Skip to main content

...the many things that you remember as a kid or teenager...

I did have the book too before I left Aus. I kinda think it'd be great if there was irrefutable evidence that proved that the various religions were actually based on aliens visiting earth. They would hate it, but what a huge breakthrough it would be, to explain things that seem too fantastical and even ridiculous in the bible and other religious texts. In science fiction, it's a regular plot device that space travellers visiting a primitive civilisation could be thought of as gods, because the people couldn't understand or comprehend what they were seeing. Anyway, Christians would be divided between "how dare you insult Jesus" and "I told you so".

…that is so true… and… if it was proven that Aliens had a lot to do with ‘miracles’ and other various acts in the Bible… they should be as happy as… after all… if God created EVERYTHING… didn’t he create the Aliens too?… yet another example of God’s miraculous work?… that’s why I don’t get the Churches big deal and objection about it… cheers.

…wow!… colour me impressed!… I thought that it was mostly a guy type of thing back in the 70’s… it’s good to see that your sister was such a forward thinker with an open mind back then… all credit to her!… just out of curiosity … did you ever read it February?… cheers.
Yes, I was right into all that sort of stuff. I think she would have been about 16, and I would have been about 14, as it would have been before she left home for Uni.
I'm sure after that one I discovered another of his books. Return Of The Gods. A good few years later.

Yes, I was right into all that sort of stuff. I think she would have been about 16, and I would have been about 14, as it would have been before she left home for Uni.
I'm sure after that one I discovered another of his books. Return Of The Gods. A good few years later.

…ha!… it bought that book the day it was released!… lol!… it’s great to see that your mind was as open as your sister’s way back then Febs… in fact to see that you were into it at a younger age of 14 is even more impressive... well done you… cheers.

…ha!… it bought that book the day it was released!… lol!… it’s great to see that your mind was as open as your sister’s way back then Febs… in fact to see that you were into it at a younger age of 14 is even more impressive... well done you… cheers.
My mind went into overdrive when I was aware of myself being inside my body at 8. And wondered where I'd been before I was born. I have read so much over the years about "the other side" the universe, the soul, life after death, reincarnation. My bookshelf would make anyone think I was searching for some answers - or just plain nuts! 😂

My mind went into overdrive when I was aware of myself being inside my body at 8. And wondered where I'd been before I was born. I have read so much over the years about "the other side" the universe, the soul, life after death, reincarnation. My bookshelf would make anyone think I was searching for some answers - or just plain nuts! 😂
…you and I sound like we think exactly the same way at times lol!… more scary for you methinks lol!… cheers. 😜🤪😵‍💫😆.

…you and I sound like we think exactly the same way at times lol!… more scary for you methinks lol!… cheers. 😜🤪😵‍💫😆.
Well, i like both of you, so what does that make me? (okay...no negative thoughts from the peanut gallery haha)

Last edited:
Well, i like both of you, so what does that make me? (okay...no negative thoughts from the peanut gallery haha)

…haha!… welcome to our loony club Penguin88… feel free to spout out any crackpot theories that you wish… after all… it’s never stopped us before lol!… 😜🤪😵‍💫🤭… and… thanks a lot for those links… cheers.

…I have just watched the entire 1 hour video of this link that you provided BBpenguin88… this one here…

…as much as I have loved NASA since the early 60’s I’m getting weird vibes about their intentions with this particular thing… what do I get from it?… well… the pessimist within me thinks…

1)… Project Blue Book will now come with a NASA logo attached to it methinks!…
2)… NASA is still a Government body… they will still only release what the Government will want or allow them to…
3)… “do you REALLY want to report on that captured Alien from last week because you’re “open and transparent “ or do you STILL want that forthcoming deep Space mission funding?… think about it!”…
4)… what about all of the UFO reports from their own Astronauts since the early 60’s?… ( Buzz Aldrin/Niel Armstrong and Michael Collins included)… will THOSE reports be investigated?… after all… those guys are at the top of the pile for getting facts right aren’t they?…
5)… and… UFO’s are still UFO’s regardless of what YOU call them (to me at least)…
6)… ‘open and transparent’ my arse!… Project Bluebook part 2 roll on!…

…that’s the vibe I got anyway 😡☹️… I’ll comment on the other video later when I get home… I hope that it’s better news in that one… cheers

…I have just watched the entire 1 hour video of this link that you provided BBpenguin88… this one here…

…as much as I have loved NASA since the early 60’s I’m getting weird vibes about their intentions with this particular thing… what do I get from it?… well… the pessimist within me thinks…

1)… Project Blue Book will now come with a NASA logo attached to it methinks!…
2)… NASA is still a Government body… they will still only release what the Government will want or allow them to…
3)… “do you REALLY want to report on that captured Alien from last week because you’re “open and transparent “ or do you STILL want that forthcoming deep Space mission funding?… think about it!”…
4)… what about all of the UFO reports from their own Astronauts since the early 60’s?… ( Buzz Aldrin/Niel Armstrong and Michael Collins included)… will THOSE reports be investigated?… after all… those guys are at the top of the pile for getting facts right aren’t they?…
5)… and… UFO’s are still UFO’s regardless of what YOU call them (to me at least)…
6)… ‘open and transparent’ my arse!… Project Bluebook part 2 roll on!…

…that’s the vibe I got anyway 😡☹️… I’ll comment on the other video later when I get home… I hope that it’s better news in that one… cheers
I have more faith in NASA (especially after Drumpf tried to start that Space department of the military) so I can tolerate all the speculation. I'm pretty sure that all has been investigated and put into the file for Area 51 lol. Surely we can't believe in this whole wide wonderful world that God would only put life on our little planet...
This is my favourite NASA man (w/a great take on movies & science lol)

Last edited:
I have more faith in NASA (especially after Drumpf tried to start that Space department of the military) so I can tolerate all the speculation. I'm pretty sure that all has been investigated and put into the file for Area 51 lol. Surely we can't believe in this whole wide wonderful world that God would only put life on our little planet...
This is my favourite NASA man (w/a great take on movies & science lol)

…Neil Degrasse Tyson / Brian Cox and the mighty Carl Sagan are my faves… (not to mention Leonardo da Vinci of course… just imagine him contributing to the mix if he was alive in this day and age)… cheers.

