Skip to main content

Masterchef 2023 - Series discussion

Thanks Brekkie.
I think we were unsure about starting it.
Nice start with Jamie Oliver.
Really sad watching Jock, but we have to get over that and just appreciate his last appearance.
Already some good cooks here, and nice recipes.

Last edited:
Some seriously good cooks this season. Loving the 24 yo girl with the two boys and hubby Tim. Wish I could remember her name though! Haha!

Yes, I think it's Grace. She's really nice.
Just love Jamie Oliver. He is so natural - not at all pretentious. And they all seem to be having a good laugh.

I wonder who will replace Jock 😢

Last edited:
There is no right answer in this - I think continuing with two would make it very noticeable that Jock is no longer with them, and similarly replacing him directly invites direct comparisons too. There is also the question of whether the other two wish to continue without him, but that's not a decision they should be making now.

I think guest judges next year is the best option - the usual names like Ramsey and Oliver plus some local names who are more likely to be able to step up to a full time roll the following season if their guest stint goes well.

There is no right answer in this - I think continuing with two would make it very noticeable that Jock is no longer with them, and similarly replacing him directly invites direct comparisons too. There is also the question of whether the other two wish to continue without him, but that's not a decision they should be making now.

I think guest judges next year is the best option - the usual names like Ramsey and Oliver plus some local names who are more likely to be able to step up to a full time roll the following season if their guest stint goes well.
Yes, I think you're a hundred percent right Brekkie. That makes sense! 👍🏼

I'm glad Hugh got it. I though Melissa had an attitude thinking she had it in a bag.
Could be that one extra glass of wine I had tonight.
Jetlag over.
Life back to normal 😂🤭🥂👍🏼

Cath is funny. She's pulled it off now a couple of times 🤭
Where is she tonight? I haven't seen her and she's pretty hard to miss.

ETA: I missed the start of the show and then got a phone call watching "live" so had to do catch up. Covid has claimed quite a few by all accounts. Hope they all make a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Where is she tonight? I haven't seen her and she's pretty hard to miss.

ETA: I missed the start of the show and then got a phone call watching "live" so had to do catch up. Covid has claimed quite a few by all accounts. Hope they all make a speedy recovery.
Yeah, the ones who had COVID will cook off in an elimination later.

Once again the ads were misleading - one of the vegemite dishes was supposed to blow the judges away and be the most amazing thing ever, but it didn't happen.

OMG! Microwaved caramel dumplings? Seems it worked though.

I loved my Mum's and M-I-L's golden syrup dumplings...but they were cooked on a stove top.

Microwave snobs would have a fit at my place!
Everything is cooked in the air fryer or microwave (though to be fair it's on the convection oven setting).

Microwave snobs would have a fit at my place!
Everything is cooked in the air fryer or microwave (though to be fair it's on the convection oven setting).
I don't have either.
I either use the oven/cooker top/slow cooker or Webber/BBQ - weather permitting.

Back