Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

Actually it is on weekly, @reepbot Unlike the magazines Women's Weekly which is published monthly, and Woman's Day which is published weekly. My church has a newsletter called Wednesday Weekly - it comes out fortnightly! Go figure.[DOUBLEPOST=1490775354][/DOUBLEPOST]
Happy Anniversary @Khun Khun Thirty five years is an incredible achievement in one work place.

that makes sense.

i wonder what a goat would read? like an actual goat? trash?

it would come home and go: "heeee haw heeeee haw i'm home!"

and no one would reply because his goat wife is out to bingo. and their kid has gone to college.

so he goes to visit his next door neighbour the moose. but the moose is too busy dictating a letter of complaint the royal society of light bulbs to notice the goat.

so the goat goes to read trash.

i'm watching Miss Marple. but as for television shows? letters and numbers. a bit of neighbours. the muppet show.

I love HYBPA. I also enjoy Planet America. I've got into MAFS as well. So dire, it's riveting.

Shamefully sucked in by MAFS it is so awful....like car crash tv....but I also get extremely bored and flip it, it is soooooooo dragged out & fake and ridiculous, the spikey haired counsellor is the worst, and now he reminds me of roger federra ....how can you believe anything from that tortured hair man.

I too love Planet America.
And I forgot I have an obsession with all of the tattoo shows, they fascinate me, I don't understand why people do that, and I love watching them.
And any good trashy stuff like the Housewives from everywhere, New York, & Bev Hills, New Jersey, old stuff on 94
Also like International house hunters, sometimes it is us & funny, this show satisfies my curiosity about how people live, love it.
Extreme homes, and tiny houses.
Missing my Vikings.

Will watch some Voice because I adore Boy George, love Kelly (way better than Beyonce in my books), detest the other 2 but whatever...

Oh and @reepbot definitely Catfished - they live in the net,not water, and do not always have whiskers - just some really fugly ones

The ‘Three Question Rule’ will change your life

HAVE you ever gone on a date and felt like you were interviewing the other person rather than having a conversation?

Or, have you ever tried talking to someone at a dinner party and felt like you were getting sucked into a social blackhole?

Did you walk away feeling utterly exhausted and disappointed?

Well, I have something that is about to change your life.

It’s called the Three Question Rule.

I first heard about the Three Question Rule three years ago after a friend told a friend who told me and ever since it has changed the way I socially interact with people.

It goes like this: If you meet someone in a social setting for the first time, ask them three questions and if in that time they haven’t asked you a question back then GET OUT OF THERE because that person has no manners and is wasting your time.

Honestly, it’s not hard to ask someone a question. By asking questions you are showing the person you meet that you care and are engaged. Therefore, if the person you meet doesn’t care then don’t force it, GET OUT OF THERE!

It’s not your responsibility to carry the conversation just because the other person was obviously raised by wolves.
And, yes I know … there will be future people you will meet who will fail the Three Question Rule and you will be socially obligated to stay and, I feel for you. But, if you can get out, GET OUT OF THERE!

If you’re reading this and thinking, “shit, I don’t ask questions”, then don’t feel bad. Well, feel a little bad … but, don’t worry — this is your wake up call! Start asking questions and I promise you, you will start having better social experiences.

I noticed this years ago.........snobs and real morons do this, plus arrogant narcissists, lots of males do it
Plenty of people do this making assumptions and categorizing people without even speaking to them.
People who talk - at you, rather than with you

The ‘Three Question Rule’ will change your life

HAVE you ever gone on a date and felt like you were interviewing the other person rather than having a conversation?

Or, have you ever tried talking to someone at a dinner party and felt like you were getting sucked into a social blackhole?

Did you walk away feeling utterly exhausted and disappointed?

Well, I have something that is about to change your life.

It’s called the Three Question Rule.

I first heard about the Three Question Rule three years ago after a friend told a friend who told me and ever since it has changed the way I socially interact with people.

It goes like this: If you meet someone in a social setting for the first time, ask them three questions and if in that time they haven’t asked you a question back then GET OUT OF THERE because that person has no manners and is wasting your time.

Honestly, it’s not hard to ask someone a question. By asking questions you are showing the person you meet that you care and are engaged. Therefore, if the person you meet doesn’t care then don’t force it, GET OUT OF THERE!

It’s not your responsibility to carry the conversation just because the other person was obviously raised by wolves.
And, yes I know … there will be future people you will meet who will fail the Three Question Rule and you will be socially obligated to stay and, I feel for you. But, if you can get out, GET OUT OF THERE!

If you’re reading this and thinking, “shit, I don’t ask questions”, then don’t feel bad. Well, feel a little bad … but, don’t worry — this is your wake up call! Start asking questions and I promise you, you will start having better social experiences.

I noticed this years ago.........snobs and real morons do this, plus arrogant narcissists, lots of males do it
Plenty of people do this making assumptions and categorizing people without even speaking to them.
People who talk - at you, rather than with you
Hm, I think I'll take this on board. Whether or not you're guilty of this, it's worth being reminded. It's very easy to get caught up in telling your story or version of events or whatever, that reciprocating with interest to someone else's information isn't foremost in your mind.
@kxk I think of you every time I drive past that wine place. I know you're having a few concerns at the moment, but hang in there, as they say. You know how and where to find us for a chat.

Reactions: kxk
chicken would probably be ruined by the time they delivered it i reckon.

though one can't moosey know.

no one can moooosey know.

watching a touch of frost with david jason. yes, that is right mr david jason. quite moosetresting that he has two first names. A david and a jason. quite moostresting indeed.

MOOOOOONFACE!

6860903098_70531eb35c_z.jpg

Has anyone seen the Stephen Colbert 'skit' with the Muppets and the US press secretary doing ma na ma na? Hilarious. As Molly Meldrum would say, do yourself a favour.

Reactions: kxk
Back