Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Thanks MJ, I am a bit obssessed with Tina Fey and really missing 30Rock, in fact most of my current obssessions are off air and I'm starved - no james spader, no tennant, no tina, no weirdo stuff like flight of the choncordes or mighty boosh.

I've only just discovered the Tina Fey obsession and love 30 Rock..... At least that's still on TV

I have watched all of 30rock on surfthechannel.com, but it's not on air here at the moment - or have I missed something?
I just love Tina and Alec Baldwin is fantastic in this, love that bit where she copied how he speaks all husky.

I have watched all of 30rock on surfthechannel.com, but it's not on air here at the moment - or have I missed something?
I just love Tina and Alec Baldwin is fantastic in this, love that bit where she copied how he speaks all husky.

The episode when she thought she was pregnant was very funny

I dunno what happened to the Favourite Ads thread, so I'm just gonna stick this in here.

I love this ad. The broccoli cracks me up every time. :D
[youtubevid]Gd8XsTVWDyY[/youtubevid]

Get ready to rip off your wig! MP is coming back! :D
First it was 90210, now it’s Melrose.
By David Knox on October 29, 2008
TV Tonight
melrose-place.jpg

We have Aaron Spelling’s estate to “thank” for this.

Not content with selling off the rights to 90210 for a re-make now they wanna flog off Melrose Place.

Creative Artists Agency originally approached the CW with the idea of developing either 90210 or Melrose Place. Because the CW’s target audience is 18-to-34 year-old women, the network (along with CBS Paramount, the studio) opted for a new 90210.

Despite it not attracting enough eyeballs in Australia, the show has tracked well with demographics in the US (it’s returning here in summer). So now CW is developing a new-look Melrose.

But how can they ever top a show that was already 80’s excess? Big hair, big soap, big explosions, big sex scenes? It was a big deal. And we loved it for all it’s glorious trash, crowded around TV sets every week ordering pizza and being gobsmacked by outrageous storylines at D&D advertising and behind those Melrose venetian blinds. Whose turn would it be to end up in the pool?

Melrose gave us plenty of new favourites. Two of the stars, Doug Savant and Marcia Cross, are now regulars on Desperate Housewives, Kristin Davis went on to Sex and the City, and Courtney Thorne-Smith moved to Ally McBeal and According to Jim. Josie Bissett is in Secret Diary of an American Teenager, Jack Wagner has been a Bold & Beautiful regular, Rob Estes popped up in Women’s Murder Club (and even 90210), Daphne Zuniga moved to One Tree Hill while Lisa Rinna is a red carpet hostess. Others who now appear in occasional guest roles on other dramas include Andrew Shue, Grant Show, Thomas Calbro, Laura Leighton.

Meanwhile special guest star Heather Locklear was last in trouble with the law (no T.J. Hooker to her rescue, there).

And if they are shopping round Spellings other shows, how long before we hear of The Love Boat remake and -heaven forbid- Twin Peaks (that would be sacrilege!).

Lastly, here at TV Tonight, Tuesday night’s are still a bitch…

It better have Heather Locklear in it. And if Marcia Cross knows what's good for her, she'll get out of Dreary Housewives and psycho it up again too! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes please I loved Melrose, especially nutso Michael and his bitching partner who is now on Bold.
Remember that Seinfeld episode where jerry pretends he doesn't watch it and then is given a lie detector test by his cop girlfriend?

OMFG! :eek: If the news that Melrose Place is to be resurrected hasn't already sent me into trash heaven...this will! :D
Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan 'in HBO sitcom'
Article from: BANG Showbiz
October 29, 2008 07:29am
0,,6323355,00.jpg

BRITNEY Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan are rumoured to be in talks to star in a sitcom together.
US TV network HBO, which brought us Sex and the City, are reportedly keen to sign up the blonde trio to appear as flatmates struggling to make it big in Hollywood.

Hilton, Spears and Lohan were once close friends and were regulalry seen together on the party circuit in 2006.

The proposed show has been described as a cross between Friends and Ugly Betty.

"The chemistry between them will be electric," a source told Britain's Daily Star newspaper.

"They were very close and have had their ups and downs in the Los Angeles party world but they have overcome those problems now. They can draw from their experiences for the sitcom."

Show chiefs are said to have approached Extras star Ricky Gervais and Desperate Housewives creator Mark Cherry to pen the script, which would see the trio playing characters inspired by themselves.

"Paris will play a fashion designer who will try anything to get her outfits noticed," the source said.

"Britney's character is an aspiring singer, but her unusual song lyrics stop her from hitting the big time.

"Lindsay will be a little like Joey from Friends.”

*faints*

well i loved 90210 when it was on......

so i would have given this a try

NOT ANY MORE

Apparently 10 announce what they will fill the BB gap with next year on Monday, and some have speculated it could be a local version of TAR or other RTV competition type thing.

"Britney's character is an aspiring singer, but her unusual song lyrics stop her from hitting the big time.

... i dont have to say it do I, surely we're all thinking the same thing.

Those choices are quite hard, some I just don't want to give anymore publicity.

Last night I think I endured heroes for the last time, this show is so cartoon kiddie and ridiculous it actually really shits me. Too bad I like the original idea sort of, but hell they have killed it, it's so damn silly and stupid. If they killed half the cast it might stand a chance.
They recently sacked writers and producers it sucks so bad.

what did everyone think of Trev being kicked off the (AFL) Footy show?

Back