…we were going along a beach walk today and I saw an old guy and his wife (they were both older than me lol!)… he was wearing a snazzy pair of braces holding up his pants…

…as we passed by each other I said… ”gooday mate!… I love those braces… they’re pretty snazzy eh?”…

…he said… “aw thanks mate… my wife hates me wearing them lol!”…

…I said…”my grandfather used to ALWAYS wear braces… in fact… he had over about 20 pairs from memory lol!… he had ‘going out’ ones and ‘staying at home‘ ones lol!”…

…his wife said… “so does he (can’t remember his name)… he’s wearing his ‘going out’ braces right now lol!…so it must be a ‘thing’ with old men I suppose!”…

…I said… “I can’t be that old then!”…

…we all laughed and moved on… it was a fun thing today lol!… it made me laugh… I like that… cheers.

…I distinctly remember that when I was probably 5-6 or 7 years old my mum bought me my first pair of ‘Wellies’ or ‘Wellington’ boots… I was so fascinated with them… I wouldn’t take them off lol!… my mum used to to me that I would create hell when I couldn’t wear them… I used to cry and chuck mega tantrums… lol!… and then I discovered that as well as being able to keep the water OUT to keep my feet dry… they can also keep the water IN too… she told us all that when I used to wear them in mid summer that I would fill them up completely with water while I was wearing them to cool myself down… I‘d just sit there as if I was sitting with my feet in a wading pool… lol!… I didn’t realise that I was such a genius at such a young age lol!… ha!… those were the days alright… cheers.

…I remember that when we were kids that my younger brother (he was about 2 1/2 years younger than me) but he was so much better at EVERYTHING that he did and beat me at everything… he had the talent to be able to do anything new and always pick it up faster and better than me… no matter what it was… Surfing for instance… we both got our Surfboards at the same time… and when we went out for the first time he stood straight up and was busting moves all over the place like a seasoned Pro… me?… I couldn’t stand up and surf at all … jeez!… it shit me off!… lol!…

…he instantly nailed roller skating… in fact… he ended up being a skating champion at our rink… he could do amazing stuff… whatever Video games we ever played against each other… (even up until his death a year or so ago from Cancer)… HE ALWAYS KICKED MY ARSE!… god it used to shit me off too lol!… he was so gifted at everything… but he was also illiterate… he had a sort of dyslexia when it came to that… but in everything else he was just plain talented lol!…

…anyway… quite a few years later (until a few months before his death)… we were sitting on his rear verandah and were slowly getting pissed and we were talking and laughing about how he always kicked my arse in everything… we were sooooo drunk… I said to him…

…”no matter what we ever did… you have always beaten me!… you’ve always kicked my arse… you never ‘let me win’ just to make me feel good… lol!“…

…his reply absolutely stunned me… it also humbled me so much… he said something along these lines…

…”Peter… I always HAD to… from the age of 9-10 years old… you’ve been able to paint and draw and write stories and stuff and you've always been so bloody good at it… I could never do them… I couldn’t come close to doing it… everyone used to praise you all the time… you were so gifted… I was always in your shadow so I had to adapt… once I realised that you weren’t as gifted as me at balance or learning new things as I was… you were ALWAYS going to get shit stirred by me lol!… at last I was better than you at SOMETHING… that’s why I never let you win lol!… you’re stuff is great… I would have given that all up just to be able to do half of what you could do in a heartbeat…

…I was stunned to hear that… and also very much humbled… this happened when we both knew that his Cancer was terminal… so whether he was ‘getting it off his chest’ I don’t know but it sure made me feel good at the time… and with us both being totally pissed at the time… he must have meant it… why would he say it unless it was true?…

…I sure miss him the little sod… lol!… cheers.

…when I was about 11-12 years old and was in the poor area of the East end of London in the early 60’s… my parents were so poor that they couldn’t afford Christmas decorations… so they used to make the best of the situation and make it a family fun time to make ‘paper chain’ decorations… that is:… anything that could be cut into different coloured strips of paper that could be looped into each other to make ‘chains’ of decorations… like these…

IMG_1420.jpegIMG_1419.jpegIMG_1418.jpegIMG_1417.jpegIMG_1416.jpegIMG_1422.jpeg

…I remember that my mum would be cutting the strips of paper… my brother and sister would each take turns to put some glue or paste onto the strip and I (because I was the oldest) would be responsible for looping them together until we had the complete chain lol!… sometimes we let my brother and sister have a go but they were terrible at it… (they got so much glue on themselves that they couldn’t form the loops)… lol!… but to us kids it was a great fun time because we really didn’t realise that we were poor at the time… we just accepted our lifestyle as being just ‘normal’ (god bless our innocence and ignorance)… jeez they were great times!… Merry Christmas everyone… cheers.

Back