Skip to main content

What would reepbot say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I understood. It was an opportunity for gratuitous passive aggression (as per your definition!)
Consider my two alternate responses:

Option 1) OK.
Option 2) OK...

Option 1 means the matter is resolved. Option 2 means I'm sending a bitchy PM about you as we speak. I'm taking this offline, except you're not even invited.

Consider my two alternate responses:

Option 1) OK.
Option 2) OK...

Option 1 means the matter is resolved. Option 2 means I'm sending a bitchy PM about you as we speak.

Ok... to me means 'yeah, whatever you say you fucking fuckwit. As if i would ever believe anything you would ever say.'

Or 'This is way too weird for me.'

Ok... to me means 'yeah, whatever you say you fucking fuckwit. As if i would ever believe anything you would ever say.'

Or 'This is way too weird for me.'
I'm afraid of what your Whatevers mean.
images

Anyone will do.
OK, for Reepbot Real Life Scenarios, I'll start.

I was in Kiev with my Australian Boss and an Austrian Manager checking out a company to be acquired. We were staying in one of Kiev's best hotels, but they are former communists, so it was still like a gilded mental ward, 2.5 star tops, and 80s neon decorations in the foyer. After getting back from visiting some redneck Ukrainian town, where along the way, our driver bribed a cop with just 1 Euro!, cows crossed a major highway and 70cm floodwater filled the streets, the Austrian suggested a relaxing drink in the hotel foyer bar. He said things in Ukraine are a little different.

OK, so we go in to the main bar at Kiev's best hotel and there are more women than customers and you're apparently expected to just buy drinks for conversation hookers. Precisely what else is on offer I never found out, but I'm guessing whatever it is can be bought. Again, I'm not shocked that this happens, but this was at a pretty reputable place...relatively speaking.

A moderately attractive, but not that great, woman ignores me avoiding eye contact and sits down adjacent. I say 'I'm just the technical guy having a drink with my boss. No thanks.' I wasn't blushing, but on principle I don't buy drinks for hooked conversation or even do I know what commitment that means. Earlier that day I was witnessing ukrainian mafia protection money being paid by my boss so I was pretty happy staying the nerd on that trip.

How does reepbot react?!

16- LOST
images

'Lost' to me wasn't about the mystery of the island for me. I know, from reading various internet forums, that there were many people who were not happy about the ending of the show. They complained long and bitterly into the lonely night as their sugar coated fingers tapped hungrily at the keyboard. Their complaints were many and varied, and to me very tiresome. For to me I really loved the character interactions between Jack and Locke; Penny and Desmond; Locke and Ben; and Jack and Sawyer. The way they interacted with each other was really interesting, especially how some of those relationships seemed to be based on power (Locke and Ben).

Now, I feel criticism of art has its place, and is much needed if art is to continue to grow and flourish. Getting advice about your tv script or novel is invaluable to making it better. I mean that's why i used to post my stories here, so people could give me advice on them. I was ready to be criticized. By that i don't mean ':rolleyes:you should ask your course for a refund.' but something more constructive like commenting on character, place, or setting. How this relates to 'Lost' is that i feel that show can get unfairly criticized by people who just want to bitch about something, and that i don't mind the constructive criticism of the show.

OK, for Reepbot Real Life Scenarios, I'll start.

I was in Kiev with my Australian Boss and an Austrian Manager checking out a company to be acquired. We were staying in one of Kiev's best hotels, but they are former communists, so it was still like a gilded mental ward, 2.5 star tops, and 80s neon decorations in the foyer. After getting back from visiting some redneck Ukrainian town, where along the way, our driver bribed a cop with just 1 Euro!, cows crossed a major highway and 70cm floodwater filled the streets, the Austrian suggested a relaxing drink in the hotel foyer bar. He said things in Ukraine are a little different.

OK, so we go in to the main bar at Kiev's best hotel and there are more women than customers and you're apparently expected to just buy drinks for conversation hookers. Precisely what else is on offer I never found out, but I'm guessing whatever it is can be bought. Again, I'm not shocked that this happens, but this was at a pretty reputable place...relatively speaking.

A moderately attractive, but not that great, woman ignores me avoiding eye contact and sits down adjacent. I say 'I'm just the technical guy having a drink with my boss. No thanks.' I wasn't blushing, but on principle I don't buy drinks for hooked conversation or even do I know what commitment that means. Earlier that day I was witnessing ukrainian mafia protection money being paid by my boss so I was pretty happy staying the nerd on that trip.

How does reepbot react?!

I would not buy her a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back