Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Anyone ever watch RIVER MONSTERS????
Since I can't find anything else but crime shit shows at this time, right now wednesday after BB, watched last week and this one.

Freaky stuff, child eating fish, swallowing men whole fish, icky........and I have always hated swimming in creepy rivers and lakes.
Unless it is clear and sandy bottom, possible. Otherwise, yuck, murky mysteries, eels, leeches and shit. And now monsters!

OMG that was scary, do not ever swim in an African river.
They have a kind of giant piranna , not piranna, more evil things.
Packs of shark fish, big fat mean mothers full of nasty teeth - ate a whole boat load of kids.
Piranna look like sardines, these look like, ummm big fat savage tuna....:(

A few updates from here in the UK. The second series of the brilliant Peaky Blinders started on Thursday. If you've not seen the first series essentially it's a 1920s gangster drama set in the Wild West Midlands - it's a bit slow to get going but it gets there in the end and has a brilliant and distinctive soundtrack throughout. The Fall is also due to return shortly - I would guess it'll probably be once Peaky Blinders wraps up.

If you've ever wondered what Skins crossed with Broadchurch might be like try Glue, by the brilliant Jack Thorne. Like Skins it has a really strong cast of people who you feel won't be unknowns for long, plus the bloke from Rizzle Kicks, while the murder mystery at the centre of it is pretty damn good - three weeks in and I haven't got an inckling who might be the guilty party.

Comedy wise and both Plebs (the "Roman Inbetweeners") and The Job Lot have returned over the last couple of weeks, while new comedy Scrotal Recall is actually rather brilliant. The premise is a bloke has to track down his exes after getting chlamydia so each episode is basically an extended flashback - first episode was very funny so I'd definately recommend it.

Finally if you like a bit of horror in your gameshows try Release the Hounds. The premise is simple - three friends alone in a forest at night. They have to complete challenges and one by one leave the estate by tackling the Dog Run - that's outrunning a pack of hounds and jumping over the wall with the cash. Those that make it win the cash - while they leave it up to viewers to work out what might have happened to those who didn't.

Reactions: kxk
So happy to hear Colin Farrell will be in the next True Detective!!!!!!!!!!! Yummy!

Anyone watching Gotham? I'm loving so far but it's only been 2 episodes.

@kxk Tonight on SBS/Insight they will be talking about whether marijuana should be legalised. Just thought I would give you a heads up on this, I know that you are interested in this issue.

Reactions: kxk
Thank you @Inigo Montoya will check it out - not so much interested in debates about whether to do it, it is happening.
Happening faster than I predicted too:)

I want to learn how to get the licenses, and get into commercial production -with my farmer cousins.

Has anyone been watching the Josh Thomas comedy, Please Like Me? Final episode of this series coming up shortly.

I turned it on from 9 o'clock after BB but because I am on here reading threads left, right and centre I missed both. I'm hopeless. :laugh:

Just to say how brilliant is The Code. The BBC are screening it in double bills on Saturday nights (which I believe means we get the finale before you!) and it's one of the best dramas in this genre I've seen in ages.

Back