Skip to main content

Survivor: Titans vs Rebels - Episode 24 - The Final

…what have you liked or disliked about this show this season?…

• Total voters

Feras revealed that although they filmed the finale months ago, he didn’t find out that he’d won until the episode aired, which he watched with contestants Raymond, Kirby, Aileen, Rianna, Garrick, Viola, Frankie, Nathan, Jaden, Winna, Kelly and Sarah.
I know Aussie TV loves their fake winning moment but just don't buy it with Survivor - it's usually obvious where the votes are going and even if they film the real result and a fake one just can't see the jurors going months without telling the winner who they voted for.

Mostly though a fake result on a show like Survivor undermines the credibility of the vote if you film two takes with jurors voting for each finalist. Makes it look like producers then decide which votes to pass off as the real votes.

That said though something kind of satisfying with the idea Caroline was sat at home thinking she might have won.

I'm a follower of Mark on Instagram, it looks like all the contestants this year get on well together in the real world. Feras and Mark were having a drink or two together yesterday.

I'm a follower of Mark on Instagram, it looks like all the contestants this year get on well together in the real world. Feras and Mark were having a drink or two together yesterday.

Feras & Raymond have gone out to lunch heaps of times. Feras is always talking about Kirby & has posted photos etc.

That’s good that they’re all seemingly able to seperate game and real life. Similar to George, Hayley and Simon.

I think Australian survivor has developed to now being in equal footing with the US in terms of how far the game has evolved. Hopefully next year will be crazy and unpredictable.

At least there’s one reality show in Australia that’s developing in the right direction…

One thing having an All newbie cast does is make it truly a shared experience.
Agree. Newbies make it fun to engage with and makes it feel like a true annual competition. Having returnees return and reused makes it feel more like a "show" with main characters who take priortiy. Especially with Australian Survivor's abhorent editing.

It's been nine seasons and we have 38 returnees already amongst the first seven casts, and we have a person in Shonee who has played thrice within the span of 6 seasons. Which is insane. Imagine if Reggie from Big Brother 2003 had appeared again on Big Brother 2005 and 2008.

Newbies are paramount for the quality of the show. Having newbies keeps the game evolving and way more entertaining. Having returnees just leads to groups of people sticking together without any wriggle room. Because they all know thats the key to survivor.

But returnees do make for fun seasons and allow those a second chance that truly deserve one (most of the time anyway) and we become able to connect to the characters. But the amount we have is too much and they need to be spaced out. But it looks like Australian Survivor is on the right track with how it's produced.

This season had no one be eliminted and come back, there were only 2 non eliminations. One being a simple send temporarily someone over to the other tribe and they were all told about it prior to voting, and the other being a vote to vote to send someone into a draw to send over to the other tribe permanantly. And once againt they were informed of the twist prior to voting.

Whilst I do have my complaints with the show they are somewhat out of production's control. The edit of course is something I wish would be fixed but I can learn to live with it if I really have to. But this season my main issue was just the cast, which is compeltly subjective. I probably would have enjoyed the craziness more if I liked the people more and cared about who won. But I'm sure in future there will be casts I do like more.

Big Brother used to be the show I would watch that would feel like an "experience". I was missing that from 2015 onward, but Australian Survivor has claimed that spot for me now.

Back