have not have had the half way house so small and crap. They should have given both sides different cool things. Just done it all differently.

To me it detracts from actual content, and just has some manufactured annoying stuff.

If they wanted people in the dog house when nominated. They should have been second class citizens in the same house. To allow for better conflict and problems. While also allowing relationships and potential for conversations to go further.

I don't have a problem with the housemates, and although I haven't been paying as much attention to these forums as I used to, I think that most people are fine with the housemate selection. The problems all lie in the lack of Uncut, Up Late and live streaming (once the three best things about Big Brother!) as well as the bad editing and and poorly scheduled daily shows. I could even tolerate the gimmicky nature of the daily shows if they had some live content to back it up with.

But thats what is annoying a small handful of current viewers..it isnt what is keeping people away. Ive not heard a single person say they arent watching because there is no uplate

Back