Skip to main content

Michael (2008)

Michael paid one of his groupies to defend him in every single regard.
ie everyone who has posted in this thread who joined up today.

Only got confirmed late last night he was going to be on, so people have been having a blast with it all. Crafter fans, or Crafties are loyal and dedicated to the man.

Some people seem to have misjudged him

First of all he isn't promoting his tour as it is almost completely sold out and he is only filling in the vocals because Ed Butcher left. The band has broken up and he is just helping them out.

He also wasn't doing vocals until way way after his audition video.

He has a huge fanbase because he has been in some of the biggest bands in that paticular music scene.

I know it has already been said but half of you seem like you can't read.

Last edited by a moderator:
''Michael Crafter is a singer and strong participant in the Australian hardcore scene. He is known for his anti-drug stance and is Straight edge.

Geez, that must be difficult for him when everyone around him in the music scene is probably doing drugs, including alcohol.

I believe it was intended as biggest band in the Hardcore Scene. And it is true. Ask anyone in Australia and the UK who is into that music scene and 99% (not exactly correct but you know what I mean) will know I Killed The Prom Queen.

I'm detecting large amounts of fail and jealously in this thread. Butthurt that someone from the hardcore scene was the most popular voted contestant? Because he isn't a dickhead jock like every single other housemate that was ever on the show?

I hope he writes everyone off and makes you all look like dickheads. About time someone interesting got into the house.

Also if you had a clue you'd know he's in there for himself to have a good time, not to promote a band (with a sold out tour btw) or shirts or whatever you clueless ****s think

man this forum is mind numbing
most of what i'm about to say has been said before, but maybe hearing it again will educate you apes

micheal isn't he're to promote anything, IKTPQ's last tour is sold out two shows in melbourne's hifi bar, a venue which alot of mid sized US bands cant fill. its their last tour, i'm pretty sure you're average big brother viewer isnt really interested in a broken up metalcore band anyway

channel 10's demographic is widening due to this, i'm not talking about millions, but thousands at least
look at it from their point of view, theyre running a business, more people watching = more money, if you were running a business and you could attract a new group of customers by doing something simple, you would, no matter how small that group is, you still would.

I Killed the Prom Queen are a big band

just because they don't get airplay on commercial radio doesnt mean a band doesnt have a large fanbase
look at parkway drive for example, outside triple J's shortfastloud, and a few public radio punk/hardcore shows, this band gets little to no radio attention, then look at their record sales, they've gotten higher than the majority of "bigger" bands (i think they peaked at 14 on the aria album charts, not the australian charts, overall!)
they sold out HQ in adelaide, 1500 tickets, and continue to sell in these numbers time and time again.
the punk/hardcore scene is massive, its probably bigger than any other style of non-mainstream music in australia, and iktpq are regarded as one of the biggest bands in that scene

as for the other threads full of people calling him a wanker/tool/whatever, reality check: every male in the big brother is a massive tosspot, micheal crafter is probably the most level headed of them all, which is saying something about the social standard of people on this show
look at saxon, muscled up ****bag who probably goes out on saturday nights with the intention of "mackin babes" or "smashin some ****s head in" ect.
then theres nobbi, the token asian, call me racist, whatever i dont give a ****
but this dude is a pain in the ass, nobody has done anything to him he didnt deserve,
but like most people who are part of a minority, i guess he feels the need to use it to his advantage and play the race card every time someone does or says something that upsets him
travis is definite queer, rory is the worst name in the world, followed closely by "zane" if you name your child this, they will grow dreadlocks and bad facial hair, they will also be the cumstains on the sheets of society

as for the god-awful females
this brigette seems like an immature, attention seeking little bitch
dixie is just an idiot who talks too much shit
renee is probably stuck in the closet
rima is in the house for shock value and shock value only

as for user:cruel_heartless... you claim to be a feminist, and you hate ALL men, and claim they are sexist, and should be crushed
dont you find that a tad contradictive?
have you forgotten to take something lately?
eg: a whole box of rodenticide

I think Michael will be a refreshing change to the BB equation in general. There is so much more to him, than a lot of you have been so quick to judge from a few photos and the general 'musician' stereotype.

