Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Back on topic, last movie I saw was Spy and it was my first Gold Class experience while we were in Sydney and it was AWESOME!!!!

Super funny movie.

That's not enough Trala. Bake Reepbot and I an apology cake. I want marble and reepbot wants it in the shape of Tina.

PS I'll be doing a DNA test, so no funny business.

Is there a better place to talk about Aussie TV?

(Birdman, BTW)
Not exclusively about aussie TV shows, I don't think there's sufficient quality there for a board to be that restrictive. However Whirlpool it's the only forum that I can think of that has sizable number of posters who contribute regularly on yank TV shows and aussie ones as well.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/106

There are others but the volume/traffic isn't much better than BBAU in the off-season.

I saw Mad Max - Fury Road today. I'm seriously surprised at how much I loved this movie. I'm not an action movie person at all, but it was epic!

Pfft shows how much my word is valued around here. :p
If I say something is EPIC you should be confident of taking that recommendation to the bank. :wink:

It's a beautiful film to look at, you could liken it to a Hieronymus Bosch painting come to life. And the choreography of the stunt work has to be seen to believed. It really is a movie that transcends it's genre, it might be a 2 hour exhilirating thrill ride but there's a method and artistry behind all the madness of the relentless action sequences.

Although the plot of the movie is relative straight forward, it is in my opinion comfortably the best ACTION movie ever filmed as I don't put too much weighting/emphasis on the story for action movies as I ordinarily would say a drama film.

Pfft shows how much my word is valued around here. :p
If I say something is EPIC you should be confident of taking that recommendation to the bank. :wink:

It's a beautiful film to look at, you could liken it to a Hieronymus Bosch painting come to life. And the choreography of the stunt work has to be seen to believed. It really is a movie that transcends it's genre, it might be a 2 hour exhilirating thrill ride but there's a method and artistry behind all the madness of the relentless action sequences.

Although the plot of the movie is relative straight forward, it is in my opinion comfortably the best ACTION movie ever filmed as I don't put too much weighting/emphasis on the story for action movies as I ordinarily would say a drama film.

Better than Die Hard?

Better than Die Hard?
In my opinion, yes. I gather you still haven't seen it yet?

Like it said Fury Road transcends your typical action movies because it is not filled merely with repetitive boring mindless action sequences. There's an elegance/artistry behind all of that that your typical action film has never contemplated let alone included befoe.

It is well put together movie without much being said by the characters which is another aspect of Fury Road that goes over the head of some dullards who accuse it of having no plot or character development. They film lacks 'exposition' they claim when what they're really saying is that they want everything spelt out for them because they don't have the brain capacity to figure it out themselves.

In my opinion, yes. I gather you still haven't seen it yet?

Like it said Fury Road transcends your typical action movies because it is not filled merely with repetitive boring mindless action sequences. There's an elegance/artistry behind all of that that your typical action film has never contemplated let alone included befoe.

It is well put together movie without much being said by the characters which is another aspect of Fury Road that goes over the head of some dullards who accuse it of having no plot or character development. They film lacks 'exposition' they claim when what they really are saying is that they want everything spelt out because they don't have the brain capacity to figure it out themselves.

I have not seen Mad Max yet. Into Murder she Wrote at the moment.

You're missing out, dude. This is a movie that has to been on a big screen to appreciate what it has to offer, both from a visual and audio standpoint. It definitely will not be the same seeing it on a TV screen.

You're missing out, dude. This is a movie that has to been on a big screen to appreciate what it has to offer, both from a visual and audio standpoint. It definitely will not be the same seeing it on a TV screen.

What happens if I like get a magic potion from some crazed old dude that enables my tv to grow bigger so I can watch the Mad Movie, but then the tv comes alive, grows some metal feet, and punches out of my window, leaps over the fence and starts to form a banjo appreciation society with a kettle and a microwave? But the group doesn't work because the kettle was off the boil?

That's not enough Trala. Bake Reepbot and I an apology cake. I want marble and reepbot wants it in the shape of Tina.

PS I'll be doing a DNA test, so no funny business.

:p:p:p:p

Fair call.

I am off to cyber bake for you!

And here is a Tina cake for your side kick:-

image.jpg

Please accept this as my apology. Cyber boredom makes me cuntish.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

For you --> :)

Reactions: Jam
oopseys - sorry everyone - you snooze you loose!

bdcake.jpg

And here is a Tina cake for your side kick:-

View attachment 49004

Please accept this as my apology. Cyber boredom makes me cuntish.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

For you --> :)
I was offering you the chance to bribe your way out of your humiliating slidey backflip, but you were too preoccupied by my proud Scandinavian loins to read between the lines. Face some theatrical prop requiring, turncoat unmasking spotlight, and may the invalidation of 1000 horoscope driven, el'coopian passive aggressive unlikes bedevil Bleachy's next comment.

I would otherwise double your voodoo doll incontinence setting to 'aeroplane', and your bad hair setting from week to month, but the wrath of Bleachy's cyber silent treatment of your skulky argument shipjumping echoes far louder. (That, and you beat our voodoo doll to it, Br'er Rabbit style.)

Your apology and admission of wrongness were implicit back in your Bleachy abandonment about-face. Consider your apology for being wrong, your admission of sneakily trying to stowaway and your rununciation of Bleachy's deluded bigotry...accepted!

Reactions: Jam
I would love to see these movies on the big screen again:

Singin' in the rain.

The Godfather Part one and two.

Goodfellas

Rear Window

Vertigo

Lawrence of Arabia

Jurrasic Park

The Ten Commandments

High Noon (I'd love to see that film get remade)

I was offering you the chance to bribe your way out of your humiliating slidey backflip, but you were too preoccupied by my proud Scandinavian loins to read between the lines. Face some theatrical prop requiring, turncoat unmasking spotlight, and may the invalidation of 1000 horoscope driven, el'coopian passive aggressive unlikes bedevil Bleachy's next comment.

I would otherwise double your voodoo doll incontinence setting to 'aeroplane', and your bad hair setting from week to month, but the wrath of Bleachy's cyber silent treatment of your skulky argument shipjumping echoes far louder. (That, and you beat our voodoo doll to it, Br'er Rabbit style.)

Your apology and admission of wrongness were implicit back in your Bleachy abandonment about-face. Consider your apology for being wrong, your admission of sneakily trying to stowaway and your rununciation of Bleachy's deluded bigotry...accepted!
I'm a bigot? Stay classy, mate.
I don't really understand what most of this post means anyway, but now you're also bringing elcoopo into it! Unbelievable.

ramble ramble ramble, dig dig dig, and gets a like from someone doing exactly what you accuse others of doing, oh the irony!

Back