Skip to main content

Who the?… How the?… What the?… Where the?… When the?… Why the?…

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
…this is a ‘What The?’:… I’ve started this thread for people that need questions answered by people more knowledgeable than themselves (or are just plain smart arses lol!)… but seriously… I’ve looked everywhere on the Internet to see where I can get this valued or even just some information about it… I know that it’s called a ‘pub beer tower’ (or something like that)… but I’d love to know how old it is and where it’s from for example…

IMG_5739.jpegIMG_5735.jpegIMG_5740.jpeg

…so if anyone knows where I can take it to find out anything about it I’d be forever grateful… (in the UK you can take it to the ‘Antiques Roadshow’ for instance)… it’s a shame we don’t have that here because I’d be laughing…

…anyway… there’s always somebody that knows the answer to something that you have no clue about… hence the reason for this thread… is there any other thread that does this on here?… if so… just tell me and I’ll go to it and just ignore this thread lol!… cheers.

…this is a ‘Why The’:… why is it that when your Doctor tells you to ‘fast’ so that you can give a good urine sample the next morning that time suddenly goes so slow until you can eat again?… the Doctor should be telling you to ‘slow’ instead of ‘fast’ methinks!… cheers.

…this is a ‘What The?’:… I’ve started this thread for people that need questions answered by people more knowledgeable than themselves (or are just plain smart arses lol!)… but seriously… I’ve looked everywhere on the Internet to see where I can get this valued or even just some information about it… I know that it’s called a ‘pub beer tower’ (or something like that)… but I’d love to know how old it is and where it’s from for example…
I think /r/whatisthisthing on reddit is more likely to help on this

…this is a ‘How The?’:… this does my head in every bloody time… right!… on certain programs the guy says about time travel…”if you have a machine that lets you go backwards or forwards in time and you travel backwards… what happens if you meet your grandfather as a young kid… get into an argument with him… you end up fighting and accidentally kill him… do you end up being not born or just instantly cease to exist AND… how can you go back and kill him in the first place????… how the hell does THAT question answer itself?…

1)… time travel is not possible (yet)?…

2)… why would you need to have an argument with your grandfather?…

3)… wouldn’t it be better to go into the future… grab the ‘Sports Almanac’ as in ‘Back to the Future’ and make yourself rich?…

4)... you’d have to pretty stupid if you didn’t think that killing your grandfather would mean you would not even exist… why have you even got access to a time machine if you are that stupid?…

5)… after you accidentally killed your grandfather is there a sound of ‘bink’ or a sound of ‘poof’ as you disappear into oblivion?…

6)… so if you killed your grandfather and your grandmother then remarried someone else and had children… would you be born anyway with a different face and traits inherited from your new grandfather?…

7)… just say that you went back and THOUGHT that you had killed your grandfather but he somehow survived… he’d KNOW that you tried to kill him… that you came back from the future… then when you were eventually born… would he try to kill you as a baby to prevent you growing up to eventually you go back in time to kill him in the first place?…

8)… then… if he did manage to kill you as a baby to prevent you eventually killing him… how would he go explaining to the Police that you went back in time and killed him but he murdered you as a baby to prevent that?…

9)… what if… because you killed your grandfather your grandmother was so devastated that you killed her soul mate that she never remarried or had children?… yet again your parents and you would again… never been born…

10)… SO!… in summing up… I know that you don’t believe what you think I said but I’m not sure that you realise that what you heard is not what I meant… but if you believe what you think I meant then perhaps you heard or read what you think I said?… but either way… thinking that what I’m saying makes any sense may make YOU believe that you know what I’m saying could be believable in regards to the answer of this conundrum BUT!… being not too sure that I don’t believe that what I said then perhaps YOU really doubt that what you read could be the answer to this?.. AND… was the grandfather responsible for his own death or perhaps was it him that went back in time in the first place?… so who gets blamed for starting the argument and for the eventual death of either him or the bloody grandfather?…

…anyway… after all that… I‘ve officially just had a total mental mind fuck and now have to drink some Rum and perhaps have a nice lie down lol!… the moral of the story is:… don’t invent a bloody time machine and don’t go back and kill your grandfather!…

…hmmmm!… I’ve just had a realisation!… the GRANDMOTHER sent him back in time to kill the grandfather so that she could live a wild life of sex and debauchery so she could finally be free!… CASE SOLVED!… end of story!… cheers. 👍🤪😜😬😇.

