Skip to main content

MasterChef judge Jock Zonfrillo dies

Just stop it @Kaz it's nobody's business but the family's and the media shouldn't be speculating on it at all, which is what Media Watch was saying. No point in posting that article which just continues to do what they were talking about.

We definitley need to end this need to know everything culture around celebrities. Especially in cases where someone has passed unexpectedly.

Just stop it @Kaz it's nobody's business but the family's and the media shouldn't be speculating on it at all, which is what Media Watch was saying. No point in posting that article which just continues to do what they were talking about.
To be fair Kaz was just sharing one article there, not running off a string of conspiracy theories.

We definitley need to end this need to know everything culture around celebrities. Especially in cases where someone has passed unexpectedly.
Celebs often feel the need to do the media rounds with every update on their health nowadays though. I always have so much respect for celebs that I've seen have died from cancer without going all Jade Goody about it beforehand.

Celebs often feel the need to do the media rounds with every update on their health nowadays though. I always have so much respect for celebs that I've seen have died from cancer without going all Jade Goody about it beforehand.
I mean there’s a huge difference between choosing to share and speculation.

It is an increasing trend of journalism/main stream media to inundate with stories on a topic while they can. Speculating about almost anything, quoting from social media feeds etc. Usually nothing of quality or substance. It can be overwhelming especially if it is unnecessarily intrusive.

She'd already posted the link to RUOK on the previous page, which has certain implications.
It may just save a life.

It's actually a real bugbear of mine that suicide isn't reported as suicide in the media which leaves any death with "no suspicious circumstances" open to speculation.

Whilst I guess the idea is to not to trigger the suicidal IMO all it does is maintain the stigma around suicide and more specifically mental health and mean as a society the issue of preventing suicide isn't being addressed.

We don't pass judgement on people who die from physical injuries or physical diseases but as a society people who ultimately die from mental illness are still stigmatised.

It may just save a life.

It's actually a real bugbear of mine that suicide isn't reported as suicide in the media which leaves any death with "no suspicious circumstances" open to speculation.

Whilst I guess the idea is to not to trigger the suicidal IMO all it does is maintain the stigma around suicide and more specifically mental health and mean as a society the issue of preventing suicide isn't being addressed.

We don't pass judgement on people who die from physical injuries or physical diseases but as a society people who ultimately die from mental illness are still stigmatised.

Look I understand that, and absolutely agree. But we don't know that it is a suicide and shouldn't be speculating on it FFS. That's the job of the Coronor to determine, not the media, not Kaz, and not you. So just stop it. Fucking hell. I give up.

Back