Skip to main content

Survivor UK - starts Oct 28 (on 10Play Sun/Mon nights)

I didn't realise that Leliani used to have a singing career in the late 90s. Though as her best song only made it to no 19 on the UK charts, I'm guessing it didn't pay the bills for too long.

A lot of people seem to think Doug and Peg voting out Shai was a mistake but I don't think so. Clearly Leliani and Tinueke were pissed at Laurence and Shai and they were unlikely to work with Doug and Peg moving forward by association. By voting off Shai, Doug has shown that he wasn't with those 2 and he's kept Nathan in the game which will give him more options moving forward.

On a personal note I thought Shai was a more interesting personality than Nathan who has given nothing other than a little bit during his letter the whole season.

Not sure what Lawrence was thinking agreeing to vote off Jess with Shai in the first place though. Shai had to make that move, but Lawrence was in a better position and could have voted off Doug and Peg back to back to weaken La Nina.

Big mistake by Doug and Peg voting out Shai. He would have stayed loyal to them post-merge and given them options. They've just pissed off and undermined Laurence, and fuelled any remaining Caletons in the game who will reunite with Nathan now.

The song choice in this show reminds me of Netflix and shows like Love is Blind. Really on the nose choices, and so loud.

I've given up on it now - forgot about it Saturday and apparently Sunday spent ages on letters from home after barely a fortnight away. Too late for them to start playing the game now given they've given viewers nothing to care about.

As I suspected, what would have been a bad move to vote off Shai in the US or Aus versions wasn't seen as such in the first season of the UK, simply because most people aren't playing with any real logic at all and are basing their decisions on their feelings towards the other players for the most part. Old La Nena voting out Lee and Ashleigh back to back is terrible strategy. If they wanted Lee then they should have been pushing to vote off Lawrence next. Instead they've left the door open for the Caletons to get the numbers again. Does seem like Doug and Peg are intergrating with the Caletons now though

I'd long given up on this but apparently they spent half of the penultimate episode on phone calls home and then as expected a very bitter jury at the end that did not recognise game. Hopefully axed - there was no casting call put out for a second series.

Back