…this is a ‘How The?’:… this does my head in every bloody time… right!… on certain programs the guy says about time travel…”if you have a machine that lets you go backwards or forwards in time and you travel backwards… what happens if you meet your grandfather as a young kid… get into an argument with him… you end up fighting and accidentally kill him… do you end up being not born or just instantly cease to exist AND… how can you go back and kill him in the first place????… how the hell does THAT question answer itself?…

1)… time travel is not possible (yet)?…

2)… why would you need to have an argument with your grandfather?…

3)… wouldn’t it be better to go into the future… grab the ‘Sports Almanac’ as in ‘Back to the Future’ and make yourself rich?…

4)... you’d have to pretty stupid if you didn’t think that killing your grandfather would mean you would not even exist… why have you even got access to a time machine if you are that stupid?…

5)… after you accidentally killed your grandfather is there a sound of ‘bink’ or a sound of ‘poof’ as you disappear into oblivion?…

6)… so if you killed your grandfather and your grandmother then remarried someone else and had children… would you be born anyway with a different face and traits inherited from your new grandfather?…

7)… just say that you went back and THOUGHT that you had killed your grandfather but he somehow survived… he’d KNOW that you tried to kill him… that you came back from the future… then when you were eventually born… would he try to kill you as a baby to prevent you growing up to eventually you go back in time to kill him in the first place?…

8)… then… if he did manage to kill you as a baby to prevent you eventually killing him… how would he go explaining to the Police that you went back in time and killed him but he murdered you as a baby to prevent that?…

9)… what if… because you killed your grandfather your grandmother was so devastated that you killed her soul mate that she never remarried or had children?… yet again your parents and you would again… never been born…

10)… SO!… in summing up… I know that you don’t believe what you think I said but I’m not sure that you realise that what you heard is not what I meant… but if you believe what you think I meant then perhaps you heard or read what you think I said?… but either way… thinking that what I’m saying makes any sense may make YOU believe that you know what I’m saying could be believable in regards to the answer of this conundrum BUT!… being not too sure that I don’t believe that what I said then perhaps YOU really doubt that what you read could be the answer to this?.. AND… was the grandfather responsible for his own death or perhaps was it him that went back in time in the first place?… so who gets blamed for starting the argument and for the eventual death of either him or the bloody grandfather?…

…anyway… after all that… I‘ve officially just had a total mental mind fuck and now have to drink some Rum and perhaps have a nice lie down lol!… the moral of the story is:… don’t invent a bloody time machine and don’t go back and kill your grandfather!…

…hmmmm!… I’ve just had a realisation!… the GRANDMOTHER sent him back in time to kill the grandfather so that she could live a wild life of sex and debauchery so she could finally be free!… CASE SOLVED!… end of story!… cheers. 👍🤪😜😬😇.
haha...I'm more of a Star Trek rather than Back to the Future time travel follower (only really watched Back to the Future one) so I'm sooooooo confused by your queries, but as usual so very entertained lol

…I’m a total all things to do with the Star Trek universe fan… that’s for sure lol!… my most favourite being the original TV series with Shatner and Nimoy… my least favourite being Deep Space Nine… I like the Chris Pine / Zachary Quinto adaptation of Kirk / Spock in the first two movies of the new versions of the new Star Trek universe too… Star Trek Next Generation and Voyager were great TV series too… I love the whole concept of Star Trek in all its forms… Live long and prosper… cheers.

…this is a ‘What The?’:… well actually it’s a ‘What If?’:… (something I missed in my initial title of this thread)… what if we could see sound?… how weird would that be?… imagine walking through a city and seeing all the things that you’re hearing?… imagine watching hundreds of sound waves overlapping and bouncing off buildings at the same time?… would they get in the way of watching everything else of what you’re trying to actually look at?… you’d be overwhelmed and blinded by sound waves… hmmmm!… just a well we can’t see them eh?… just thinking… cheers.

…um… it’s not exactly what I was talking about above but I found these clips on Youtube… I remeber some of these videos from about eight years ago or more… anyhow… watch and be amazed by sound… cheers.

…this is a ‘Who The?’:

Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong
Who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop
Who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip

…sorry… I was being a bit silly and playful 😬😇… cheers.

…this is a ‘Why The’:… If God exists… why do Flies/Mosquitoes/Lice and Ticks etc exist?… cheers.

…this is a ‘Why is it?’:… (or possibly even a how is it?)… why/how is it that if someone pours boiling hot water into a cup and then say… “drink it”… you can’t… it’s way too hot… you’ll scold or burn your tongue on it for sure… but… put some instant noodles into the boiling water and people will just keep blowing on it and try eating it regardless of the fact that it’s still in boiling hot water… weird… cheers.

Back