My son has been a supporter of his for years. He does not need extra publicity, because he has a solid and faithful fan base - as you have already seen here! He has been wanting to experience BB for a long time. He is as sincere and straight-edged as he has been promoted. He is very grateful to the people who have supported his music and his career, and has all the time in the world for the young and impressionable ones who come up to him at the end of his shows. If anything, I think this is a great move by BB to put someone into the house, who gives off that sort of vibe. I'm glad that there are people like him out there in the music business. It's such a delicate position to be in, in terms of influencing our younger people.

Of course you're entitled to your opinions! But just give him a chance, before all the vitriol!

omg where is my ****ing violin..

"Oh, michael, i love you, you are so hard kore and rad, dood."

wank on.

I've never heard of him but I mentioned the band to my sons (14 & 15) and both were suitably impressed and will now watch BB with me. :)

He might be a right dick but he might be just what everyone wanted - someone a little different.

Same here, 13yr old, "what he's in there, wow I'm watching now", and he wants to see Corey.

Michael needs to stop stroking it. He's a full blooded tool.

Honestly I don't see how any dislike for crafter more so than any of the tools in the house can be justified other than assumptions based on who he is, his appearance and the scene he's from.

People on this forum love that life saver dude, barney? and he's a complete chauvinistic Lothario twat. He admits its but all the people here just look at him, go doughy eyed and think he's great and make up excuses and justifications and false realities.
As someone that's hung out extensively in a wide variety of scenes, from the metro sexual, pretty boy jocks, to the punk/hardcore.. whatever you call that scene.. the people that have the bad wrap, like hardcore, punk whatever etc. are the better people by far.

wow, this is one of the most ridiculous threads i have ever read on this site

crafter has certainly brought out the psycho in everyone...yay!

Rocker Michael will “get himself kicked out” of Big Brother

Rocker Michael will “get himself kicked out” of Big Brother

Tim Brunero

Big Brother ‘webmate’ Michael Crafter will “fight everyone in the house” to “get himself kicked out” of the Gold Coast fishbowl so he can join his band on its nationwide farewell tour according to the rock group’s website.

His band ‘I Killed the Prom Queen’, who are due to begin the tour in a fortnight on the 22nd of May, have posted a message on their MySpace page assuring fans Crafter will be on the tour.

“We have received hundreds of messages and emails about what is happening with the tour so hopefully this will put your minds at rest,” says the post.

The post assures fans Crafter will sing on the tour which will not be postponed and is very clear as to how Crafter will escape the house to join the band.

“He is going to fight everyone in the house and get himself kicked out in time for the show on the 22nd of May in adelaide (sic).”

“hope that puts answers (sic) your main concerns IKTPQ (I Killed the Prom Queen).”

I Killed the Prom Queen kick off their ‘Say Goodbye’ tour on the 22nd of May in Adelaide and visit Sydney, Canberra and Perth as well as a number of regional venues finishing on the 8th of June in Brisbane.

Crafter features in a picture promoting the tour on the band’s MySpace page and is named in blog entries about the tour as a band member.

The tattooed musician was injected into the Gold Coast fishbowl on Sunday, a week after the commencement of the show, after receiving the most votes in this year’s new audition process.

Instead of fronting up to auditions as they have in past years budding housemates submitted YouTube style videos to a website and then members of the public voted on their favourite.

Crafter received the most votes on the back of his massive ‘MySpace friend’ base of 10,000 people.

There has been speculation the sometime t-shirt entrepreneur may have entered the house simply to publicise the band’s upcoming tour and to stimulate album sales.

The bands record label, Stomp Entertainment, which is re-releasing the band’s album ‘Music for the recently deceased’ on the 17th of May to coincide with the tour say Crafter is confirmed for the tour.

“He hasn’t been in the band since 2005 but they’re reformed for this Say Goodbye tour,” says spokesperson Jeanna Sims.

“He’s confirmed for vocalist for this tour.”

Two ticketing agents for the tour also told LIVENEWS.com.au the tour will go ahead as planned.

Internet chatter about Crafter has reached fever pitch with conspiracy theorists pointing out the ‘straight edge’ rocker did not speak to Big Brother co-hosts Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O in front of the live studio audience before going into the house.

He is the first person to enter the house this year without speaking to the audience.

A Big Brother spokesperson said Crafter is committed to being in the house.

“As far as we know he’s 100% committed to being in the house, he’s certainly told us nothing,” said the spokesperson.

http://livenews.com.au/Articles/2008/05/06/Rocker_Michael_will_get_himself_kicked_out_of_Big_Brother

Back